Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

MCA
I'm not a dogmatic subhuman scum who settles with the first thing to swing by his direction and content with the first buzz of near-thought cerebral activity so I'll ask anyway: tell me what is my verdict of PE? I'm most curious myself.

Okay, I'll indulge you for one post:

"Real-CRAP with Pause & KOOLaids-downs w/ level-scaling in FUCKED-UP angles"

I was referring to your signature.

I didn't know that stating the truth was a verdict of sorts.

Is the game RTwP? It is.
Is RTwP still in the mainstream? It is.
Is RTwP full of suck? It is.
Will it have cool-downs? It will.
Is cool-downs full of suck? They are.
Is level-scaling confirmed? Yes, it is.
Does the first screenshot have a suboptimal angle for tactical combat in RTwP? Yes, it does.

I don't see a verdict here. But I have some other predictions that you might call "verdict":

I never contested whether the game will be good. It will quite likely have a good number of good qualities that I will enjoy and rate the game highly. Maybe it will even land in my top 10. Who knows?

And if you follow my "predictions" thread, also in my sign, you can dig out my initial pre-KS verdict some of which have changed since then:

*Horribly broken and unbalanced character system
*Shitty grinder with few other opportunities as an afterthought
*Verdict: Banal Shit Boring
*An unfinished mess of bugs

Seems I was right not to bother since you prefer to throw a tantrum like a 12 year old when someone disagrees. So much for intelligent debate eh? By the way I also backed Wasteland 2, and I have nothing against turn-based or old school games, I started out with a CPC64 in the 1980s.

Oh teh Irony.

R00FLES!

Next time, do a reality check and ask yourself: "am I practicing blind-faith?"

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
Oh my, that fellow does indeed seem clueless. I don't know about you, fellow degenerates, but I could recite you the perfect cookie-cutter party build in a blink of an eye after being violently woken in the middle of a night. And I haven't touched an IE game in 8 years.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IWD2 I think benefited from being released after NWN - NWN taught you how to generate a single 3E character, making the creation of a full party in IWD2 a bit less overwhelming.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The hardest part of IWD 2 party creation is remembering what skills are useful in various parts of the game.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I love character creation, and this is massively entertaining. In a train-wreck sort of way. I wish him all the best. :salute:

Well, it's not like it's that difficult of a game. And he pussied out and plays on normal. Though if it takes this long to do the characters he probably won't go past the first chapter in a day.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Whoa, he's still generating the party? :lol:

I hope it's because he's trying to get perfect scores or something

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
I love character creation, and this is massively entertaining. In a train-wreck sort of way. I wish him all the best.

Actualy it's not entertaining...... it's like he don't know what he is doing.It's like he never played an infinity engine game before.
In iwd i'd create my party in 5 mins max. It's baldurs gate 1 with the best party creation, because to get some stats you would have to reroll over and over. To get 18/00 on warrior i would spend an hour just clicking and rerolling, that is dedication, not mentioning that on every reroll you would also get random number of points so you coulnd't min-max.

Later on they dumbed down char creation and you would have set number of points from the start and no going above 18.

It's painfull to watch him for a proper char creator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom