Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

made

Arcane
Is 400k good for a PC-only title? Don't think it'll sell much more on Xbox, unless they start the hype campaign all over again in November.

Btw, protip: download all the Ultimas quick from abandonia before they are removed. ;)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
You joking? 400k in the first week for a PC-exclusive is incredible.

EDIT: A lot of potato is going to be had.

FatCat

Educated
DA2 sold 400k to this point on all platforms.By the end of the year TWitcher2 will most likely hit about 1.5 million sales + xbox will add about another 500k.

made

Arcane
Dunno what to compare it to really. I think only Blizzard does PC exclusives anymore.

Anyway, game is off 10$ for the duration of E3, go buy it Americunts!

abija

Prophet
FatCat said:
DA2 sold 400k to this point on all platforms.By the end of the year TWitcher2 will most likely hit about 1.5 million sales + xbox will add about another 500k.
If VGCharts is even remotely accurate (probably doesn't include digital sales) DA2 sold 700k in first week on all platforms .
Even if it isn't accurate, if DA2 would have sold only 400K til now all staff would have been fired in a huge media frenzy.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dude, you're right. It all looks like rendered graphics. Massive!

Exmit

Scholar
WhiskeyWolf said:

no no

it's real time for xbox, only rendered for pc

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
WhiskeyWolf said:

Which for some reason look worse then the real game - especially the way Geralt looks like in the video.

Also, gotta love how there's no actual gameplay no story teasing in the trailer. :lol: :/ :(

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The witcher on fuckbox will mean more potatoes for Witcher 3. :salute: And elves are like Spanish/Mexicans, they landed on white ships five hundred year before humans and tried to enslave dvarfes, gnomes and hobbits they wipead out the Varans. (That's why mayority of Dvarfes don't buy this elven bs propagand about elder races). Only to be assfucked by new wave of conquerors, karma pointeared bitches. :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You guys misunderstood. I don't mind the ending being short at all. Considering the amount of branches in this game, which I frankly haven't seen the like of before, the shorter game-time (not THAT much shorter really) doesn't bother me.

But the ending, the last 10-20 minutes of the game was brutally abrubt. There were a lot of things Geralt could be asking and doing at to sort some things out that felt as though they should've been part of the game.

Seeing to Saskia after defeating her (if opting not to kill her)

What of Iorveth? He leaves her with Triss, then she comes after defeating Letho and not a word is spoken of him henceforth. Don't know if the story is similar with Roche.

Delving further into Letho's reasoning. A lot of people here said they spared him because they understood his reasons, but I ask: What fucking reasons? He had none. He slew kings for another king is basically the gist for it, the way it's presented at the end it isn't anymore complicated. That's weak shit compared to the complexity and depth in the characters up till this point.

The story is VERY well constructed, weaving tons of different choices seemingly together. Yet at the end it seems to come down to three things:

1) Do you let Sile die? 2) Do you kill the dragon or allow it to live? 3) Do you kill Letho or allow him to live?

For a game with such a well-told story, it seems to break off pretty quick.

I will say, however, that for a game three defining choices at the end is still pretty good I guess. It's just that the story that goes before these choices implies much more.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, a little friendly codexian taunting: If VD ever meant anything he said about C&C, he better choose this game as his no. 1 ever. Not even Holy Codex C&C-games of old can meet the amount or complexity of choices in Twitcher 2. I'm not saying this game is best evar by any means in my personal opinion, just that those wholly dedicated to the School of C&C are fucking wankers if they don't defend this game with everything they've got.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Delving further into Letho's reasoning. A lot of people here said they spared him because they understood his reasons, but I ask: What fucking reasons? He had none. He slew kings for another king is basically the gist for it, the way it's presented at the end it isn't anymore complicated. That's weak shit compared to the complexity and depth in the characters up till this point.

It was either serve the Emperor or die. Letho saw a great man in the Emperor who keeps his promises and that promise was to rebuild the Witcher school of the Snake. It's like a dream come true for every witcher.

Yet at the end it seems to come down to three things:

1) Do you let Sile die? 2) Do you kill the dragon or allow it to live? 3) Do you kill Letho or allow him to live?

At the END mind you. You still have the Henselt/Stennis choices. Iorveth or Roche. Philipia or Triss. Young Princess or Triss. And even in the Young Princess you decide the fucking fate of Temeria.

made

Arcane
Dunno bout Saskia, she appears only briefly on Roche's path. Letho did it because the emperor promised to rebuild his Witcher school and rehabilitate Witchers in Nilfgaard. In short: he did it for his bros! Best char in game imo.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
made said:
Dunno bout Saskia, she appears only briefly on Roche's path. Letho did it because the emperor promised to rebuild his Witcher school and rehabilitate Witchers in Nilfgaard. In short: he did it for his bros! Best char in game imo.

No! The best one is
Foltest, fuck you!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Grunker said:
By the way, a little friendly codexian taunting: If VD ever meant anything he said about C&C, he better choose this game as his no. 1 ever. Not even Holy Codex C&C-games of old can meet the amount or complexity of choices in Twitcher 2. I'm not saying this game is best evar by any means in my personal opinion, just that those wholly dedicated to the School of C&C are fucking wankers if they don't defend this game with everything they've got.

I'm afraid VD is currently under impression that TW2 has 'fake' or 'inconsequential' choices. He compared it to the branching in BG2 when you could choose the thieves' guild or the vampires

Vault Dweller said:
- linear so far and very BG2 design-wise. You have the big choice, but it's similar to "work for thieves" or "work for Bodhi". Minor choices mean shit. I saved some people in prologue and they gave me a reward in Flotsam, yay.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2064.msg67660.html#msg67660

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Havoc said:
It was either serve the Emperor or die. Letho saw a great man in the Emperor who keeps his promises and that promise was to rebuild the Witcher school of the Snake. It's like a dream come true for every witcher.

Bullshitz. Letho is a smart man, I'm sure he can take one short look at Dol Blathanna and decide freedom under the emperor isn't exactly freedom. I'm not saying the only choice is to kill Letho, I'm saying that a game with characters as great as in The Witcher 2 owes more than a "I chose the good king"-explanation.

Havoc said:
At the END mind you. You still have the Henselt/Stennis choices. Iorveth or Roche. Philipia or Triss. Young Princess or Triss. And even in the Young Princess you decide the fucking fate of Temeria.

Philippa or Triss is a fake choice, as we have already established. And I can see from your response that you think I'm looking for more choices in the endgame. I'm not. I'm looking for a resolution to some things. What your relationship with some characters are at the end is not finalised. I'm not looking for answers to the stuff that TW3 will obviously revolve around, just personal relations.

made

Arcane
Havoc said:
No! The best one is
Foltest, fuck you!
Foltest rocks, but I liked him more in TW1. Though he only had a few lines there, so dunno.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom