Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Not-Ultima Online 2: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter is Live

Stabwound

Arcane
This... I don't know. I wish he would drop the multiplayer bullshit and make a full-on Ultima spiritual sequel. It looks like he has it in him, but he's so fucking bent on chopping lumber and playing lutes in pubs and picking eggs out of bird's nests. Just make a huge, awesome world to explore. He's still trying to straddle both sides of the fence and it's pretty sad.

It just looks like an MMO for babbies with some Ultima throwbacks at this point.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry, I looked in the CRPG forum and didn't see a thread. According to Garriott, SotA doesn't fall into the category of MMORPG, and he is credited with coining the term.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry, I looked in the CRPG forum and didn't see a thread. According to Garriott, SotA doesn't fall into the category of MMORPG, and he is credited with coining the term.

I agree, but tell that to Jaesun and DarkUnderlord.

BigWeather

Augur
So the first alpha is coming tomorrow. I ended up backing the project because my Ultima nostalgia made it impossible not to. Here's hoping it's interesting, at least. By the way, is this the closest we have to the main SotA thread? Hmmm, probably not since this is in News. What is the thread this sort of thing should be posted in? My search failed me. =/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So the first alpha is coming tomorrow. I ended up backing the project because my Ultima nostalgia made it impossible not to. Here's hoping it's interesting, at least. By the way, is this the closest we have to the main SotA thread? Hmmm, probably not since this is in News. What is the thread this sort of thing should be posted in? My search failed me. =/
I'm fully expecting shit, but hoping for Ultima with some silly side distractions. Let us know how it goes.

Discuss here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nded-its-an-mmo-single-player-game-wat.80957/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom