Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Can anyone confirm this? If you play on easy mode, do you auatomatically pick up loot from dead enemies?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
UserNamer said:
I'm saying that in the real world racism is at least comprehensible, even if it is not noble or right.

Is it?

You don't need to think much to see why people would hate blacks, muslims, or jews.

:hmmm:

Interesting. Care to share with us, why people hate blacks, muslims, or jews?

In the witcher it seems completely arbitrary.

Well, I don't think it's totally forced when a guardsman whose best pal was shot by an elf can't stomach those pointy-ear faggots in his town. Those self-important pricks forever acting high and mighty, apparently collaborating with the bastards in the forest deserve all fine trashing they get. Oh, and they all smell, and their women are especially violent.

Similarly, it's kinda hard to love humans when they use their dominant position to ostracise you from society. Add to that the fact that elven culture was practically eredicated on account of human expansion and you have a good reason for all the hate. Not to mention those filthy apes smell and are all violent.

Mrowak

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Can anyone confirm this? If you play on easy mode, do you auatomatically pick up loot from dead enemies?

Can't say it does. Haven't played on easy.

However, if you play with a pad it is enough to press the button of awesome once when you target the corpse and all the trash lands in your inventory.

UserNamer

Cipher
Mrowak said:
Well, I don't think it's totally forced when a guardsman whose best pal was shot by an elf can't stomach those pointy-ear faggots in his town. Those self-important pricks forever acting high and mighty, apparently collaborating with the bastards in the forest deserve all fine trashing they get.

yeah that makes sense. But most people seem to be hating non humans for no apparent reason

Similarly, it's kinda hard to love humans when they use their dominant position to ostracise you from society. Add to that the fact that elven culture was practically eredicated on account of human expansion and you have a good reason for all the hate.

I get why non humans hate humans, I don't get why humans hate non humans.Maybe it's just because when different races are forced to cohabit, hate starts and freely flows naturally, just like the real world.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
flushfire said:
J_C said:
I honestly dont't want to offend anyone, but you have to have pretty crappy reflexes to fail that QTE with the dragon. In fact, every QTE in the Withcer 2 is piss easy, there are far more difficult ones in other games.
I still actively play local CS/DotA tourneys and also SF3's a while back so I'm pretty sure my reflexes are at least average. I died in that sequence more than once on hard. Not sure if there's any difference vs other difficulty levels, but it wasn't clicking RMB on time that killed me but running. First time I thought I should change the view to face where I was running. 2nd time I thought running down and RMB were enough.
Well I played on normal, so there is a chance that the QTEs are easier than on hard. I will probably find out on my next walkthrough, on hard. Maybe I will be raging about the QTEs on that level. :)

Mrowak said:
You don't need to think much to see why people would hate blacks, muslims, or jews.

:hmmm:

Interesting. Care to share with us, why people hate blacks, muslims, or jews?
Because racists are fucking morons.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Just wanted to say that new NVIDIA drivers are out, non-beta this time too. They improve performance in The Witcher 2 quite significantly even over the last beta; I think I gained something in the area of 10-15 fps average, so it really is quite significant, especially if you were having framerate drops before.

Mrowak said:
However, if you play with a pad it is enough to press the button of awesome once when you target the corpse and all the trash lands in your inventory.
Spacebar does the same thing by default on keyboard. It's two keystrokes, granted, but still quite fast.

Mrowak

Arcane
UserNamer said:
I don't get why humans hate non humans.Maybe it's just because when different races are forced to cohabit, hate starts and freely flows naturally, just like the real world.

:bravo:

You seem to be getting it now.

Sometimes cultural differences and forced cohabitation are enough for racism to roam freely. The fact that humans have relatively short life-spans and due to inadequate learning doesn't help to inhibit the tension. Most of humans are simpletons who cannot think rationally about their hate... and even if they do they are quick to use the antagonisms to propell their own agenda e.g. Loredo.

Note that most humans would wish the other races species simply vanished from their habitations.

The problem is, due to human expansion dwarves and elves have nowhere to run to.

Gord

Arcane
UserNamer said:
I'm not saying that we should be racist and also I don't smell.
So says you.

UserNamer said:
I'm saying that in the real world racism is at least comprehensible, even if it is not noble or right. You don't need to think much to see why people would hate blacks, muslims, or jews.

You certainly need a pretty twisted and malicious logic.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Mrowak said:
The problem is, due to human expansion dwarves and elves have nowhere to run to.

That will change when the forces of Nilfgaard and united North of Temeria, Aedirn, Free Pontar, Kaedwen and Redania will clash. A giant battle will comence. The heavens will open for the horsemen of doom. The Wild Hunt will show it true form for they found their Elder Blood. A big monster will lead the hellish elven cavalry right between the fighting armies. Geralt will make a stand and stop the infighting for there is once more an enemy to fight united against. The armies will not win alone, so dragons which went <somewhere> will come back and save the day. Will Hunt will be defeated and Geralt once more will say: "Can nobody leave me the fuck alone? I just want to kill some monsters, get money, get laid, get some booze... fuck..."

Mrowak

Arcane
Havoc said:
Mrowak said:

That will change when the forces of Nilfgaard and united North of Temeria, Aedirn, Free Pontar, Kaedwen and Redania will clash. A giant battle will comence. The heavens will open for the horsemen of doom. The Wild Hunt will show it true form for they found their Elder Blood. A big monster will lead the hellish elven cavalry right between the fighting armies. Geralt will make a stand and stop the infighting for there is once more an enemy to fight united against. The armies will not win alone, so dragons which went <somewhere> will come back and save the day. Will Hunt will be defeated and Geralt once more will say: "Can nobody leave me the fuck alone? I just want to kill some monsters, get money, get laid, get some booze... fuck..."

:lol:

"Then suddenly"

:|

:/

*Flashback*

That will change when the forces of Nilfgaard and united North of Temeria, Aedirn, Free Pontar, Kaedwen and Redania will clash. A giant battle will comence.

The heavens will open...

world_of_warcraft_050905.jpg

...for the horsemen of doom. The Wild Hunt will show it true form for they found their Elder Blood.

600full-world-of-warcraft-artwork.jpg

Geralt will make a stand...

world_warcraft_darmo_3500266.jpg

...and stop the infighting for there is once more an enemy to fight united...
world-of-warcraft.jpg

...against.

600full-world-of-warcraft-artwork.jpg

The armies will not win alone, so dragons which went <somewhere> will come back and save the day.

wow-7.jpg

Will Hunt will be defeated and Geralt once more will say: "Can nobody leave me the fuck alone? I just want to kill some monsters, get money, get laid, get some booze... fuck..."

947.jpg

:retarded:

noooooooo.jpg

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
:decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline:

made

Arcane
Just finished the game. Don't really get the complaints about the ending. It was quite satisfying, most open questions answered, and you can
share some booze with the main antagonist like true bros and just let him go his way
pretty cool if you ask me.

Oh, and lolz:
uBXa1.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
I guessing its because we hear a lot more of them than we see, but I can't help but be VERY intrigued with the Empire. Do the books have more information on them?

Mrowak

Arcane
anus_pounder said:
I guessing its because we hear a lot more of them than we see, but I can't help but be VERY intrigued with the Empire. Do the books have more information on them?

Oh yes, they do. A huge portion of action takes place within the borders of the empire, though only small piece of it is presented. Also, as you might have already surmised there's history between Geralt and the emperor, pretty much in the way it was between Geralt and

...Foltest. They did have conflicting goals thorough most of the novels, however.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Mrowak, if they show it in great detail, it will not suck like Warcraft 3 and WoW.

If I want it to end like this? Dunno. I didn't think you could not kill Letho. Bah! I didn't think Letho was such a :bro:. So I'm going to wait for TW3 or expansions with a smile. Let's hope that smile will stay.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Letho was awesome. I like characters with deceiving looks.

I didn't kill Letho either, no reason to kill our Witcher bros, and he did spare Geralt back on Flotsam so it was like returning a favor.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Yea... but Foltest! :(

They have to ressurect him somehow or at least the voice actor*.

*Nice he did: Diego, Lares, Dexter and Farim in Gothic 3: NotR.

MapMan

Arcane
Just finished my first playthought. Two thumbs up. Will definately play again to see how different choices will change the game. There should be a graph (in form of a tree?) at the end showing what you've done and what you could've do. Actually, its a pretty neat idea for a web application. You upload you save, it analyzes it and draws a decision graph.

Edit: Can anyone explain me whats with the operator fight? His drops were completely useless and basically at the very end of the game.

dr. one

Augur
MapMan said:
Edit: Can anyone explain me whats with the operator fight? His drops were completely useless and basically at the very end of the game.
matter of honor obvs,
Geralt doesn´t need no stinkin´ respec

UserNamer

Cipher
I just realized that if you Force Push an enemy into a stack of weapons (in the scenery) you instakill him.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....mmm any tips on fighting the shield guy?
I kept rolling and waiting for an opportunity. Aard does drop his guard, but vigor cost is a bitch.

Also, trying VERY hard not to abuse Quen.

UserNamer

Cipher
Mrowak said:
UserNamer said:
I don't get why humans hate non humans.Maybe it's just because when different races are forced to cohabit, hate starts and freely flows naturally, just like the real world.

:bravo:

You seem to be getting it now.

Sometimes cultural differences and forced cohabitation are enough for racism to roam freely. The fact that humans have relatively short life-spans and due to inadequate learning doesn't help to inhibit the tension. Most of humans are simpletons who cannot think rationally about their hate... and even if they do they are quick to use the antagonisms to propell their own agenda e.g. Loredo.

Note that most humans would wish the other races species simply vanished from their habitations.

Yes.

But if you think about the real life, what contributes toward xenophobia is the sheer difference between the cultures and how people act. Think how different and weird Italians and Irish looked to the American Citizen, for example. Or think about muslim in europe and their weird religious practices, like slaying goats or killing your adulterous daughter or chanting shit while praying in direction of the mecca 10 times a day during ramadan.

So I would have loved if the game managed to somehow convey to sense of weirdness and alienation when you explored nonhuman districts and what not, showing the non human behaving with distinct differences in respect to human, having weird rituals and what not.

Am I making myself clear? Even if you do not subscribe to niggerdeath ideals, you must be getting what I am saying in regard of the feeling of alienation you can get from a different culture, and that it would be cool if games would convey that.

But then maybe the tensions in the witcher 2 started just because human expansionism and nonhumans gettingfuckedintheassionism, so there is that too to consider.

UserNamer

Cipher
RK47 said:
I kept rolling and waiting for an opportunity. Aard does drop his guard, but vigor cost is a bitch.

try rolling in the direction of his shield when he attacks

FatCat

Educated
RK47 said:

Fast strike when he lifts his sword , fallowed by 2 heavy strikes.Rinse and repeat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom