Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian and inXile acquired by Microsoft

Sykar

Arcane
I think there is a lot MCA doesn't tell us.

Ask whatever you wish, I think the only reason I enter this forum is b/c you actually ask questions (which is rare vs. assumptions) - and sometimes, it's easy for me to forget computer game economics/development may not be transparent to people who follow it.

And it's not limited to here, but....

...always happy to answer/advise/help, although advise/help advice may only be helpful to anyone wanting to enter the industry. Anything else I could offer would solely be in the interests of providing perspective.

Is there a game which you worked on you wish you could remake or rewrite with modern engines, tools and bigger team plus a bigger budget? Just curious.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Not watching myself, but I'm seeing people saying it's "announcements" with an 's'.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Umm, why are those retards in the crowd waving their hands for no reason?

Also, these people are even more pathetic than the usual crowd, jizzing all over themselves for every announcement. Final Fantasy VII on xbox, jeez, I guess I'm jerking out on it right now!

MilesBeyond

Cipher
Every day, Microsoft acquisitions can affect up to one quarter of the population. If you or someone you know has been acquired by Microsoft, there is hope. For every Doggy react you give this post, I will in turn donate one Money to Charity.

Quillon

Arcane

Also, these people are even more pathetic than the usual crowd, jizzing all over themselves for every announcement. Final Fantasy VII on xbox, jeez, I guess I'm jerking out on it right now!

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Maybe because clapping might trigger someone? JAZZ HANDS!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

So damn annoying.

Quillon

Arcane

So damn annoying.

I didn't know Mexico was a monkey kingdom, this is so damn cool!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
This DMC thing is endless.

Edit: I was wrong. It ended. Now, cats and pandas. WTF.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
This conference is making me reconsider whether acquisition by MS will damage Obsidian's already shaky rep even further.

The Real Fanboy
Cats and pandas video was cute !!! BTW right before the show an insider named Matt (don't know if its Matt Booty or what) said the two new studios are both similar to each other!!! Both roleplaying studios or both computer PC studios? Obsidian and Larian? Sorry I can't find the tweet but they're talking about it on the Resetera Microsoft thread! Ok gotta get back to discord, but my hype is totally restored and I thought you'd all love to know the rumor since you all love gossip and drama so much!

bye

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom