Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Note to Dumbass- Everyone loves Fallout.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
"The ending of the original Fallout. I won't spoil it, but it's probably the most powerful moment I've ever experienced in a game, or anywhere else for that matter." -Neumonic
Guess where this came from.
Gamespy daily.
Gamespy.
The ultimate in commercial PC nirvanas.
I am convinced that this game is much more popular than any kind of sells could report- its the My Big Fat Greek Wedding of PCGaming.
IF you marktet FO3, it will sell.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Well. I'd certainly buy it; but still doesn't mean it'll be a huge seller. I think the best thing to hope for would be a million copies which is fantastic, of course. Nothing to be ashamed of to be sure. But, that's the high end.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

Gamespy is no way near revelation to mass market. General casual gamers that make sales will rarely ever post on a game forum let alone visit different game sites.

I do agree Fallout 3 can sell well though. I believe also that the people should be apart of the marketing, since word of mouth is extremely powerful. That pretty much how GTA3 worked out, the casual gamers didn't even know what the hell it was, but then they heard from a friend about the gameplay features(ie. stealing cars and doing what you want) and then everone tells their friends and kaboom you got a seller. Then when some money start coming in you start making tons more advertisements and shitz to catch the rest of the cows. It seems that if a game has some cool feature it can make it a selling point it. Pretty much like NWN and how you can make your own RPGs with the toolset, it sold well even if we didn't like it. Those little FO jewel cases had sold pretty well by word of mouth about telling people what you can do in the game, but if the game doesn't sky rocket around the time it comes out it's generally considered a failure. BIS keeps saying that Fallout1/2 didn't sell that great, but I could never understand what they were talking about because those games seemed to do pretty well. I've never actually seen the total of them sold INcluding the jewel case bundle.

bleh, dont makes fun

Rager_Kaine

Novice
As much as I loved Fallout, I hope Interplay/BIS does not do another Fallout game. My reasoning is this:

1) The original designers who made Fallout great are no longer working at Interplay/BIS.
2) Interplay/BIS does not care about canon and story consistancy. This is evident in FOT and FOBOS.
3) The trends in CRPG design has geared more towards real time action based games, for the most part, which goes against the playing style of the original Fallout games.

If they do make a Fallout 3, it won't play, feel, or have the style of the original Fallout. Personally I don't want to play a game like that. I have no faith in Interplay/BIS to keep Fallout, well Fallout.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Rager_Kaine said:
As much as I loved Fallout, I hope Interplay/BIS does not do another Fallout game. My reasoning is this:

1) The original designers who made Fallout great are no longer working at Interplay/BIS.

Well, if IPLY was smart, they would contract them to make Fallout 3. I don't think there'd be too much argument about Troika making Fallout 3. There might be a few who mention Arcanum, but Arcanum's problems were all about the character system, really.

2) Interplay/BIS does not care about canon and story consistancy. This is evident in FOT and FOBOS.

And don't forget the Fallout Bible! :D

3) The trends in CRPG design has geared more towards real time action based games, for the most part, which goes against the playing style of the original Fallout games.

And one of the big problems is they follow trends rather than making them.

Rager_Kaine

Novice
Thats why I like Troika. Troika doesn't care about following, but leading. Though where they lead us might get us into trouble. :P

Interplay was downright stupid in not selling the Fallout 3 rights to Troika.

Rosh

Erudite
And please, when referring to the...console Fallout....it's:

F: POS
FO: POS
Fallout: Piece of Shit

Psilon

Erudite
It would be funny if all the press surrounding Enforcer causes a name change. Not to a non-Fallout title, of course, since that would be the sane thing to do, but rather to "Fallout Enforcer: Brotherhood of Steel." Hey, all publicity is good publicity, right? Don't want to confuse the easily-duped consumer!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Psilon said:
It would be funny if all the press surrounding Enforcer causes a name change. Not to a non-Fallout title, of course, since that would be the sane thing to do, but rather to "Fallout Enforcer: Brotherhood of Steel." Hey, all publicity is good publicity, right? Don't want to confuse the easily-duped consumer!

I've seen people on other sites now refer to it as Fallout Enforcer, so you just have to love how things catch on.

Rager_Kaine said:

If they do make a Fallout 3, it won't play, feel, or have the style of the original Fallout. Personally I don't want to play a game like that. I have no faith in Interplay/BIS to keep Fallout, well Fallout.

This is kind of funny, in retrospect.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Yeah, I was reading it about a hour ago and thought the same thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom