Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ok people, he went all BLOBERT. I think he snapped.

U

o_O

Right. Petty insults. THis is what it has come down to. Just a question. When I have told you that I am not interested in talking with you, and you still keep quoting me, if I insult your mother will you go away or still keep coming back? I do not "believe" in ignore function, so I won't do that. But I just want to convey the idea.

That was not an insult, brother - merely a friendly jibe common at the Codex - I thought I are already used to it. The other part you failed to quote was an advice. When I get too worked up over what someone somewhere said on the Internet, I just do exactly that. Seriously bro. Chillax.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, the health (whatever, stamina) will regenerate even if you act in PE, or did I get that wrong?
I don't think it's been explained clearly, but I assume in battle, endurance will not regenerate, and out of battle it will.

So take that for what it's worth (nothing).

Grimlorn

Arcane
I've noticed that people who are drumming for romances and "real emotions" apparently thinks that real emotions equals to overly melodramatic and overblown "I HAVE PERSONAL PROBLEMS!" relationship crap.
haha. It's like the guys stuck in the friend zone with women. They listen to all their problems and shit and it never goes anywhere so they want to play a game where it does get them laid. :lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I've noticed that people who are drumming for romances and "real emotions" apparently thinks that real emotions equals to overly melodramatic and overblown "I HAVE PERSONAL PROBLEMS!" relationship crap.

What the fuck do you expect? Those people are either emo-fags or housewives. Both worthless types of creatures.

Arkeus

Arcane
Well, the health (whatever, stamina) will regenerate even if you act in PE, or did I get that wrong?
I don't think it's been explained clearly, but I assume in battle, endurance will not regenerate, and out of battle it will.

So take that for what it's worth (nothing).
The different quotes by the devs seem to say that, both in-battle and out of battle, there are stamina-restoring spells and abilities, though the stronger ones seem to be easier out of battles. I can't remember there being a confirmation about permanent continuous regeneration one way or another.

There has been confirmation that no health magic restoration whatsoever exist, but i would expect that the strongest cleric spells could help mitigate that.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm sure this has been asked of you already, Vince, but how has this and some of the other Kickstarter-funded projects made you feel about your own project? Do their presences add to any of the pressure on you and your team? Are you worried about any side-by-side quality comparisons, for example?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm sure this has been asked of you already, Vince, but how has this and some of the other Kickstarter-funded projects made you feel about your own project? Do their presences add to any of the pressure on you and your team? Are you worried about any side-by-side quality comparisons, for example?
Not worried, don't see them as competition. The market is very far from being saturated and decent RPGs are a rarity these days. I'm pretty sure that an RPG fan can easily handle 3-4 RPGs a year. So, if anything, it's a good thing for us. Someone may play WL2 and become curious about other TB games.

Basically, it will take a strong effort (much more than a couple of indie games or some hidden expansions can do) to revive the market, restore it to its former glory, to show people what's possible, educate them, and cultivate some interest.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Where is your Race Traitor tag Crispy? You need to get out of GD more often.

I seriously considered donating. Frankly, after seeing all of the hyperbole and huge promises offered only after reaching certain donation tiers, I wised up.

Not to imply this thing won't ever get off the ground, but from my perpective it looks rather ridiculous.

Vault Dweller :bro:

bminorkey

Where is your Race Traitor tag Crispy? You need to get out of GD more often.

I seriously considered donating. Frankly, after seeing all of the hyperbole and huge promises offered only after reaching certain donation tiers, I wised up.

This is why I didn't donate in the end. Still have my hopes up though. If the game turns out to be good I'll definitely buy it.

Comrade Goby

Magister
So it's already verboten to just say "hey that girl looks nice" nowadays? Good to know. It's even more funny since Sawyer was the only one there in the room who didn't like that they were simply having a bit fun lightheartedly joking about that green shirt stuff. She even seemed to enjoy it and laughed about it. But it seems it's not politically correct. :(
Well obviously dude, it's sexual harassment!
http://humanrights.gov.au/sexualharassment/sh_employees.html

Sexual harassment is any unwanted or unwelcome sexual behaviour. It has nothing to do with mutual attraction or friendship.
Examples of this behaviour may include:
  • staring or leering
  • unnecessary familiarity, such as deliberately brushing up against you or unwelcome touching
  • suggestive comments or jokes
  • insults or taunts of a sexual nature
  • intrusive questions or statements about your private life
  • displaying posters, magazines or screen savers of a sexual nature
  • sending sexually explicit emails or text messages
  • inappropriate advances on social networking sites
  • accessing sexually explicit internet sites
  • requests for sex or repeated unwanted requests to go out on dates
  • behaviour that may also be considered to be an offence under criminal law, such as physical assault, indecent exposure, sexual assault, stalking or obscene communications.
Very few people who experience workplace sexual harassment make formal complaints. This may be due to a significant lack of understanding as to what sexual harassment is.

For example, when the Commission conducted its 2008 Sexual Harassment National Telephone Survey, an explanation of behaviours that would be sexual harassment was provident to respondents, who expressly said they did not experience sexual harassment. After the explanation, around one in five respondents went on to report they had experienced behaviours that may in fact constitute sexual harassment under the law.

Even consensually touching a woman's breasts is apparently sexual assault nowadays: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...sm-white-knighting-stoops-to-a-new-low.76772/
You should check your privileges and keep them in check when attempting to look at girls or talk to them or they might get'cha and lock you away.

What a joke. This is why you treat women like the animals they are.

And guess what, they love it. Not matter how hard they screech otherwise. The most fun thing in the world is dominating a chick who's all blah blah blah womens rights and then face fucking her.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I was rewatching this screenshot of PE and read some of @villian of the story 's bitchings complaints and now I kinda have to agree even - the perspective is a bit wrong on that and the camera needs to be tilted differently.

Some stuff I experimented with (it's old already)

laf.png

2342248-PE-TempleEntrance01-2560x1440.jpg

I don't know, it feels "off" kinda.

I really hope this is not final angle they'll use in the game

grotsnik

Arcane

And guess what, they love it. Not matter how hard they screech otherwise. The most fun thing in the world is dominating a chick who's all blah blah blah womens rights and then face fucking her.

"Surely nobody at the Codex will ever suspect who's really behind this cartoonishly obnoxious persona," Lesifoere thought, proceeding to lay it on a bit fucking thick.

Cynic

Arcane
The tilt of the PE screen looks like the same kind of tilt from Ruins of Myth Drannor :troll:

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
And of course no one here knows exactly what they should feel about it.

We all know, we should hate it, just like we hate everything and everyone else on Codex.After we replay it for the 7th we have to come back to Codex and tell the world how the game is shit, it's just that, that some shit is better than the other shit, but make no mistake, everything is shit in the end.
It's the fault of jews and feminazists ofcourse.

darkling

Educated
I thought that screenshot looked weird too but then I saw those nerded up altered screenshots with BG2 characters slapped on and decided I liked it after all.

Comrade Goby

Magister

"Surely nobody at the Codex will ever suspect who's really behind this cartoonishly obnoxious persona," Lesifoere thought, proceeding to lay it on a bit fucking thick.

Sorry brah. I'm just not brainwashed by jewish multicultralist media.

I mean most bros my age think quite similarly, they are just so beta they are afraid to say anything. Even on the internet or all places.

I mean motherfuck if you have to censor yourself here than the it is all over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom