Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
But she's kinda right. I doubt arguing there in this thread gets the game anywhere from what the devs actually wanted to do from the beginning when they announced their KS. We all know the stances of MCA etc. on what the people there want to have. Just let them do their game, let the romance people have their thread. It's a waste of energy to rage about it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Do people seriously believe they have any input in the game's development?
Sawyer says he does listen to feedback, but never anything specific. He's more interested in general feelings and high level goals for which to aim.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, that much is obvious. But to think you need to go and fight on romance threads otherwise it will become a dating sim is beyond retarded.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
the edginess is reaching astounding levels

of course Obs bases a major part of its strategy on its consumers, anything else would completely idiotic - their chances of doing something like this again hinges on it, not to mention their sales

But to think you need to go and fight on romance threads otherwise it will become a dating sim is beyond retarded.

no to claim that anyone has ever claimed this, that is the retarded part my friend

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
the edginess is reaching astounding levels

of course Obs bases a major part of its strategy on its consumers, anything else would completely idiotic - their chances of doing something like this again hinges on it

But to think you need to go and fight on romance threads otherwise it will become a dating sim is beyond retarded.

no to claim that anyone has ever claimed this, that is the retarded part my friend
Straw men are so much easier to argue with though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
of course Obs bases a major part of its strategy on its consumers, anything else would completely idiotic - their chances of doing something like this again hinges on it, not to mention their sales
They're not going to listen to any specific ideas though. That's noise.

So why do they keep doing it..? Why not let the romance freaks have their little self-contained ghetto where everyone else, including the developers, is free to ignore them?

Grimlorn

Arcane
But she's kinda right. I doubt arguing there in this thread gets the game anywhere from what the devs actually wanted to do from the beginning when they announced their KS. We all know the stances of MCA etc. on what the people there want to have. Just let them do their game, let the romance people have their thread. It's a waste of energy to rage about it.
I'm not so sure. Look at the kickstarter stretch goals. I think almost all of them came from the forums. It's obvious they're reading the forums a lot. Seems like they're changing boob plate armor just because people raised such a huge fuss over it and we have these other feminist BS threads now because of it. They decided to allow romance threads to be created 1 to 2 days before the kickstarter was over. I think there is definitely some forum influence. How much I don't know, but I'm concerned they're going to be paying too much attention to what people say and think on there. Even if they're just reading and not replying, there is going to be some influence. I can't see them getting that many good ideas from the forums.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Now I'm actually sort of interested to see how bad it can be, but I'm not about to shell out over 5 bucks to read this dude's fanfic.
Glowing review
11 of 14 people found the following review helpful

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing April 6, 2012
By Louise Shinko
Format: Paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
Due to the glowing reviews, I downloaded this book for free on my kindle. I was expecting action, romance, and a plot. It was a gentle letdown. The novel had little to no romance, constant thrashing action, a swirling, inconsistent plotline, and many grammatical errors. Unless you are very into fantasy and lengthy paragraphs that describe little to nothing, I recommend that you look elsewhere.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not so sure. Look at the kickstarter stretch goals. I think almost all of them came from the forums. It's obvious they're reading the forums a lot. Seems like they're changing boob plate armor just because people raised such a huge fuss over it and we have these other feminist BS threads now because of it. They decided to allow romance threads to be created 1 to 2 days before the kickstarter was over. I think there is definitely some forum influence. How much I don't know, but I'm concerned they're going to be paying too much attention to what people say and think on there. Even if they're just reading and not replying, there is going to be some influence. I can't see them getting that many good ideas from the forums.

Maybe but honestly, boobplate armour is retarded. Shit like chainmail bikinis or that open at the cleavage hauberk the woman on the cover of Curse of the Azure Bonds has is retarded. I get that it's part of pulp fantasy art of a certain era, but it's still something I'm not sad to see go. If having reasonable, realistic-ish armour for women as well as men is part of some feminist agenda or whatever, I'm all for it.

I haven't been following their forums all that closely - was there some other "feminist agenda thread" that popped up that actually had something ridiculous in it? Or were you just hoping to stroke off to a D&D like game?

Grimlorn

Arcane

Maybe but honestly, boobplate armour is retarded. Shit like chainmail bikinis or that open at the cleavage hauberk the woman on the cover of Curse of the Azure Bonds has is retarded. I get that it's part of pulp fantasy art of a certain era, but it's still something I'm not sad to see go. If having reasonable, realistic-ish armour for women as well as men is part of some feminist agenda or whatever, I'm all for it.

I haven't been following their forums all that closely - was there some other "feminist agenda thread" that popped up that actually had something ridiculous in it? Or were you just hoping to stroke off to a D&D like game?
My point was they're obviously reading and listening to the forums, but yeah that conversation has turned into a lot of guys talking about the oversexualization of women in video games and how it's wrong. How they'd like to see different female types like females dominating men in a society in PE. It's a joke.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
My point was they're obviously reading and listening to the forums, but yeah that conversation has turned into a lot of guys talking about the oversexualization of women in video games and how it's wrong. How they'd like to see different female types like females dominating men in a society in PE. It's a joke.

Ah yeah, that does sound ridiculous. Well, actually it sounds like something you'd see at Bioware Social. Ugh.

I suppose I just tend to hope that these guys will actually make something decent since I've enjoyed most of their games in the past. I mean, all most internet forums are full of idiocy and douchebaggery - but some things still turn out alright.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I thought romances were a really cool thing in baldur's gate when i was... 15 years old.

Nowadays these biowarian romance simulators just make me fucking cringe.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Except BG didn't roamnces you dumb fuck. Well, it had three but none of them involved the player. FFS

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I thought it was going to be an Iphone exclusive? They are crazy to think anyone uses PCs anymore! :codexisfor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom