Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian teasing game reveal at The Game Awards

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The problem with Alpha Protocol was its core gameplay. What were you doing in the game 90% of the time was boring, repetitive, simply not fun. So while it did have interesting characters and sometimes great writing, I wouldn't call it 'flawed gem', it was a poor game.

Arcanum and Bloodlines, on the other hand, were very fun to play (if you are RPG lover of course), so the definition 'flawed gem' is more applicable to them, especially for Bloodlines (which could have been a perfect game, if it was finished).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To some extent I agree with him. I'm tired of every CRPG being an overly ambitious, broken mess. I'd rather have an unambitious, polished RPG as long as it nails the basic design principles.

That's why Expeditions: Vikings is my favorite CRPG of the renaissance. It's smooth to play, everything works the way it's supposed to, and while the combat and writing aren't revolutionary, they're well executed.

Hmmm, you might be unaware that Expeditions: Viking was actually quite broken on release, which contributed to it being overlooked by Codexers (though of course given the reception of PF:K it couldn't have been the primary reason)

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Arcanum and Bloodlines, on the other hand, were very fun to play
I take it you took them for a spin after the first round of patches. Bloodlines is still a mess without the Community Patch, and Arcanum took years to make playable.

I'm not discounting your personal experience -- and more power to you if you can find enjoyment in flawed products -- but most codexians are contrarian faggots just for the sake of it. Jacking off to niche products because they're not mainstream is the definition of faggotry. They laugh at tumblerites and SJWs, but drop their pants and bend over at the first sign of a new release from developers who deserve a kick to the face, not monetary rewards. Yet there's this cult of slavish obedience to the Gods of Ineptitude that are the modern CRPG devhouses.

Complexity for its own sake is mental masturbation. A game should be polished and well made before any of its systems can shine.

Again, personal preferences aside, no product is made better for its flaws.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Arcanum took years to make playable.

Retarded shit. Arcanum is perfectly playable with just the last official patch.
It's still very buggy, of course, but since when the fuck does playable equal flawless?

but most codexians are contrarian faggots just for the sake of it

Comes in and rages about a group of people who he says all think the same... and it's still those people that are the contrarians. :lol:

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Keyword 'last', you irredeemable cretin. It wasn't the 'last' back when the game first came out.

and it's still those people that are the contrarians.
I bet you fondle yourself at night thinking how sophisticated you are by playing 3rd-rate garbage regurgitated from the maw of fat landwhales and californian soyboys.

Carry on, dunce! :lol:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
What is it with you and that word?
Nothing specific, English isn't my second language. Just best describes the weird angle you seem to have with all your arguments. Intimidated, by areas of the field you don't get, or which are underdeveloped, wherever you are - or aren't lol.
Are you autistic? I mean that as a serious question, because only an autist would crusade for the inclusion of a ruleset which was made to ease computation and allow it to be carried out by people with a few dice around a table.
No. Are you? (already established you're a poof) You just don't seem to understand or have played anything at length to understand the point of the comparison I was making.
I don't work in game dev, and I don't have a game. Stop with the assumptions already
Right. Nothing oddly specific about your posts.
I stand by my point: you're a cuck. +M

We know you love thinking about cucks and lining up to eat wang.

Stop scoring own-goals, it's not winning.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Bloodlines, on the other hand, were very fun to play (if you are RPG lover of course), so the definition 'flawed gem' is more applicable to them, especially for Bloodlines (which could have been a perfect game, if it was finished).
Everything from Chinatown and afterwards was way worse gameplay-wise than anything in Alpha Protocol.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Right. Nothing oddly specific about your posts.
I honestly wish I worked at Obsidian. Easy paycheck for no-brain work that never passes quality assurance. What's not to love? :lol:

Stop scoring own-goals, it's not winning.
You know, I think I have to update that age-old passage:

"Thank you, Dear Lord, for making me a man... instead of a jew, a woman, or Junmarko!"

:positive:

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Hmmm, you might be unaware that Expeditions: Viking was actually quite broken on release, which contributed to it being overlooked by Codexers (though of course given the reception of PF:K it couldn't have been the primary reason)

It was bug free when I played it a month ago. Not even a single glitch.

Last edited:
Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy

It was bug free when I played it a month ago. Not so much as a single glitch in my entire playthrough.

Some of you really do suffer from mental retaradation.

God be with you, my children!

:flamesaw:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
If you think the games are trash then don't play them, retard. An industry of this size yet you single out one developer?
Be a better man than some of the morons here who cry about Bethesda/Bioware games but still shill out $60 for releases or even waste the bandwidth pirating their games.

There are plenty of developers more worthy of your time and money.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Judging by the responses in this thread, the Codex should be renamed into 'Obsidian's Main Bitch'.

But if Obsidian is made up of Biobitches (or Biorejects, as Ferg calls them), then does that mean the Codex is Bioware's bottom bitch simply through association?

:0-13:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How retarded do you have to be to think this is a forum that loves Obsidian and gobbles up everything they release? When it comes to contempt for Obsidian this place is ground zero.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Keyword 'last', you irredeemable cretin. It wasn't the 'last' back when the game first came out.

It didn't take years for the official patch to be released, you fucking subhuman. Here's another thing moron: I played it on release with no patch. Guess what? It was playable.

You're just regurgitating some retarded shit you've read somewhere. Durr gaame had fan patches that means it was unplayable.

My bet is that you have no clue what you're talking about. Probably just another retard butthurt by the Codex for some reason. Which game didn't the Codex like that you love? Come on, where did the mean contrarians on the Codex hurt you?

I bet you fondle yourself at night thinking how sophisticated you are by playing 3rd-rate garbage regurgitated from the maw of fat landwhales and californian soyboys.

Carry on, dunce! :lol:

Wow, those are some shitty try-hard insults.

But yes, in fact I am more sophisticated than you and judging by the retarded idiocies you're spewing and how clueless you are about everything related to games.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
If you think the games are trash then don't play them, retard.
Haven't bough a game in years. I pirate everything, and buy if I think the devs deserve my money. Pirated Underrail, Serpent in the Staglands, etc.,... bought both the next day. Then I had a short period of temporary insanity and bought D:OS2 without play-testing it first, and regretted it as soon as I hit Fort Joy. It fascinates me to no end how people still give their hard-earned money to failed companies like Obsidian and Inexile (Larian I don't hate nearly as much since their games aren't my cup of tea... but their hiring practices leave much to be desired).

There are plenty of developers more worthy of your time and money.
Yup. I recently got the Battle Brothers DLC, and Underrail's upcoming x-pack is a day-1 purchase as well.

Fuck the haters. And the american game industry.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I honestly wish I worked at Obsidian. Easy paycheck for no-brain work that never passes quality assurance. What's not to love?
Games on release from Obsidian have been pretty well polished since Pillars. Patches they put out these days seem focused on balance and new features, over game-breaking bugs - which is what they were known for. So by today's standards, you're talking shit.
God be with you, my children!
Off to create another account? :lol:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I doubt it is isometric, if it is third person or first person, then it is an AA to AAA game, don't think Leonard Boyarsky would leave Blizzard to make some little indie game, seems to be a sci-fi game, what is interesting as fantasy isn't exactly an under represented genre. Will be a shooter? A cover shooter? Hope not a cover based shooter, based on the advertisement style, seems like a retro styled art style.

Open world? Will have ships? Dunno... Space ship games are kinda popular on the last few years and there isn't alot of competition on that niche so far, make sense as an Elite kind of game wouldn't be too much of a huge project. If it has a ship on it, can you leave it? No Man Sky with actual content? Hope they aren't using procedural generation.

The name Outer Worlds imply space exploration but the gun advertisement imply that regular shooting will be a major thing. I hope it isn't Obsidian's take on the Bioshock formula. I doubt it would be a complex System Shock style of game and I don't need another Bioshock. I hope it isn't a looter shooter too.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
It didn't take years for the official patch to be released, you fucking subhuman. Here's another thing moron: I played it on release with no patch. Guess what? It was playable.
No it wasn't you shit-spewing nigger. And there were some system configs it failed to boot and run. Just because you have a hard-on for garbage doesn't mean it's justified. Cretin.

Durr gaame had fan patches that means it was unplayable.
It was unplayable, shit-for-brains! And it wasn't a finished product before the fan patches ironed out all the abominable garbage and made the game run like it was supposed to, FROM START TO FINISH WITHOUT CRASHING. You're the one making shit up just to prove a point! And you'd know all of this if you'd spent time on the CoE forums. Content patches aside, the amount of bugs that volunteers fixed would make a Fallout 3 modder blush in shame.

Probably just another retard butthurt by the Codex for some reason.
Implying this dump registers on my radar enough for me to care about it apart from RPG discussion. You probably live in a trailer park somewhere south of Dixie if you put this much vitriol into online discussion. God knows Uncle Sam pays the bills, amirite?

Wow, those are some shitty try-hard insults.
Who the everloving fuck uses 'tryhard' anyway? Nigger, this ain't Reddit, shut the fuck up and go neck yourself you worthless shitsack. Retarded sheep like you are the reason nothing works in the world, because you reward the unworthy with money and effort. Look at you, defending a shit product decades down the line, getting worked up into a frenzy! Holy tits on a chicken, not even Tim Cain sucks this much cock, and he's a full-blown ass-loving FAGGOT! :lol::lol::lol::lol::o

Do the entire world a favor and eat a 9mm round. Retards like you would be sterilized at birth if I had my way.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How retarded do you have to be to think this is a forum that loves Obsidian and gobbles up everything they release? When it comes to contempt for Obsidian this place is ground zero.
It's an unhealthy relationship. As far as I know, the Codex remains the #1 source of Tyranny discussion on the internet.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's an unhealthy relationship. As far as I know, the Codex remains the #1 source of Tyranny discussion on the internet.

What the fuck happened with paul kirsh his work on tyranny was rock solid but his work on deadfire was ushering in faggotry and cringe...

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Underrail is from a Euro dev, you worthless parasite.
Are you daft? Stupid? Lack reading comprehension?

Styg's from Serbia - a balkan shithole not far from where I live. Hence my comment: fuck the american game industry.

I bought Underrail, just like I bought Serpent and Starsector and Kingmaker and Thronebreaker and a dozen other titles.

You go ahead and keep giving money to Failsidian, so they can hire more neon-haired commissars.

Dumbfuck.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I doubt it is isometric, if it is third person or first person, then it is an AA to AAA game, don't think Leonard Boyarsky would leave Blizzard to make some little indie game, seems to be a sci-fi game, what is interesting as fantasy isn't exactly an under represented genre. Will be a shooter? A cover shooter? Hope not a cover based shooter, based on the advertisement style, seems like a retro styled art style.

Open world? Will have ships? Dunno... Space ship games are kinda popular on the last few years and there isn't alot of competition on that niche so far, make sense as an Elite kind of game wouldn't be too much of a huge project. If it has a ship on it, can you leave it? No Man Sky with actual content? Hope they aren't using procedural generation.

The name Outer Worlds imply space exploration but the gun advertisement imply that regular shooting will be a major thing. I hope it isn't Obsidian's take on the Bioshock formula. I doubt it would be a complex System Shock style of game and I don't need another Bioshock. I hope it isn't a looter shooter too.

Yeah. I don't think is will be isometric.

Black

Arcane
Judging by the responses in this thread, the Codex should be renamed into 'Obsidian's Main Bitch'.
You are clearly retarded. The love for Obsidian around Codex is laughably lacking and for good reasons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom