Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian can't deliver, so Aliens RPG goes elsewhere?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
janjetina said:
This section should be renamed to "RPG Codex news and rumors comments", as this a piece of "news" is just a rumor written by a nobody on an irrelevant blog.

Conversly, rumor is all wall street is about, hence he'd better STFU.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Variety ain't no nobody.

MLMarkland said:
Take your libel (or slander, I'm not up on Internet forum defamation case law) elsewhere.

I didn't think anyone was taking Arcanoix' infinity of sources and bs seriously anyway, man.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Obsidian probably won't handle Alpha either. They should get back to recycling Bioware bits, hopefully getting a chance to include a great story in one.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Liberal said:
Obsidian probably won't handle Alpha either. They should get back to recycling Bioware bits, hopefully getting a chance to include a great story in one.

Alpha Protocol is recycling Bioware bits.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
skyway, how many more times must you remind us how much you despise Obsidian and their "Bioware" games? We fucking know already, stop repeating the same thing over and over and over.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
tbootsnx2.png

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Skyway - 6076 posts in 20 months. A stunning 300 posts a month. That is 10 skyway posts you see everyday. Most ubiquitious Codexer. :salute:

Without him, what is the Codex?

Araanor

Liturgist
I remember this time Sawyer was leaving the Internet forever.

He was back a few days later.

Smarts

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:
Skyway - 6076 posts in 20 months. A stunning 300 posts a month. That is 10 skyway posts you see everyday.

And every single one the same!

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Wyrmlord said:
Skyway - 6076 posts in 20 months. A stunning 300 posts a month. That is 10 skyway posts you see everyday.
But he is recycling bits from his previous posts.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Helton said:
Dear Mr. Sawyer, You don't know who I am but I know who you are and I know what you done. You had sex with my mother and then you stole my dad's money all away. So he got angry and he killed my mother and then he killed himself, too. All I know is your name. But one of these days I'm going to find you and I'm going to give you this letter so you'll remember what you done to me. You killed my parents, Mr. Sawyer.

Unfortunately, this part is true.

Shannow

Waster of Time
MLMarkland said:
Helton said:
Dear Mr. Sawyer, You don't know who I am but I know who you are and I know what you done. You had sex with my mother and then you stole my dad's money all away. So he got angry and he killed my mother and then he killed himself, too. All I know is your name. But one of these days I'm going to find you and I'm going to give you this letter so you'll remember what you done to me. You killed my parents, Mr. Sawyer.

Unfortunately, this part is true.
Backwater hick probably Lost his mind painting fences.

Tigranes

Arcane
One day, skyway will usurp Volourn, and we will all be poorer for it.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Helton said:
And then you should say:
''My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.''

On topic. What's the fuss about the game that has never happened even theoretically and now it turns out it never happened even meatatheoretically? Baww, i say.

Another shitty newspost. :x

Shoelip

Arbiter
Gnidrologist said:
Helton said:
And then you should say:
''My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.''

On topic. What's the fuss about the game that has never happened even theoretically and now it turns out it never happened even meatatheoretically? Baww, i say.

Another shitty newspost. :x

You fail because you forgot the first word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3W5GDkgf2w

Foamhead

Educated
skyway said:
I'm just as sick as you are of all those Bioware spy thrilers too! :roll:

Fat Dragon said:
skyway, how many more times must you remind us how much you despise Obsidian and their "Bioware" games? We fucking know already, stop repeating the same thing over and over and over.

Thank Christ I am not the only one who feels this way. Sometimes people on the codex restore my optimism.

BloodyPuppy

Scholar
Foamhead said:
skyway said:

Fat Dragon said:

Thank Christ I am not the only one who feels this way. Sometimes people on the codex restore my optimism.

Clearly we're doing something wrong here.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Foamhead said:
skyway said:
Well where else you will see the retarded "dialogue wheel" aka you don't know what PC will say so it will help us railroad you easily, same looking stereotypical alpha male who acts all cool and bangs chicks, "cinematic" camera positions where shoulder covers half of the screen and infinite bullets! Except this time it will happen on Earth and not in space! Yay! That means Obsidian has an unique original IP, no matter that it looks just like Mass Effect.
However in Alpha Protocol, unlike Mass Effect, you won't be able to pick any weapon for some reason. And that's in an action game.
Alpha Protocol is so original and different from ME mechanics that Obsidian even went for the same engine.

Tigranes

Arcane
Well where else you will see the retarded "dialogue wheel" aka you don't know what PC will say so it will help us railroad you easily, same looking stereotypical alpha male who acts all cool and bangs chicks, "cinematic" camera positions where shoulder covers half of the screen and infinite bullets!

We have seen / will see that in a lot more than Bioware games. (Hell, I remember timed dialogue wheels in some game a fwe years ago, was it Fahrenheit?)

Alpha Protocol is so original and different from ME mechanics that Obsidian even went for the same engine.

Civ 4 is totally a clone of Oblivion. Fuck shit fuck!

Please submit real complaints next time. How about you focus on infinite bullets? Can't go wrong there, it's a load of crap.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tigranes said:
We have seen / will see that in a lot more than Bioware games. (Hell, I remember timed dialogue wheels in some game a fwe years ago, was it Fahrenheit?)
One game is A LOT MORE! Wow. The fact is - AP copies visual style and mechanics of ME, not Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit didn't have dialogue wheels btw. Which doesn't make the same looking thing in Fahrenheit any less bad and linear.

Civ 4 is totally a clone of Oblivion. Fuck shit fuck!
My god you totally nailed that comparison in response there!
I bet Civ4 also has twitchy action gameplay of Oblivion just like AP has the same take-cover-shoot boredom of GoW and... ME (oh snap!)

Please submit real complaints next time. How about you focus on infinite bullets? Can't go wrong there, it's a load of crap.
No how about you stop being a blind fanboi of Obsidian and stop bawwwing when I point at actual similarities and how Obsidian constantly copies Bioware.
I bet it will be harder to find differences between AP and ME than similarities (besides plot-related of course - then again plot was different in NWN2 and KotOR2)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom