Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Oblivion - a game for Casual Joe

franc kaos

Liturgist
Drakron said:
Casual gamer:

http://www.casual-gamers.com/

Anyway ...

Its fanatism pure and simple.

Hardcore gamer?
http://www.cybermoonstudios.com/8bitDandD.html

Anyway, if I'm gonna be playing a medieval FPS I want location based damage, deformable scenerey and bloody climbable walls (and the walls round the city aint curving upwards, so that's just bullshit about the game engine not being suitable.

Does anybody know if the unarmoured skill is still in? And as for fanaticism, nothing beats my PC, and if it does I'll just upgrade (64 bit processor and no software for it - woohoo...)

tanjo

Novice
tanjo said:
I wonder how they're going to sell Fallout 3 to casual gamers. They're using the traditional LOTR atmosphere with Oblivion because casual gamers know that. I bet Fallout 3 has bullet time.

I'm bumping this, because 3 YEARS AGO I called out F3's cheap use of "bullet time" (the slow motion VATS shit (it's totally like bullet time)) to appeal to casualtards.

xuerebx

Erudite
I so hate the term 'casual gamers'. As if calling someone a casual gamer is derogatory, and you're some 'hardcore' gamer.

Anyway, I was disappointed with Oblivion, took away what I loved in the TES series. No matter, I still play Morrowind and sometimes Daggerfall.

Skankster

Novice
You should hate it. The Casual Gamer term has been the biggest excuse for companies to dumb things down for years now.

xuerebx

Erudite
It's a stupid word thats'all. It's used in a derogatory fashion and there's nothing insulting about it.

Melcar

Arcane
skyway said:
xuerebx said:
As if calling someone a casual gamer is derogatory, and you're some 'hardcore' gamer.

No - it just means that casual gamer is a retard and you're a normal person.

True. Games nowadays are being dumbed down so as to appeal to the "casual gamers" in order to maximize profits, and we all know that when they dumb down games/genres they end up being retarded. Therefore, retarded game = retarded person. It's all science.

Data4

Arcane
I suggest someone post a question on the TES forum asking who is a hardcore gamer. Most over there would probably identify themselves as such. The terms are purely subjective. Retardation cannot be constrained by a mere label.

xuerebx

Erudite
Don't know where to put this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEg1VXzV4Rs

I fucking love Gizmo. His skills are awesome.

[For those people who don't know who Giz is, he likes taking the piss off Fallout 3, by creating these videos. Like most of you he was disappointed with FO3].

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom