Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Oblivion Q&A at GamesFirst!

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Volourn said:
http://www.britneyspears.com/

That's the correct Spears. Take your cheated copy and go away.

That's the real her. If you don't believe it, you really are delusional. It's her where she doesn't have pounds of make-up on, where she hasn't had a personal trainer for months so she can look good for a photoshoot, it's her after she's had a diet of fast food.It's her after she hasn't done shit because she can live off her fortune. It's her without air-brush.

By the way, how old are you volourn?

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
britdonalds3.jpg

britkev_honeymoon.jpg

I bring the sex y'all

My personal favorites:

seizetheass2_large.jpg

seizetheass1_large.jpg

Puuure sex.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Other than the last pciture she is stillll farrr from ugly. But, hey, keep spinning your wheels.

asa

Novice
space captain said:
oh, and my guess is... 15.

Maybe a regressed 20 or so...

I'm thinking 30 something. It takes time to get that embittered.

But I'm glad he's stated his intention in thread crapping, to keep people from buying Bethsoft's games. I'm not sure I follow the logic here. Does he think that people would spend their money on bioware games instead?

Not that I ever figured out why rex shit all over troika.

Btw, that kowtowing was utterly pathetic rex. like a dog dragging his ass in the dirt.

Spazmo

Erudite
asa said:
Btw, that kowtowing was utterly pathetic rex. like a dog dragging his ass in the dirt.

Don't sweat it, he'll have changed his mind and be ranting and raving against whatever it was by this time next week.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I am 1 years old, people. Get with the program.

"Does he think that people would spend their money on bioware games instead?"

I don't care either way. BIo isn't that important to me. I don't even buy every BIO game, and I sure as heck haven't even bought their silly 'over the net' mods.

Bah.

crpgnut

Augur
In a valiant attempt to make this thread on-topic again:

MSFD, since your game was so heavily modded by the community, were there things that they did that made Bethesda take note?

I know that the game was heavily improved graphically but this was done later and systems could now handle the heavier load. Has any scripting or coding been done by the community that made you guys sit back and just say WOW?

BTW I have never scripted, coded, or drawn anything for Morrowind. I just play it :) I have written several short stories based on my characters in the game, but only for my own entertainment.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
crpgnut said:
I know that the game was heavily improved graphically but this was done later and systems could now handle the heavier load. Has any scripting or coding been done by the community that made you guys sit back and just say WOW?

Oh definitely. One mod that jumps to mind was the Chess mod. Someone actually made a functional chess game. Pretty impressive bit of scripting. I also thought the McAsmod Werewolf mod was well done. And tools like the FPS optimizer and some of the .esp file management tools were pretty cool as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what folks come up with using the new TESCS. It's a lot more powerful. As someone mentioned in one of the interviews, there are features that'll make things like the Tamriel Rebuilt project much easier to manage. New tools, easier to manage quests, much more flexible and powerful dialogue (with built-in voice recording and automatic lip synch data generation), additional script functionality, etc. Lots of improvements.

Ekodas

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Btw, wasn't it supposed to be developed for next-gen consoles? In that case, it would probably be released around the same time. When is xbox2 (or whatever it will be called) expected?

It should be available at the end of 2005 (somewhere between october and december). It's quite a safe guess, but it's not sure 100% though.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Ekodas said:
Vault Dweller said:
Btw, wasn't it supposed to be developed for next-gen consoles? In that case, it would probably be released around the same time. When is xbox2 (or whatever it will be called) expected?

It should be available at the end of 2005 (somewhere between october and december). It's quite a safe guess, but it's not sure 100% though.

That would be great! I am planning on getting a new computer this fall, so I should be able to run this game. If they fix the dialogue and that Radiant AI turns out as good as they say it is, this might be a decent game.

I hope that we will have some more info on Fallout 3 by the time this thing comes out? If they screw up FO3, I might have to boycott Oblivion.

Ekodas

Novice
The Xbox 2 should be out by the end of 2005, I don't know about Oblivion ;)

But yes, I'd love to try this game before 2006 - this newsbit about a complete revamp of the dialog system is actually good news !

crpgnut

Augur
Release Date

Geeze, I know nothing at all about what time Oblivion will get released but it seems like 2005 would be a pipe dream. There's just not enough time left to finish such a huge product so quickly. I could be wrong but past experience with Bethesda leads me to think that we're talking Q2 2006. They're not going to rush the game out. Morrowind was pretty stable, considering its vast scope. Oblivion is even bigger and MUCH more fleshed out. Its going to take some serious time to QA such a monster. I'll be happy to wait. I want them to make it the best they possibly can.

In the meantime, I'm making my way through Yendorain Tales Book 1: Chapter Two.
Is that a long title or what?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
They have been working on it for quite some time already, I understand. It was just announced this summer though. Its not always about time, remember, its about man hours. I don't know how many people Beth has working on this, though.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
They might rush it out in a buggy mess. Then the game won't sell and Bethesda will be forced to fold.

I can see Ex's posts now:

BETHESDA = PWNED!!!!

No Free Rides, Bethesda!!! NO FREE RIDES!!!

Stark

Liturgist
Country_Gravy said:
BETHESDA = PWNED!!!!

No Free Rides, Bethesda!!! NO FREE RIDES!!!

slight correction:

properly, it's:

No More Free Rides, Bethesda!!! NO MORE FREE RIDES!!! LOL11!!!

Saran

Scholar
What the hell is that on britneys face?

I never liked her but christ, i didnt know that she was such a skank that after giving her boyfriend a blowjob she uses his spunk as a moisteriser.

As for oblivion, i cant wait, i actually liked the "Wikipedia" like dialog system, it didnt put words into my characters mouth, though i admit that if you take away the beautifull world and the differences in culture/design between the various factions the game would feel a bit hollow.

The only worrys i have is the fact that it looks like you cant attack when your on horseback (If true, its fucking retarded, whats the point?) and the 1000 npc count, after all this is the capital of the empire we are talking about here, i would have thought that the first thing the devs would do is incorporate some sort of random npc generator for the streets so that as you walk threw the streets you fell as if your in real city, not the glorified villages of morrowind.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's probably some kind of face cream.

I don't know how you liked the "Wikipedia" dialogue system, though. It didn't allow for much interactivity and dialogue often only consisted of clicking on all the choices on the list until your character discovered something tangible.

though i admit that if you take away the beautifull world and the differences in culture/design between the various factions the game would feel a bit hollow.
If you took away the characters and half the words in a Terry Pratchett novel, the plot would feel a bit hollow. I'm not in the habit of having hypothetical arguments so neither should you.

The only worrys i have is the fact that it looks like you cant attack when your on horseback (If true, its fucking retarded, whats the point?)
The mount is a form of transport. That is exactly the point, and the only point on why it's in the game. I fail to discern how any of that could in any way be perceived as 'fucking retarded' considering that walking from point A to point B could very well take an inordinate amount of time which players are not willing to spend.

and the 1000 npc count, after all this is the capital of the empire we are talking about here
So? 1000 very detailed and unique NPCs is certainly preferrable to the 10,000 clones with their fetch quests in Daggerfall.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Exitium said:
So? 1000 very detailed and unique NPCs is certainly preferrable to the 10,000 clones with their fetch quests in Daggerfall.

You need to play Daggerfall so you can see just how much this statement is wrong. First, there was no city in Daggerfall with 1000 npcs. Maybe 100 at the most. And that's counting the main NPCs (royalty, story, shopkeepers, and guild members), which were the only quest givers in the game, btw. The run of the mill filler was only there to give you directions and info on history and such. Nothing wrong with that. Sure as hell beat walking into a major capital only to have it look like a ghost town.

triCritical

Erudite
I am a little bit skeptical out random adventurer NPC's will work without scripting. Afterall there is no way the application/game/program will be running all the calculations for all NPC schedules, with the exception of the ones in the nearby vicinity. However, how can a truly ~random~ adventuring party go from dungeon to dungeon, if their schedules are not being propagated all the time? You know what I mean? I do a lot of similutation stuff so I am actually curious to know. The only thing I can think of is that adventurers or parties, don't really follow schedules but are just initialized and created for a particular dungeon, which is a lot different. Its not like there is another famous adventurer out there, competing with you.

OTAKU: WTF IS THAT ????

all I know is that I want to pet it:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom