Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Nigro

Educated
You know I am right, though.

:smug:

Enjoy your popamole. Only a matter of time now before they reveal their cover mechanics -a first in a RTwP RPG!
hahah
I think you are over reacting man, those guys know what they are doing, they just aren't releasing much info because they don't want to scare away many people, yeah sure people here in codex are easily scared, but they are a minority...and people selling things can't really pander to a specific minority, because that would make the reddit crowd and all get annoyed, but if its the LGBT minority that's ok I guess, liberal and LGBT agenda are always welcome

MCA
15612.jpg

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
That pretty much seals the deal. Lack of rounds + mention of abilities in a time-bound context + what Tim Cain said about actions becoming available to perform = twitchfest next gen shit complete with KOOL-downs for the next gen kids. There is no mistaking it.

Actualy, rounds in RTwP is pretty stupid, and so are you if you can't realize that.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
If I get another MOTB I'll be happy.

Well, then I'd say you don't have very high expectations.

But, regardless, if they can do MotB with publishers, then... what's the benefit of going without publishers?

So what can Obsidian do without publishers? Just the same thing they can do with them? "Just as good as MotB" confirmed as the new excuse for Obsidian when they release their next piece of shit.

They could do MOTB with a publisher because it was an expansion pack. Not a full game.

The same reason they were allowed to experiment more with the F:NV DLC's and the DSIII: DLC than with the full game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I will have a total meltdown thanks to villain of the story 's retardnes and negativity and mading shit up because I know everything about a game that it is still in preproduction attitude.
:rage: :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:v

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am glad the Codex is here to tell me to hate and not care about games about which we know absolutely nothing about.

DraQ

Arcane
We are designing a class-based system because we want the different characters in your party to fill different roles, and classes are the best way to achieve this goal.

What a load of bullshit. No it's not. A "role" is a meeting point of abilities.

(...)
In a skill-based game, it's harder to tell if a companion gives you the skills you are looking for, especially before you recruit them. In a class-based game, you know what each class can do, so you can decide that you want a particular class even before a potential companion offers to join you.

More bullshit.
It is indeed bullshit.

It's not like it takes any effort to add dialogue for asking "what are you good at, chap?".
FO2 had it.
Hell, even Skyrim mods have it.
That pretty much seals the deal. Lack of rounds + mention of abilities in a time-bound context + what Tim Cain said about actions becoming available to perform = twitchfest next gen shit complete with KOOL-downs for the next gen kids. There is no mistaking it.

I WANT TO STAB/CAST INFINITY TIMES PER SECOND.
:retarded:

:what:
vots, the dumbfuckening.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I kinda like the phrase "KOOL downs". It should become official Codex terminology.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Why are the devs wasting so much time of Formspring, Twater and other sites?
Don't they have enough confidence in their own vision of the game?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You call it wasting time, they call it engaging the community (which helps bring more pledges)

octavius

Arcane
Patron

You call it wasting time, they call it engaging the community (which helps bring more pledges)

Well, if it brings in more pledges I guess it's worth it. Sometimes I forget that it's not only the evil publishers that are businessmen.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter

Not exactly. Sure it helps, but they did it before.(Even more, though they couldn't talk directly about their games for NDA reasons.)

They like being in contact with their audience. They like being asked questions. That simple.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Those answers don't really fill me with confidence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom