Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Non autistic guide to getting G2 running on modern systems?

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
I got the GOG gold edition. Doesnt run out of the box. Would also like to play with DX11 as i think it improves the visuals without changing shit for the sake of it like that L'hiver mod.

Tried to follow links from google but it was all a fucking mess, programs in german and whatnot. Krauts are autistic blockheads and i have a great disdain for them. pls help.

curds

Magister
Install the systempack and the playerkit. I forget in which order. It's pretty simple. Your username is quite appropriate.

curds

Magister
Here's the instructions from the "fucking mess, autistic blockhead" site:

• For "GOTHIC2: Night of The Raven"
    1. Install game "GOTHIC2"
    2. Install addon "GOTHIC2: The Night Of The Raven"
    3. Install Gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2.exe
    4. Install Gothic2_PlayerKit-2.8.exe
    5. Install G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.8.exe or G2Returning-SystemPack-1.8.exe* or G2Odyssey-SystemPack-1.8.exe**
    * - only 'The Returning-2.0'.
    ** - depending on addon that you choose.
    6. Play.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
yes ive done that already and the game runs like shit, stuttering every 10 seconds

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Stuttering or low FPS? Vanilla G2 is hardcore CPU bound, you will see 20 fps in Korinth Outside on modern high end CPUs.

post hardware
- cpu
- gpu memory

game main screen
- is systempack even installed properly

playerkit/systempack
github.com/GothicFixTeam/GothicFix/releases
latest dx11 renderer, expect artifacts
github.com/Kirides/GD3D11/releases

optionally
SystemPack.ini
Show_FPS_Counter=1

deama

Prophet
I assume you got windows 10? Try installing a windows 7 virtual machine and run it there, should work fine on windows 7.

Fargus

Arcane
Just download some repack with all the fixes and be done with it. I have those for both games. Saved me the trouble of doing all of this myself.

I'm playing it right now on windows 10. Performance is a mixed bag especially in Khorinis, but it was just the same on win7. Otherwise 0 problems, no crashes, stutters etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom