Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Excidium said:
Commie, why are you so passionate about The Witcher 2?

Good always needs a champion. ;)

Seriously though, it hits a sweet spot in the ARPG genre linking combat, exploration, authenticity, c&c, storyfagness, graphics(not afraid to admit it, it is an ARPG after all) all in all that no other ARPG for mine has done before. Sure some do combat better, others have better exploration, the game certainly is not without flaws....BUT I'm not going to retardedly compare it to some ideal game that doesn't exist. Like this you could never enjoy anything. I WILL compare it though to Gothic, Risen, Divinity 2, Two Worlds, ME, DA 2, Fable and other games with such elements that are not strictly as narrowly defined like KOTOR, JE with a semi TB style of combat and others like the TES games even. In such company I struggle to find anything with the completeness that TW2 achieves. There are MANY things I'd like fixed or added for TW3, but as it stands, there are just as many flaws or more in any of the other games in this category.

Yes it's my opinion, but that's the point isn't it? People should like or dislike stuff based on their own feelings, preferences, biases and NOT on what someone else tells you. I love this game, I'm not afraid to say it, so what? Doesn't mean I don't love Gothic/Risen, in many ways more so, but overall TW2 has finally taken that crown I had reserved for them.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
k, bros, I just got past the first part of act 2 and I'm dying to know whether this was some cool C&C or some Biowarian shite.

The part where you play as a king, walking like a slug to meet some Aedirn delegation. I noticed that you can choose to fight the dragonslayer chick, so I thought to myself, "What if I lose on purpose, cause I hate this faggot?" To my surprise, just before I died, cutscene mode kicked in and some kind of zombie apocalypse started.

So does the same thing happen if you win the fight?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Reject_666_6 said:
Yes, but

The story on chapter 2 probably changes, because that dude is an important NPC of the main quest on Iorveth's side.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Excidium said:
Reject_666_6 said:
Yes, but

The story on chapter 2 probably changes, because that dude is an important NPC of the main quest on Iorveth's side.

I think he means Henselt - you get to play him in Roche's path.

The instance you picked Reject, is one of the letdowns

- whether you play as Aerdinian prince Stennis or Henselt, whether you win or lose it always ends up the same... save for the fact in Henselt's route you fight Saskia whereas on Iorveth's you battle Henselt as Stennis - complete inconsequence on their part. How could your choices from ch1 change how the scene plays out, I don't even. The ghosts always get summoned, no matter what.

On the other hand, the whole chapter 2 does play out very differently depending on which side you aided - different location of the main quest hub, different quests, different main story, different set of outcomes of the whole chapter etc.

Mrowak

Arcane
Futile Rhetoric said:
Mrowak said:
Gerrard said:
Black said:
Havoc said:
While I was surfing the net for something funny, I went to ThatGuyWithoutBalls, to see some DistressedWatcher/TheAmazingAtheist clips. I saw BlisteredThumbs and wondered if they had something about TW2.
Checked their site and only Benzaie (the French guy and I think the only intelligent of the bunch there) had something. 5 seconds:
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/05/ ... 5-seconds/

What is that weeeaboo icon next to the Witcher 2?
リアル彼女

Real She...? I don't know if I want to learn WTF the things is about.
Real Girlfriend.

:retarded:

Sweet mother of... Can japs get more pathetic than that? A dating sim for (at least thereotically) males? :dizzy:
Is this what Bioware is aiming for?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
That would be pretty cool if you could beat her.

:lol: @ 3:47.
Mrowak said:
Excidium said:
Reject_666_6 said:
Yes, but

I think he means Henselt - you get to play him in Roche's path.
My mistake. Didn't know you control a different character depending on your path. :oops:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok Bros, tell me something. Depending on the path you choose at the end of Chapter 1 (Iorveth or Roche) how big is the difference in Chapter 2? The whole chapter plays out differently, in a different place? And is there a similar thing in Chapter 3?

Data4

Arcane
Mrowak said:
Futile Rhetoric said:
Mrowak said:
Gerrard said:
Black said:
Havoc said:
While I was surfing the net for something funny, I went to ThatGuyWithoutBalls, to see some DistressedWatcher/TheAmazingAtheist clips. I saw BlisteredThumbs and wondered if they had something about TW2.
Checked their site and only Benzaie (the French guy and I think the only intelligent of the bunch there) had something. 5 seconds:
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/05/ ... 5-seconds/

What is that weeeaboo icon next to the Witcher 2?
リアル彼女

Real She...? I don't know if I want to learn WTF the things is about.
Real Girlfriend.

:retarded:

Sweet mother of... Can japs get more pathetic than that? A dating sim for (at least thereotically) males? :dizzy:

I know. This has got to be one of the most embarrassingly pathetic things I've ever seen for the PC. Pandering to the stereotype that computer nerds are :foreveralone:. Absolutely disgusting.

Someone needs to LP this ASAP. :smug:

anus_pounder

Arcane
Chapter 2 definitely has a big change. The main hub of chapter2 and the quests (and in turn, the story of Chapter 3 to an extent) change depending on your chosen path. Chapter 3 takes place in the same city, however.

Also, about Chapter 2,

does killing or sparing Henselt make any big difference in chapter 2?
[/list][/code]

Data4

Arcane
J_C said:
Ok Bros, tell me something. Depending on the path you choose at the end of Chapter 1 (Iorveth or Roche) how big is the difference in Chapter 2? The whole chapter plays out differently, in a different place? And is there a similar thing in Chapter 3?

Chapter 2 takes place in the Pontar Valley with each side taking up a position opposite eachother, separated by a cursed battlefield from the war that happened 3 years ago. One side is set in the dwarven city of Vergen and surrounding areas, while the other is set in a large encampment of Henselt's forces. Playing the Iorveth/ Scoia'tael side, there's one quest that sends you to the other side to infiltrate Henselt's camp. Not sure if you do something similar if you side with Roche.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Data4 said:
J_C said:

Chapter 2 takes place in the Pontar Valley with each side taking up a position opposite eachother, separated by a cursed battlefield from the war that happened 3 years ago. One side is set in the dwarven city of Vergen and surrounding areas, while the other is set in a large encampment of Henselt's forces. Playing the Iorveth/ Scoia'tael side, there's one quest that sends you to the other side to infiltrate Henselt's camp. Not sure if you do something similar if you side with Roche.

Yes, there is.

Another thing. The fact that you control different characters in the beginning of chapter 2 is a sign which side will win. You go Roche, Henselt. You go Iorveth, Saskia.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks. It seems I have to start another playthrough immediately after finishing the game. :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Darth Roxor said:
Sigh. This game is deliberately trolling me.

I tried one more thing I didn't do: I changed the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1024x768

AND BY JOVE IT WORKED...

... for an hour or so. BUT! It worked p much six times longer than usually and it didn't freeze the system, just graphical glitches started appearing. So I guess that's an improvement...

How the fuck does lowering the resolution have anything to do with this? Don't. Ask. Me. I have no bloody idea.
How much memory do You have on the card? I've read reports of glitches and hangups when the game runs out of video memory. Lowering texture size / resolution should result in less memory being used, so that would make sense somewhat.

Angthoron

Arcane
Maybe some part of your hardware is fucked? Or the PSU isn't handling higher load on the card?

made

Arcane
Black said:
Have you tried restarting your PC, Roxor?
I can confirm that this method solves 9 out of 10 of my PC problems. Try it, Roxor, TW2 is worth it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
P. awesome game, and I love all the extra content in the box :love:

But :x :x :x :rage: :rage:

BLOOD OF HIS BLOOD QUEST
THE DRAGON
THE FUCKING DRAGON

I've tried this about 10 times and always the dragon manages to kill me :x

Does this sequence become easier if you lower the difficulty? Because then I'll try it on easy instead of hard... why did they even put this shit in :x

Mrowak

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
BLOOD OF HIS BLOOD QUEST
THE DRAGON
THE FUCKING DRAGON
[/size]

You mean the sequence in the prologue or in

Act 3?

The former is easy if you use Quen. The latter is simply rage inducing :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom