Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline OFFICIAL "STONES OF ARNHEM" DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
"Diehard fans of Grimoire" Do those even exist? Maybe try doing something with an UI on par with modern standards.

His UI hasn't even come close to Wizardry 7 standards.

When your folks read this and see how witty you are, they are bound to send you their mailing address so you'll know where they are since they took off.

Humbaba

Arcane
What will Mr. Blakemore do to address some of the more frequent criticisms of his previous title (terrible UI, slow combat, lopsided balance, intransparent design etc.)?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Is this set in the same setting as Grimoire? What will be the biggest differences between this and Grimoire? I saw the word streamline - does it mean the game will be easier than your previous one, so even a child would be able to finish it without sweating its brain? How much will this be based on the old concept of Stones of Arnhem that was leaked some time ago? Will this have any adult content like nudity, gore or so called romances?

No adult content.

Other than the same title and a story drawn from Australian motifs this game bears no resemblance to the original Sir-Tech disaster. Let them sue, I need the publicity.

There will be tribal peoples in the game and of course my narrative will be a million times better than anything the high school dropouts at Sir-Tech could ever come up with.

The game will have puzzles of moderate to difficult challenge but as with Grimoire, nothing meant to obstruct progress with a little thought.

There will be no obscene monsters or sexual metaphors in the game and no creatures with a million dicks hanging out of them. Brenda Garneau would not be pleased.

This will be the high quality Wizardry clone that I should have been working on and it will not sacrifice any excellence for popamole.

I really think I can do this with the tools, resources, code and artwork I have in my possession now. I have a very good start on it and will be eager to get screenshots up soon.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What will Mr. Blakemore do to address some of the more frequent criticisms of his previous title (terrible UI, slow combat, lopsided balance, intransparent design etc.)?

It's a totally 100% different engine in Unity with similar RPG rules and no legacy at all with the previous C++ code. In all my testing it is working far better than anything I have previously written.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Is this set in the same setting as Grimoire? What will be the biggest differences between this and Grimoire?

Grimoire was set in the mythical land of Hyperborea, STONES OF ARNHEM will be set in Arnhem Land, a primeval world of Australian lore and legend mixed with heavy doses of Lost World mythos (including giant reptiles).

BruceVC

Magister
Is this set in the same setting as Grimoire? What will be the biggest differences between this and Grimoire? I saw the word streamline - does it mean the game will be easier than your previous one, so even a child would be able to finish it without sweating its brain? How much will this be based on the old concept of Stones of Arnhem that was leaked some time ago? Will this have any adult content like nudity, gore or so called romances?

No adult content.

I really think I can do this with the tools, resources, code and artwork I have in my possession now. I have a very good start on it and will be eager to get screenshots up soon.

When you say " no adult content " does that mean no optional Romance arcs with hot Megan the Stallion lookalikes ;)

If not thats fine, I will still buy this game if its as popular as Grimoire

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50011

"I am not a particularly "woke" person - I like traditional things - but I do have to question whether we should be posting anything by MCB especially when it is so devoid of content given his past history. Why not just post when the game comes out?

He is a racist, LGBQT hating, holocaust denying attention seeker. Why would RPGWatch give him a platform to expose his views which are abhorrent to most of us. People are allowed to have those views of course but they should be smart enough to realise times have changed. It's not 1900's anymore, a time when these views were tolerated.

This was his second post in the linked thread:

Subtract the t******s (removed offensive term referring to a transgender person) buying and refunding the game in one hour to give it a squeal review and Grimoire would be well into 90% and the detractors would mostly consist of people who thought they were buying a Final Fantasy game.

P.S. Wonder how it is maintained at 69% for years such that every time it slips into positive, about 100 new reviews appear in 24 hours to push it back a single point? It has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the flabby armed non-binary lunatics.This is an attack on many of our members and is against our ToS. If this was posted on our forums the poster would get a warning/ban. So why link to it?"

Enjoying this types of posts.

Haters gonna hate :martini:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

"I am not a particularly "woke" person - I like traditional things - but I do have to question whether we should be posting anything by MCB especially when it is so devoid of content given his past history. Why not just post when the game comes out?

He is a racist, LGBQT hating, holocaust denying attention seeker. Why would RPGWatch give him a platform to expose his views which are abhorrent to most of us. People are allowed to have those views of course but they should be smart enough to realise times have changed. It's not 1900's anymore, a time when these views were tolerated.

Subtract the t******s (removed offensive term referring to a transgender person) buying and refunding the game in one hour to give it a squeal review and Grimoire would be well into 90% and the detractors would mostly consist of people who thought they were buying a Final Fantasy game.

P.S. Wonder how it is maintained at 69% for years such that every time it slips into positive, about 100 new reviews appear in 24 hours to push it back a single point? It has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the flabby armed non-binary lunatics.This is an attack on many of our members and is against our ToS. If this was posted on our forums the poster would get a warning/ban. So why link to it?"

[IGNORE] along with the rest of this galaxy. Just reading posts like these will cause you to spontaneously become gay.

Codex Year of the Donut
Why would RPGWatch give him a platform to expose his views which are abhorrent to most of us. People are allowed to have those views of course but they should be smart enough to realise times have changed. It's not 1900's anymore, a time when these views were tolerated.
What a doublethink

mondblut

Arcane
Other than the same title and a story drawn from Australian motifs this game bears no resemblance to the original Sir-Tech disaster.

:negative:

There will be no obscene monsters or sexual metaphors in the game and no creatures with a million dicks hanging out of them.

giphy.gif

No penisaurus - no Arnhem. Such is the will of the Codex.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Notice how nowadays you can't discuss any subject without this strange crowd taking an interest in your work despite no real interest in RPGs, computer games or much of anything else other than sex, power and degeneracy.

The children of the Devil trying to ruin the computer game industry will receive the same fate.

I expect to see this unfold at the next Chicago E3 with Crispy unfortunately looking back despite being told not to.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane

First time I saw someone being ignored for not using quote tags right.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

First time I saw someone being ignored for not using quote tags right.

If the Wokinati couldn't force people to listen, they'd have no audience at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom