Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Well, and you fuck snakes. I'm merely telling you my impressions of the one video vs the impressions of the other video, there's really no need to try to discredit them unless you have something better / contrasting to offer. Ignore them, or me, and move on.

Besides, I'd like to see you be correct all the time, assuming my opinion is outright false.

Is it really hard to back up statements with actual facts? I'm just calling bullshit out when I see it.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Playing "yourself" in an RPG is the faggiest faggotry, it's got nothing to do with gaming and these deranged fuckers should be kept away from games. And of course, Bioware is to blame for baiting them in the first place.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
How can you back up a statement relating to a vibe or feeling with facts? The only way would be to watch both videos and judge for yourself. In your judgment I'm wrong; I'm sure some may, on the other hand, agree with me. I'll give it a try, though: the very last sentence said in the Eternity video is what gives me that vibe. I feel it could have been set up or phrased better. That's all.

That said, aren't we both just wanting them to make a better video next KS? Even if you don't agree that it wasn't a great one, a better video than what you already have never hurts. The pitch IS the most important part, isn't it?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
They really need a retardo forum and move all the romance/gender and other retarded topics there so we can all ignore them.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fargo's video was more about making fun of publishers, which was probably a good note to hit with people willing to kickstart (I know it worked on me).

Obsidian's video was OK, but it felt kind of wishy-washy if that makes any sense.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That said, aren't we both just wanting them to make a better video next KS? Even if you don't agree that it wasn't a great one, a better video than what you already have never hurts. The pitch IS the most important part, isn't it?

Oh I am certain they are all learning from this experience. But once MCA's project is on KS (if they actually do it), all they need is a 1 second video clip of MCA smiling and a PS:T logo and it will make 5 mil in 3 days. ;)

Thought about pledging for this, but then i realized this isn't the cool crowd (read the vigilance thread) i want to be associated with.
Will probably just end up as DA with slightly better writing anyway.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
They really need a retardo forum and move all the romance/gender and other retarded topics there so we can all ignore them.

The threads just won't stop. I wish I could delete the lot.

It's the price you pay for an open forum. And it happens here on the codex as well. I still to applaude Obsidian's option to keeping the forums open, even at such a cost to constant troll threads. The BSN guys really don't have any new Bioware game to discuss so...

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM.

GMonkey

Scholar
In this case the price of freedom is paid with volunteer moderators, who work for free. Not that I'm complaining.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

The threads just won't stop. I wish I could delete the lot.

It's the price you pay for an open forum. And it happens here on the codex as well. I still to applaude Obsidian's option to keeping the forums open, even at such a cost to constant troll threads. The BSN guys really don't have any new Bioware game to discuss so...

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM.

THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS ETERNAL VIGILANCE!

kaizoku

Arcane
Listened to some AoW music, and it sounded quite crappy and cheesy.
haters gonna hate

FFS do something original with the music! ToEE got it right, it had amazing music that was minimal and magical. It really gave Oerth a different feel to Forgotten Realms and it was perfect. Music plays such an important role in setting up the atmosphere. If you want something unique, going with the regular big orchestral fanfare is retarded, it's also more expensive if you want it to sound any good.
:salute:
The only thing it lacked was more variation. Other than that ToEE was really good.

I think they should have Sawyer's singing played at an almost inaudible level whenever you run the game. Subliminal atmosphere-setting.
Nahh.
I rather have his singing played by some town's bard if you pay him a drink.

Also please don't waste time on fucking romances! It just pushes valuable time and money into a section of the game that only sexless virgin teenagers give a shit about!!
I rather have them spend $20k in romances and get an extra $1M in funding from biodrones and other romance seekers.

MCA
There is just simply no way this will ever get to 3 millions. It will probably stop somewhere at 2.6M at most. Keep dreaming, though. The butthurt of failed dreams will be delicious.

They fucked up big time. All the details they shared only afterwards, here and there, between interviews and forum posts, they should have talked about at the very beginning. A lot of people looked at the initial pitch, said "meh" and moved on and they ain't coming back, John, just like The Brazilian Slaughter. They will never come back. You are fucked. Enjoy your Jeff Vogel wannabe crap game, except with RTwP.

Keshik

Arcane
I hope most of them evenutally leave once the project's funded and underway, things should cool off then. Then the Obsid boards will be normal again.

GMonkey

Scholar
That's on obsidian's forums?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom