Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Drakron

Arcane
Well Crossfield stats are out and they are really going all in, I did not think they would put the Mirror Crossfield trait, console and visuals along it (so roleplayers can just get your Mirror on). Warship Voyager is wierd and cannot understand what the hell I am supposed to do with it.
This will make the Connie blog a hopeful read since if they just flip the Temporal to MW but keep everything else as it is ... Jesus, that would be a hell of a ship.

Codex Year of the Donut
doff mission 'zones' are really, really busted.
you can abuse this to view 'multiple' versions of clusters to get the mission you're looking for
simply exit to a neighboring sector and re-enter, try all 4 plus your starship bridge. Each one provides a unique list of missions.

Codex Year of the Donut
Codex Year of the Donut
AFAICT, there's multiple "states":
The correct one, this only happens when crossing a "hard" border into a new sector block.
A broken one(maybe multiple? Would explain the behavior with colony clusters,) this happens when crossing a sector border inside of a sector block. This seems to be a shared state across the entire map.
A second broken one, this happens when entering your bridge/when you first login. Again, shared state across the entire map, but completely separate assignments from the first broken state.

I wonder what kind of impact this has on Voth space battlezone assignments

Norfleet

You're unusually sharp and observant. I might even like you. I've been telling Drakron this for years, but all he ever does is whine about it. You figured out something that people who have been around for years haven't. You even realized the implications of why this is a good thing.

Also, they're not BUSTED. They WORK AS INTENDED, and we don't want them changed. And the CORRECT state is the one that contains the job you're looking for. Duh.

Codex Year of the Donut
I've found quite a few assignments that aren't even on the wiki, hmm
e.g.,
0zffAvW.png

48 hour mission that gives something on a crit, not sure what

skipped it because most of my doffs are on missions and none of the ones I have left match any of the success or crit, making a note to watch out for it because I want to know what the crit gives

Norfleet

Those are just generic CXP missions that don't have any special rewards, not really worth paying attention to.

Drakron

Arcane
I've been telling Drakron this for years, but all he ever does is whine about it.

I whine about then not showing up and only some of the specific chain ones ... I know how support colonization efforts work but fuck me when I gone about with Project Chrysalis. I just dont handle well frustration.
BTW I dont think it affects Voth battlezone assignments since as far I can tell, the whole list always appear the moment their cooldown timers are gone and the assignment list refreshes, its harder to get the ones that appear "randomly" as interacts in the Sphere but I dont think anyone looks for then.

Norfleet

What's the reason botanist doffs are so highly priced on the exchange? They're one of the most expensive.
Whatcha talking about, Willis? Botanists aren't expensive. I went and checked and they were like 300K, which is like, mid-end junk grade price.

Norfleet

very rare fed ones start at 1.2m
That's not them being expensive. That's just somebody having emptied the Exchange and with most of the doffing community having quit, restocking is slow. KDF ones are cheap because nobody plays KDF. If they had actual utility, they'd be expensive there, too. You will just have to wait a few days until the supply shock passes. Also, doffs are more expensive on Fed because Fed Tax.

I remember when the opposite was true because all the cool doffing people played KDF.

Codex Year of the Donut
very rare fed ones start at 1.2m
That's not them being expensive. That's just somebody having emptied the Exchange and with most of the doffing community having quit, restocking is slow. KDF ones are cheap because nobody plays KDF. If they had actual utility, they'd be expensive there, too. You will just have to wait a few days until the supply shock passes. Also, doffs are more expensive on Fed because Fed Tax.

I remember when the opposite was true because all the cool doffing people played KDF.
Doff market is actually very lively, it's how I've made all my credits.
I bought some UR doff packs with EC last night because I wanted some shinies.

Norfleet

The market you're thinking about is the market of doffs for people who are NOT DOFFING. Those people are using them as equipment rather than to actually do doffing with. Also, just how much money are we talking about when we say "lively"? Because you trading like half a dozen doffs doesn't count as lively. Lively is when I can't completely destroy a market by dumping my over 9000 of something on it, and the only reason I even HAVE that many is because NOBODY WOULD BUY THEM.

Codex Year of the Donut
this rabbit hole goes pretty deep
your department heads give different missions if you go up and physically talk to them inside your ship than from the "department heads" tab(or from the remote call interface on your bridge)

Norfleet

That's particularly true of Romulans. And yes, it goes pretty deep. These were all dark secrets of the doff masters back in the day, but since then, doffing has fallen out of style and most of this isn't really worth pursuing.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
There are still people actively doffing these days? :hahano:
Aside from borg kitteh and a handful of other reward dudes... did they even ever fix the "ghosts of the jim hadar" chain? I remember trying it for the brojectile doff but gave up after a month. Well, I got some Kardashian boffs instead, so it wasn't all wasted time.

Reading "164 xp for a 48 hour mission" compared to the thousands of xp from a shitty 30 mins fed assjob makes me think of how they robbed us off our unruly gorn xp. Because we were not allowed to have fun. So sad.

Codex Year of the Donut
There are still people actively doffing these days? :hahano:
Aside from borg kitteh and a handful of other reward dudes... did they even ever fix the "ghosts of the jim hadar" chain? I remember trying it for the brojectile doff but gave up after a month. Well, I got some Kardashian boffs instead, so it wasn't all wasted time.

Reading "164 xp for a 48 hour mission" compared to the thousands of xp from a shitty 30 mins fed assjob makes me think of how they robbed us off our unruly gorn xp. Because we were not allowed to have fun. So sad.
I actually get alright XP from assignments on crits with stacked VR/UR doffs.
yvCB8zj.png

Drakron

Arcane
did they even ever fix the "ghosts of the jim hadar" chain?

It was never specifically broken as much the entire system got broken when they changed sector map.
Can be done as I have done it, its just incredible irritating due to how the system used to work so it far easier to get it to appear as currently you have to dig up how the assignments show up in the current broken form.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm currently on the 7th mission(7/10) from the jem'hadar chain. I haven't even found the first mission of the Chrysalis chain yet though, I keep checking.

Drakron

Arcane
"Overpower Jem'Hadar ground expedition force" is one of the ones that is a pain because it shows up on all the weird places, it used to be on the clusters but I dont think it ever shows up there anymore and instead is like DS9 ground or crossing the border.
Chrysalis is a pain to start because its uncommon and since there are a lot of uncommon assignments chances is you dont get it on your list, Facility is the chain you really want so you get the Raid Fugitive Hideout for purple prisoners that you can exchange with the Dominion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom