Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
phelot said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
One word - "Hangover". This quest was so Polish, I rate it:

: x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x /10

It took the game to a whole different level for me, then again I'm Polish.

Is that the one of the drunk soldier you need to get that coin from?

TBH, I was desperate to get that moron to stop screaming "ORIN HERE BOEEEEY!" over and over and over again. I don't know what it sounded like in Polish, but man was that annoying.

The quest itself was fun, but I normally don't like it when you have to babysit characters that long.

Nope, hangover happens in Act 1 if you decide to have a drink with the Blue Stripes. Crossing the river astride whores indeed :smug:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It's a quest where our hero gets shitfaced with the special-forces. Awesomeness ensues.

"Na kurwich dupach przepłyniemy rzekę!"

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
WhiskeyWolf said:
It's a quest where our hero gets shitfaced with the special-forces. Awesomeness ensues.

"Na kurwich dupach przepłyniemy rzekę!"

:tearofapatriot:

Moments like this were vastly superior in the Polish version. :salute:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Admiral jimbob said:
Plus, Letho was a bro in the end.
What did you do in chapter 3? Help Triss or help Iorveth/Roche? Because I only had any thoughts of letting Letho go if I helped Iorveth/Roche
Because then Letho saves Triss for me, which sort of redeems him for kidnapping her resulting in her getting tortured by the Nilfgaardians
Otherwise he is still an asshole who hurt Geralt's friend and stood by as she was tortured, even if he did help you out in the past.
Then there is his brutal turn on elves who weren't expecting it, and he fucked up with Yennefer (though maybe she is not in as deep shit as I think she is in Nilfgaard, yet to be seen).

Antihero

Liturgist
Either way, letting Letho go was more satisfying if only because if you choose to fight him, you're too overpowered at that stage and it's no contest. And he did wait around around for you without the intent of fighting. It seemed like the closest neutral path choice there was, especially if
Letho did Nilfgaard's dirty work for the reward of refounding his witcher school, which hopefully wouldn't make him a "hired thug" anymore.

I don't see how killing him would really prove your innocence at that point anyway, presuming there are no more assassination attempts on other kings since he's accomplished what he set out to do. If anything, maybe you'd get a bigger reputation as a butcher. Roche should be able to at least vouch for you for whatever good it does.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
BelisariuS.F said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAgrKUKVVk (take note at 1:12).

Yeah, I've seen that before. I think it was originally broadcast during CDP Red Summer Conference. Wonder how often do they browse our pages?

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I killed Letho on both playthroughs out of principle. The witcher working as a hired assassin is a bad precedent. It had to be nipped in the bud.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game was $35 at eb games already so I picked it up. Installing as we speak.

edit: it was cheaper than DA2. Which was cheaper than ArcaniA. :troll:

:rage:

First I have to change my fonts back to default to input the activation key because potato cannot into programming. Then I have to uninstall my firewall because potato cannot into networking (not sure if the witcher broke it but it worked fine until now so it's a safe assumption). Now I have to wait for update after update (or maybe it's just the same one over and over again, hard to tell). I hate this game already and I haven't even played it yet. :x

Uninstalled this piece of shit after the full installation ended up corrupted by their shitty auto-patcher downloading the same fucking thing over and over and over (and wasting bandwidth i don't have thanks to retarded fucking caps). Gonna give it one more try. If it doesn't work I'm flying to poland and slam dunking the case down the lead programmer's asshole. Even Obshitian has the decency to let me run their games before corrupting my save or hitting me with a game breaking bug.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Uninstalled this piece of shit after the full installation ended up corrupted by their shitty auto-patcher downloading the same fucking thing over and over and over (and wasting bandwidth i don't have thanks to retarded fucking caps). Gonna give it one more try. If it doesn't work I'm flying to poland and slam dunking the case down the lead programmer's asshole. Even Obshitian has the decency to let me run their games before corrupting my save or hitting me with a game breaking bug.

As you well should :salute:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Finally got it working. Did they lower the difficulty in 1.1 or 1.2? The prologue doesn't seem that hard at all, though I stopped playing once i got to that part which gave an aneurysim to that prestigious gaming journalist.

Also, did I miss something or does this game not have the controls displayed anywhere? i couldn't find them in the manual and I couldn't find them in the options either so it was mostly guesswork figuring out which does what.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Mastermind said:
Also, did I miss something or does this game not have the controls displayed anywhere? i couldn't find them in the manual and I couldn't find them in the options either so it was mostly guesswork figuring out which does what.

It's a console game, bro, just plug your xbox controller in and you'll be having fun. :thumbsup:

Antihero

Liturgist
Launcher -> Options -> "Input Settings..." button.

But if you were looking for that inside the game itself, well, that would be too easy.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Black_Willow said:
Mastermind said:
Finally got it working. Did they lower the difficulty in 1.1 or 1.2?
Sadly, they did.
I think he was asking which one. It was 1.2:
A number of game balance fixes have been introduced in the Prologue.
It is also the one that added Geralt 'hitting' (they would get knocked back/interrupted but take no damage) multiple opponents and includes all the DLC's.

DraQ

Arcane
Antihero said:

But if you were looking for that inside the game itself, well, that would be too easy.
Sounds like an idea, actually. Putting all the options that could get accidentally fiddled with by a consoletard somewhere a consoletard can't reach.

Problem, Mastermind?
:smug:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, I can change the input settings all I want, but the game takes no notice of this. (This is still patch 1.2 here.)

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DraQ said:
Antihero said:

Sounds like an idea, actually. Putting all the options that could get accidentally fiddled with by a consoletardpollack somewhere a consoletardpollack can't reach.

Fixed.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Mastermind said:
First I have to... do unnecessary stuff

Lol. Why did you do all of this? Just install the game, ignore the activation key, install the activation patch (it has been available for download since some days after the release) and install the latest patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom