Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian's Project X - One more day

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If it's multiplatform I'll just buy it if it's successfully funded instead.

I don't mind RTwP combat, romances and stuff. Those are design decisions.

But fundamental shit like oh we need an interface for different platforms uheeuheuehue fuck that. Kickstarter should be for niche ideas and creativity not mass market appeal products (which is the sole reason for multiplatform).

Micmu

Magister
That's pretty typical, yeah. Pessimists always "win". Either they were right so they can be smug at everyone, or they're wrong so they can be happily surprised. Did it ever occur to you it is not so much important to "win" and be smug, and could be advisable to just have fun and enjoy yourself? I mean, we're on a pretty significant upslope for RPG projects.
Why so upset now? Because I posted two posts that I do not believe it's a computer RPG in this day and age without a proof?
What's the definition of popamole? I know it was once third-person cover-shooter, is it still?
Fine. Then fantasy action hack/slash primarily for consoles (aka. multiplatform).

J1M

Arcane
They should add a stretch goal that, if hit, will make it PC-exclusive. :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm not expecting turn-based. If it is similar to the old IE games BG/IWD/Torment then I'm fine with that.

We already got our dream turn-based game, Wasteland 2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Something is happening. I can't reach their website right now.

Edit: false alarm

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I put their KS profile on auto-refresh (every 5 seconds - Firefox addon). :M

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why so upset now? Because I posted two posts that I do not believe it's a computer RPG in this day and age without a proof?

Upset? That's a bit of a stretch. I'm just poking fun at you, and pointing out why your attitude is fallacious. Anyway, stick around, I'm curious to see what you'll have to say in a couple of hours. Same for Surf Solar.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Is the countdown page gone? When I head over to Obsidian it goes right to their main site.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I know it's probably a new Eternity IP or The Black Hound (or maybe they're the same thing) but if it's a successor to PS:T or KOTOR 2 I don't know what I'll do.
:sniff:

kaizoku

Arcane
Connection closed by remote server

Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.

Micmu

Magister
Upset? That's a bit of a stretch. I'm just poking fun at you, and pointing out why your attitude is fallacious. Anyway, stick around, I'm curious to see what you'll have to say in a couple of hours.
That I was wrong?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Is the countdown page gone? When I head over to Obsidian it goes right to their main site.

It is only supposed to show the teaser page once, and then put a cookie on your browser to direct you to the main site. It's a little broken though. Anyway, just delete your obsidian cookies.

Also, it'sa coming faster than I thought. Keep refreshing every page, guys! BREAK EVERY WEBSITE.

I'm confused. Wasn't this supposed to be announced by now?

Nope. But very soon.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
T6jdH.gif

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I'm not expecting turn-based. If it is similar to the old IE games BG/IWD/Torment then I'm fine with that.

We already got our dream turn-based game, Wasteland 2 Chaos Chronicles.
Fixed.

Neither Wasteland or Fallout had stellar combat, their forte was in the non-combat mechanics (skillchecks, different ways to solve problems, puzzles), and I hope they don't change that. On the other hand, Chaos Chronicles looks like a much better combatfag game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol:

"This world wants to drag the site down, it does. It made you a Refresher. No one asks for that."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom