Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Oblivion Q&A at GamesFirst!

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I actually would not mind if it didn't come out until the end of this year or beginning of next. By then I will have been able to upgrade my system. ;)

asa

Novice
Volourn said:
That's right. Bethesda games have sold millions of copies so they have fired the ultra successful devs who led them to the Money Land and got a whole bunch of new ones.

I mean, can we all say

R00fles!?!

R00fles!

Kind of like how the Baltimore Ravens traded Trent Dilfer after he won them a superbowl?

Maybe Bethsoft took the windfall from Morrowind and realized they could hire better talent -- or some of the morrowind devs might have moved on to other shops where they could get more money. The point is it's entirely plausible that the design team is significantly different.

And unless I'm mistaken the games have different producers: Ashley Cheng for Morrowind and Gavin Carter for Oblivion.

But since logic is involved then perhaps you might not understand Volourn, I'm sure you'd rather continue making sweeping generalizations.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I'm sure you'd rather continue making sweeping generalizations."

Yes, I will.

Bethesda game suck. I have yet to read one bit of information to make me think otherwise.

And, no, fanboys like you are simply not enough.

My proof? Bethesda's track record of releasing crappy games.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Volourn said:
"I'm sure you'd rather continue making sweeping generalizations."

Yes, I will.

Bethesda game suck. I have yet to read one bit of information to make me think otherwise.

And, no, fanboys like you are simply not enough.

My proof? Bethesda's track record of releasing crappy games.

Bioware games suck. I have yet to read one bit of information to make me think otherwise.

And no, fanboys like you are simply not enough.

My proof? Bioware's track record of releasing crappy games.
:roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Bioware games suck. I have yet to read one bit of information to make me think otherwise.

And no, fanboys like you are simply not enough.

My proof? Bioware's track record of releasing crappy games."

And? The difference is that I'm not demanding you give the next BIO game a chance. if you don't like BIO games don't buy 'em. No skin off my back. At least I'm not having a seirsure over you not giving a BIo game a chance.

R00fles!

"Volourn = PWNED!!!"

Ahh.. You believe in slavery. You dor ealize that in the civilized part of the world and most people who at least pretend to be moral; slavery is banned and dissaproved of.

Also, I shall never be ANYONE's slave. Espicially to someone who drinks milk at some neutrlaized hotel.

R00fles Dejour!@

"The REAL Volourn"

LOL

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
"Espicially to someone who drinks milk at some neutrlaized hotel."

I'm not afraid to admit that I don't really know what they hell that means.

I thought that everyone in Kanada were slaves to jolly ol' England. Maybe I was just thinking that you guys were just slaves to shitty beer and hockey. Oh Well, God save the Queen and all of that jazz, Ted.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I drink beer maybe once a year.

I wish the Queen of England would elave us alone and I will NEVER bow to her pigface.

Hockey is cool; though.

I'm not religious.

And, Ted's not my real name.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
I drink beer maybe once a year.

I wish the Queen of England would elave us alone and I will NEVER bow to her pigface.

Hockey is cool; though.

I'm not religious.

And, Ted's not my real name.

Sure, Ted. Sure :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
It isn't. You may think so. It is the name I am called by; but it is not my given name hence it is not my real name. You will not find 'Ted' anywhere near my birth certififcate.

R00fles!

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Volourn said:
And? The difference is that I'm not demanding you give the next BIO game a chance. if you don't like BIO games don't buy 'em. No skin off my back. At least I'm not having a seirsure over you not giving a BIo game a chance.

It almost seems like your're doing the exact opposite thing for Bethesda/ES4. You keep repeating the same exact things in every bethesda thread you post in; "bethesda sucks, it's bethesda... the dialogue sucks, it's bethesda, combat will suck, it's bethesda... FO3 will suck, it's bethesda... Bethesda causes cancer, it's bethesda..."

I mean, I'm sure we all got the gist that you don't like bethesda games/ think everything they do will be shit. No need to sound like a broken record like doomsayer/vis or whatever the hell his name is.

But of cource, do whatever you want. It's just a bit annoying. :P

asa

Novice
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Volourn said:

It almost seems like your're doing the exact opposite thing for Bethesda/ES4. You keep repeating the same exact things in every bethesda thread you post in; "bethesda sucks, it's bethesda... the dialogue sucks, it's bethesda, combat will suck, it's bethesda... FO3 will suck, it's bethesda... Bethesda causes cancer, it's bethesda..."

I mean, I'm sure we all got the gist that you don't like bethesda games/ think everything they do will be shit. No need to sound like a broken record like doomsayer/vis or whatever the hell his name is.

But of cource, do whatever you want. It's just a bit annoying. :P

He's our resident Cassandra.

But to clarify, I'm not a Bethsoft fanboy; however, considering how few RPG developers are left, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, and reward their seeming willingness to listen to community suggestions with some civility.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
" Bethesda causes cancer "

Don't besmirch my name. I have not done that... yet.

"I mean, I'm sure we all got the gist that you don't like bethesda games/ think everything they do will be shit. No need to sound like a broken record like doomsayer/vis or whatever the hell his name is."

I wouldn't have to repeat myself if people wouldn't spam the following: 'Give 'em a chance', 'Betehsda rocks!", or as silly Asa writes below ' We are running out of game dvelopers so, by default, we should kiss their ass'.

R00fles!

"I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, and reward their seeming willingness to listen to community suggestions with some civility."

No. I could be the most polite being ever, and Betehsda would not listen to what I have to say. Why? Not because they are jerks. I think Bethedda ar elikely a group of fine human beings. The problem is they have a way they design games which I do not like; but they seem to be successful nontheless so they have absolutely no motivationwhat-so-ever to dvelop games for my enjoyment. In essence, my opinion simply doens't matter to them. Period.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Volourn said:
I wouldn't have to repeat myself if people wouldn't spam the following: 'Give 'em a chance', 'Betehsda rocks!", or as silly Asa writes below ' We are running out of game dvelopers so, by default, we should kiss their ass'.

"And? The difference is that I'm not demanding you give the next BIO game a chance. if you don't like BIO games don't buy 'em. No skin off my back. At least I'm not having a seirsure over you not giving a BIo game a chance."

So, if someone talks shit about Bioware, you don't care. But if someone praises, or even says to give the benefit of the doubt to bethesda, then you preach like a mantra about how their games will always suck? It's only skin off your back when someone says something good about bethesda?

Sounds hypocritical Theo.

" but they seem to be successful nontheless so they have absolutely no motivationwhat-so-ever to dvelop games for my enjoyment. In essence, my opinion simply doens't matter to them. Period."

Then why stay in these bethesda threads and whine then?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So, if someone talks shit about Bioware, you don't care."

It depends. if they make up myhts, rumours, and innuendo I'll sure post my disagreement; but I surely won't cry about it. If people hating on BIO *really* bothered me I'd have stopped posting here a long time ago.

"Then why stay in these bethesda threads and whine then?"

Because I'm not posting for Bethesda's benefit. I'lm trying to save others' a few dollars. And, besides, I have as much right to repeatedly say something sucks as you have the right to repeatedly say soemthing is greta or should be given a chance.

R00fles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I still think he's Anne Coulter!"

No. I am many things; but I am not scum like her. At least make me Britney Spears or something. At least she is HOT!

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
britneylollipop.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom