Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
When I have this adrenaline-ability from the warrior tree (which insta-kills things) and then also get the mage-ability (timestop), what happens if I press X? Seems like he's casting timestop then. How to switch between both abilities?

abija

Prophet
No way to choose, but for alchemy one and warrior they both work at same time. Warrior one fails to trigger on some enemies though, had the problem mostly on the Operator gargs.

I had no problems with dragon even on hard, seemed way to easy for me. Had him at like 30% when I got up, then hit him a bit more and that was it. (had to reload 4 times the autosave though because Geralt refused to climb)
Might be a glitch in the script since I saw a lot of people complaining about it.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
VentilatorOfDoom said:
When I have this adrenaline-ability from the warrior tree (which insta-kills things) and then also get the mage-ability (timestop), what happens if I press X? Seems like he's casting timestop then. How to switch between both abilities?

They both get activated at the same time. The swordsman skill does not work on bosses, though.

Black_Willow

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
hai guise how do I keal teh dargon?

At first - right mouse button
Then - you go across the bridge (down arrow)
Then - right mouse button when the game tells you to press it (this one is tricky, tried it a couple of times), and when your done doging dragon fire - walk down
When you reach the gate - RMB for the last time

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll try the running away from dragon part again later today when I get home. Hope I'll manage it this time. Also, I hate how I have to re-watch the dragon attack cutscene every time I retry :decline:

Angthoron

Arcane
You can also disable QTEs and ignore the whole thing. At least in my version of events, running across the bridge happened more or less on autorun, for which, it seems, I should be grateful.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I honestly dont't want to offend anyone, but you have to have pretty crappy reflexes to fail that QTE with the dragon. In fact, every QTE in the Withcer 2 is piss easy, there are far more difficult ones in other games.

UserNamer

Cipher
I am playing and being entertained by this game, I just started chapter 2.

A reflection on the setting. Why are people so racist? I mean why do the humans hate dwarfs and elves? They seem ok race frankly. The racism is so exagerated and unbelievable if you think about it. I mean take the real world. People may be racist towards niggers because they smell and are violent and have contributed nothing to the world. People could be racist towards muslims because they are stupid, they smell and are more violent than niggers and they dress in a absolutely retarded way.

But what the fuck is the problem with elves? They look good and they built impressive cities in the past, and they appear to be civilized (not like for example niggers or muslims). Same for dwarves, they look cute and seem to be useful.

But I like how the game deals with sex relations, there are plenty of kick ass women but they are seen as rarities, and the game doesn't go out of his way to explain that women are absolutely all the time equal to men like bioware games or fallout new vegas

UserNamer

Cipher
I just realized that probably the humans represents the niggers and the muslims... they have no fucking reason to hate us, yet they do. Plus we are more beautiful than them and built impressive civilizations in the past, and they are going to destroy them. Yeah it make more sense if you substitute the humans with niggers and\or muslims.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
UserNamer said:
I mean take the real world. People may be racist towards niggers because they smell and are violent and have contributed nothing to the world. People could be racist towards muslims because they are stupid, they smell and are more violent than niggers and they dress in a absolutely retarded way.
The world should also be racist toward you. You smell and haven't contributed anything to the world. :smug:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
UserNamer said:
The racism is so exagerated and unbelievable if you think about it. I mean take the real world.

Kwanzanian detected. Do take the real world. But some 700 years ago. Substitute Joos for dwarves and Moorish Muslims for elves and you're all set. Hell, take the real world some 70 fucking years ago. You know, when all that business with Hitler happened? See? Knowing history doesn't hurt...

ChristofferC

Magister
Wait, people have trouble with the dragon QTE?? You don't even need to have any reflexes at all because you have eons of time to press the correct button... Or maybe the QTEs get harder on hard difficulty? I play on medium.

Well there's certainly not a single difficult QTE in the entire game if you turn off "Difficult QTEs". I never played on lower than Hard. And since we all know QTEs are shit there's no reason for not turning them off. People who keep them on and bitch about it deserve what they get.

Angthoron

Arcane
I just held the button in direction of where to go and that's about it. When dragon was meant to breathe, Geralt automatically hid his ass.

Monocause

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Well, I seem to have probs with the running, the dragon always catches me.

You need to correct your path. Geralt slightly leans to the side because he's holding Foltest - if you're just holding "S" all the time you're probably walking into the wall which slows you down.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wow. OK. Just finished the 4 flashback tutorials.

1. OK Quen was useful, until I realized that there's no vigor regen. so it's better to just block and counter if you're facing 1-2. Signs are really toned down, I might as well just use it to parry in tutorial...or risk dying. Or getting motion sickness from repeated rolls.

2. They want to fix the QTE prompts by making it bigger, I got lucky and went past the running from dragon part with no problems, but those button prompts are really wayyy to small on high res.

3. Don't like the loot system at all. It felt like a chore picking up those little pouches after killing a grp. Since it took 5-6 seconds of non-combat before Geralt can actually loot, I decided to just ignore them altogether. Wonder if it'll bite me on the ass in later game.

4. Save imported..and started with less than what I had. 400 gold only? Hmm.

5. Overall yeah, it's tough but manageable. I attempted that infamous courtyard encounter and cleared it once, it got tense with the heavy greatsword soldier in the end, but nothing a full vigor bar and 2 parry counters don't solve.

6. Oh, minor gripe: They need to fix the shield soldier hit box..there are many times when I felt the soldier missed the shield bash after I rolled away, and I decided to do a quick poke on his back...but somehow the attack would get deflected, opening Geralt for a counter. It's almost like he's got more than 180 degree coverage there...felt off.

7. Overall. Good game. Not traditional by any means, but challenging and fun enough.

UserNamer

Cipher
J_C said:
UserNamer said:
I mean take the real world. People may be racist towards niggers because they smell and are violent and have contributed nothing to the world. People could be racist towards muslims because they are stupid, they smell and are more violent than niggers and they dress in a absolutely retarded way.
The world should also be racist toward you. You smell and haven't contributed anything to the world. :smug:

I'm not saying that we should be racist and also I don't smell. I'm saying that in the real world racism is at least comprehensible, even if it is not noble or right. You don't need to think much to see why people would hate blacks, muslims, or jews. In the witcher it seems completely arbitrary.

flushfire

Augur
J_C said:
I honestly dont't want to offend anyone, but you have to have pretty crappy reflexes to fail that QTE with the dragon. In fact, every QTE in the Withcer 2 is piss easy, there are far more difficult ones in other games.
I still actively play local CS/DotA tourneys and also SF3's a while back so I'm pretty sure my reflexes are at least average. I died in that sequence more than once on hard. Not sure if there's any difference vs other difficulty levels, but it wasn't clicking RMB on time that killed me but running. First time I thought I should change the view to face where I was running. 2nd time I thought running down and RMB were enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom