Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BelisariuS.F said:
Mastermind said:
First I have to... do unnecessary stuff

Lol. Why did you do all of this? Just install the game, ignore the activation key, install the activation patch (it has been available for download since some days after the release) and install the latest patch.

Because I stupidly assumed the game was automatically downloading the necessary patches when in reality it was stuck in a loop downloading God knows what shit over and over and over. Anyway, it works now and the game is pretty good so most of my rage has subsided.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07 ... more-67493

RPS troll the codex and review the Witcher 2.

Kieron: The Witcher 2 is a role-playing game, of course, you big ninny, sequel to the successful previous game, it’s a single-character game – so you only control Mr Witcher. But it’s main “things” are the moral tone (generally dubious) and the wide available choices (generally general).

Jim: What about that dude in the RPS comments who says that anything that isn’t a turn-based RPG from 1987 isn’t an RPG?

Kieron: That guy in the comments thread is basically a spam-bot from RPG codex. It’s not a real person.

Jim: That makes sense.

Richard: Anyone who says that clearly used Intelligence as their dump stat. Yeah. You just got +2 burned…

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
When do I get access to skills from the sword/alchemy/magic trees? This game plays more like an action adventure than a real RPG so far.

Phelot

Arcane
I was replaying Chapter 2 siding with Iorveth. Fucking BROche. Even when you don't side with him this mother fucker shows up to save you. One of the best characters ever. Too bad he's in an otherwise terrible game. Yeah, I said it.

BROche

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Who the fuck was that elven hoe at the end of chapter 1 and who was that elven guy that got the kid?

Was that just a random encounter or did anyone reference them somewhere, but I sure as hell didn't meet the elven dude (Seherim was the name?) in Flotsam, yet Gerald is all like 'let's give the child to Seherim, lol!'

:dizzy:

Also, let me guess, whether you fight or not with the dragonslaying lady as Henselt at the start of chapter 2 changes nothing, right? :M

Also: tw1tcher > 2witcher

FatCat

Educated
phelot said:
I was replaying Chapter 2 siding with Iorveth. Fucking BROche. Even when you don't side with him this mother fucker shows up to save you. One of the best characters ever. Too bad he's in an otherwise terrible game. Yeah, I said it.

BROche

Indeed Iorveth is badass and it's even better that he is in such a spectacular game.I hope to see him in TW3.

Darth Roxor said:
Who the fuck was that elven hoe at the end of chapter 1 and who was that elven guy that got the kid?

Was that just a random encounter or did anyone reference them somewhere, but I sure as hell didn't meet the elven dude (Seherim was the name?) in Flotsam, yet Gerald is all like 'let's give the child to Seherim, lol!'

:dizzy:

Also, let me guess, whether you fight or not with the dragonslaying lady as Henselt at the start of chapter 2 changes nothing, right? :M

Also: tw1tcher > 2witcher

Elven hoe is Seherim's woman that was taken by mayor.He was still waiting for his lover for a ~year after her disappearance , which i guess means he loves her.Geralt didn't see better choice , would you rather throw baby into the water ? or give it to someone who has/had no connection to baby's mother what so ever?

No fight changes nothing , it's interactive cutscene.Why would it need to change anything ? Who the fuck cares , it wasn't fight to death.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
FatCat said:
Elven hoe is Seherim's woman that was taken by mayor.He was still waiting for his lover for a ~year after her disappearance , which i guess means he loves her.Geralt didn't see better choice , would you rather throw baby into the water ?

My point is I never met the dude, but suddenly Gerald pulls him out of his arse, and I'm like 'lolwut'.

No fight changes nothing , it's interactive cutscene.Why would it need to change anything ? Who the fuck cares , it wasn't fight to death.

Popamole :rpgcodex:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Darth Roxor said:
FatCat said:
Elven hoe is Seherim's woman that was taken by mayor.He was still waiting for his lover for a ~year after her disappearance , which i guess means he loves her.Geralt didn't see better choice , would you rather throw baby into the water ?

My point is I never met the dude, but suddenly Gerald pulls him out of his arse, and I'm like 'lolwut'.

You did. The first time you visit the Old Elf. They both talk about her. You know who he is, but can't talk to him about it.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ric-02.png

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Havoc said:
You did. The first time you visit the Old Elf. They both talk about her. You know who he is, but can't talk to him about it.

I see. Oh well, maybe that's the case then, my memory is faulty, since I've been at that place in may :M

Speaking of which, it took me three months to finish chapter 1, omg it's so long :M :M :M

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
made said:
Oh to be young again and play TW2 for the first time. What a classic.

I still can't even bring myself to finish it, so I hope you're trolling.

And yes, Witcher 1 > Witcher 2. The first one was an enjoyable adventure, at least, the second one is just meh, all shiny but no substance and no reason to care.

corvus

Arcane
I liked the first game's overall story too, at least until they threw the mindless mutants and diabolical mage plot at me. They should've just kept the Order as the primary goons of the Grandmaster. I get that they might've wanted to present the Order in a more sympathetic light, being used by that dick Jacques and all that. But there must've been a better way to do that instead of shoving a completely unrelateable and unlikeable foe into the story.

The second game feels more like an action flick I can see Harrison Ford starring in. "Who killed the king?! Who do you work for?! Where's my family-I mean, love interest!" But at least Harrison Ford would show a lot more charisma than Geralt.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
phelot said:

BROche

Roche is a dipshit. I wish I could've killed him.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Mastermind said:
phelot said:

BROche

Iorveth is a douche. BROche is awesome and I sided with him till the end.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
JarlFrank said:
Mastermind said:
phelot said:

BROche

Iorveth is a douche. BROche is awesome and I sided with him till the end.

I'm not in camp Iorveth. Iorveth's a dipshit too. I only sided with him because I wanted to get Triss. However, for all his douchebaggery, at least Iorveth didn't wreck a perfectly good plan to kill Letho, forcing me into a shitty one on one fight where I beat letho with great difficultyspammed grapeshot just to lose the fight in a cutscene. :x

Also, seriously, fuck these cutscenes. I killed a couple of guards because they look at me the wrong way and the next time I go out I have the choice to either pay money or die in a fucking cutscene. This game makes me want to reinstall Oblivion.

Phelot

Arcane
The cutscenes do ruin shit.

Iorveth is just retarded. One second he's this big time racist dude and then suddenly he's all buddy buddy with humans, getting involved with that noble that poisoned Saskia and all. Makes no sense. Just a character to fill story holes it seems. BROche on the other hand. Actually, I don't even know what the fuck he's trying to accomplish but he is a bro that saves you all the time for some reason. Still waiting for the BROche and Geralt erotic fan art.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Probably the most ridiculous thing about those insta-death cutscenes, is that you can go on and slaughter 5 armed to the teeth dudes with ease, but suddenly 3 archers are too much for you to handle.

Leonard DeVir

Educated
Weirdly, no. But Ive just searched for 5 minutes, or so.

Geralt will be shot by three arrows without you seeing who shot. Happens if you attack the city guard and refuse to pay a fine later on. Basically its *zip and hit* x3, Geralt flinches each time he is hit, and then sinks to the floor, dead.

But really, its so stupid that he isnt able to do anything, even with the "deflect arrows" skill :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom