Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
He's bashing open barrels. This brings back so many memories :lol:

MCA
Hey vots what do you really think about this game. Your 327 posts in this thread have been very non-committal. You really need to make a stand either for or against.

I never contested whether the game will be good. It will quite likely have a good number of good qualities that I will enjoy and rate the game highly. Maybe it will even land in my top 10. Who knows? I have only been saying that it will also have a number of features that I despise and that it is kind of sad that a low budget indie DA:O in a setting that will be an underrealised derivative of Forgotten Realms is what they go back crawling to when left to their own devices with complete creative freedom. I guess they have been stuck far too long in their comfort zone to try something different or more likely, they are just this banal.

And I have absolutely no inclination to support shit like that. I've had enough Crap Time with Pause and fucking elves to last several fucking lives, even if it is otherwise a brilliant game.

As long as it's a good game, I'll pick it up during a GOG/Steam discount.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Fighting the barrels reminds me of doing the same on Heart of Fury which actually boosted up the HP of barrels as well. :lol:

Captain Shrek

After hatin' on Josh Sawyer all month, the "Project Eternity Hate Squad" has found a new scapegoat.
Don't get so excited right away. It just means we have found TWO.

Also: this is constructive criticism ADAM and JOSH. To say that Codex is built on hate is only half way there. Codex is built on hate for popamole.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Adam is doing a good job and the show is quite entertaining. And he doesn't actually 'suck' at playing the game. He spent a lot of time on character creation because it is a good way to introduce the character system to the new players and to invoke nostalgia in those how played IWD 2 and remembers it well.

LOL, I remember when I first played IWD. I didn't actually know anything about D&D, but managed to get as far as the Dorn's Deep. Man, it was something... Compared to me at that time, Adam is a pro.

MCA
Considering it's Obsidian, he probably helps out with various things but saying that since he hasn't played IWD2 in 8 years and doesn't breeze through char gen and tutorial, means that PE will automatically suck is just so retarded on a massive level, I can't really even understand it.

Never said that PE will suck just because of so and so. Just saying that I doubt it is a good thing for the project. And come on, this is Obsidian we are talking about. Self-admittedly horrible project management skills and renowned for unfinished games.

But maybe the reason why in the past was because project managers were too involved and attached so maybe bringing a relatively detached person as Adam "fuck D3 whiners" Brennecke is the right thing to do. Besides, I'm not even saying that the game will suck. See previous post.

Besides, it's obvious he's trying to entertain people watching this.

Non-designer jovial people always leave a bad impression on me. Probably because they often befriend everyone to enable their machinations of corruption in games industry.

pitchford.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, he's narrating the dialogue with accents. Is this a Let's Play?

kris

Arcane
Ironic, considering half the Codex is butthurt because of my righteous rants and then go on to make misinformed attacks made on me due to the butthurt.

Free entertainment :smug:

Its just that you spend a copious amount of time trying to tell people to not like what they like. I am sure you have established that you don't like RtwP and some other things about this project. yet you pop in to remind people again. While the "half of the codex" don't really show themselves to be butthurt, so far that half seems instead to be pretty pleased about getting what they want.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Even excluding PayPal it has now past Wasteland 2's final 2,933,252. Not sure what WL2's KS and Paypal total was however.

Captain Shrek

Even excluding PayPal it has now past Wasteland 2's final 2,933,252. Not sure what WL2's KS and Paypal total was however.
I am hoping that it will SURPASS 3.5 by next two days. I REALLY REALLY want to see two big cities. The only other game where there are two such big things may probably be AOD, but onlt Vault Dweller can tell us that.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's not about how many characters you create. It's about your ability to process and comprehend the information given to you in character creation. If you suck as much as he does, something is wrong with you from a "RP-Gamer" angle.
Since he is a project manager and not a system designer, who cares if he can roll up 6 characters in D&D in 5 minutes or not? His job is to keep to team together, ensure that everybody is doing his job well and on schedule and following Obsidian's vision.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Adam's skill set lies in other disciplines. Also, why is he trying to get Tim's character drunk? lol

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Adam is preparing an update at this very moment.

EDIT: ...and he just randomly namedropped Anthony Davis again. Not sure why

Well, we are good friends. I just got back from work so I don't know the context. What did he say?

Not much, he just randomly said you were a good friend of his who worked at Obsidian once. I think he later said something about having just had a Twitter conversation with you(?)

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

In his recent livestream Adam Brennecke said he reads RPG Codex pretty much every day, and also mentioned that his friend Anthony Davis posts here regularly. ;)

Hahaha, yeah this place is a guilty pleasure for many Obsidianites.

Jabby and I started at Obsidian within two weeks of each other. He graduated from Digipen and is an amazing engineer. His game ideas are pretty Amazing too and he has one in particular that I hope they make soon.

Guilty pleasure as "LOL RPGCodex guys are so hilarious!" or "RPGCodex guys are bros!"? :D

Little column A, little column B.

Much of the time there is just head shaking when some of the more ... Aggressive members here argue just to create noise, but as we always say, there are many gems of wisdom here.

How excited are you for Eternity from a scale of 1 to 10?

a 10, easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom