Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Captain Shrek

You are fighting over semantics and meaningless examples. The whole point of comparing Stamina regen in BaK and PE was to show that here and there the Stamina system worked and even though in BaK health regeneration could be abused it didn't stop it from being a great game. The same applies to PE - it doesn't have to suck automatically because there will be stamina system. It may suck but it doesn't have to (because we know jack shit about how it will work). So doompraching about a feature you know nothing about is... welll... waste of your time and nerves.

Captain Shrek

Captain Shrek

You are fighting over semantics and meaningless examples. The whole point of comparing Stamina regen in BaK and PE was to show that here and there the Stamina system worked and even though in BaK health regeneration could be abused it didn't stop it from being a great game. The same applies to PE - it doesn't have to suck automatically because there will be stamina system. It may be (because we know jack shit how it will work) but it doesn't have to. So doompraching about a feature you know nothing about is... welll... waste of your time and nerves.

Here's another of those saying Darklands had regen. Trying to save lost prestige and kool kredits? They are gone baby.

Even an idiot realizes that automatic regen means that nothing needs to be sacrificed for it.

Captain Shrek

max stamina != rate to recover

???????

Anyway, that post was not (directly) addressed to you. But was copy pasted here because I thought it was relevant to discussion we were having.

did i miss something?

Well. At least check your facts before arguing with me dude. Thank god for ctrl -c + ctrl -v

Mrowak

Arcane
Captain Shrek

You are fighting over semantics and meaningless examples. The whole point of comparing Stamina regen in BaK and PE was to show that here and there the Stamina system worked and even though in BaK health regeneration could be abused it didn't stop it from being a great game. The same applies to PE - it doesn't have to suck automatically because there will be stamina system. It may be (because we know jack shit how it will work) but it doesn't have to. So doompraching about a feature you know nothing about is... welll... waste of your time and nerves.

Here's another of those saying Darklands had regen. Trying to save lost prestige and kool kredits? They are gone baby.

Even an idiot realizes that automatic regen means that nothing needs to be sacrificed for it.

I said Darklands had regen... Do you even read what people write to you? Also BaK had regen - how else do you call a system when you press a button and you regenerate health?

Captain Shrek

Captain Shrek

I said Darklands had regen... Do you even read what people write to you? Also BaK had regen - how else do you call a system when you press a button and you regenerate health?

Oh yeah?

Now go discuss with Black cat or something. Put me on ignore so you don't have to bear with me.

Mrowak

Arcane
Captain Shrek

Oh yeah?

Now go discuss with Black cat or something. Put me on ignore so you don't have to bear with me.

o_O

Are you trolling us? Or yourself?

Captain Shrek

Not really.

People complain. I make points. People ignore points. Then they discuss with Black cats.

Dude, it was you not reading what I wrote and misquoting posts. Who is ignoring whom?

Look.

I am NOT INTERESTED IN DISCUSSING WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AUTOMATIC REGENERATION IMPLIES.

Of course there are multiple ways to interpret it. There are multiple ways to interpret the expletive "shit". I am interested in discussing with people who have the common sense to distinguish the uses.

wormix

Augur
Are you seriously this dumb? If BaK was real time the 'rest' button would translate into 'automatic regeneration' while your character wasn't acting.

Mrowak

Arcane
Not really.

People complain. I make points. People ignore points. Then they discuss with Black cats.

Dude, it was you not reading what I wrote and misquoting posts. Who is ignoring whom?

Look.

I am NOT INTERESTED IN DISCUSSING WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AUTOMATIC REGENERATION IMPLIES.

Of course there are multiple ways to interpret it. There are multiple ways to interpret the expletive "shit". I am interested in discussing with people who have the common sense to distinguish the uses.

Ok people, he went all BLOBERT. I think he snapped.

Unfortunately, in the state you are in nothing seems to reach you. Bro, get off from the chair, go to the kitchen, make yourself a nice ham and cheese sandwich and a cup of tea, eat one, drink the other, and then get some sleep. Only after that come back here and we can discuss the matter in a gentlemanly manner. :obviously:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, the health (whatever, stamina) will regenerate even if you act in PE, or did I get that wrong?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think he means "Regeneration with absolutely no input on the player's part" which, to be fair, isn't present it either BaK or Darklands as far as I remember. Pushing a button is still input, even if it wouldn't be in a real-time system.

I'm also not familiar with any confirmation or proof of it being present in PE, but when has that ever stopped anyone.

Mrowak

Arcane
I think he means "Regeneration with absolutely no input on the player's part" which, to be fair, isn't present it either BaK or Darklands as far as I remember. Pushing a button is still input, even if it wouldn't be in a real-time system.

I'm also not familiar with any confirmation or proof of it being present in PE, but when has that ever stopped anyone.

Yeah but commons sense indicates that leaving a character for 10 seconds real time to regenerate stamina and pushing a button indicating that you are leaving a character for a turn (10 seconds) to regenerate stamina isn't all that different.

Besides, again - we know shit about how Stamina will work in PE, so why do we even bother discussing it? Because "speculation: and "conspiracy"!!?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
someone in this thread is retarded

a certain captain

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom