Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Black_Willow said:
only potatos are butthurt because everybod yhates there game
To me it actually seem the exact opposite, then again I'm a potato which automatically makes me guilty of fanboism.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Finished. I liked the choices, the dialogues. Will play again, to meet Filippa (I hope?) and Saskia. I disliked the "gather 4" aspect of the 2nd act and the tediousness of running around in that act, too. I don't like that I didn't really see the incentive for trying Alchemy since the signs work so well.

Heh, thanks to one of my choices a country will lose independence. Cool!

I don't understand one thing: what was Saskia's goal in
giving me the sword?

edit: also, why the hell can't I sort items by weight / worth / name?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Elwro said:
Finished. I liked the choices, the dialogues. Will play again, to meet Filippa (I hope?) and Saskia.

You'll meet both of them.

Elwro said:
I don't understand one thing: what was Saskia's goal in
giving me the sword?

Well, it might not be too apparent, as IIRC only one NPC mentions it, but
the mist is expanding and will engulf Vergen if the curse is not lifted
. Maybe that's Saskia's reason?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Elwro said:
Storyfag said:
but
OK, seems valid, thanks!

I recommend you play once more and go for Iorveth's path - you will learn a lost about Saskia's and Philippa's agendas.

Shame that so many endings advertised by CDP Red essentially come down to permutations of your choices - in reality there is only one ending and you are not even offered customary slides to summarise your efforts. They really dropped the ball there.

Elwro

Arcane
I will certainly replay the game, but I have to take a break for some time :D It's New Vegas DLC time for me now!

TW 2 ended a bit abruptly, I'd prefer the game not dumping all the info on me in the last conversation...

Mrowak

Arcane
Elwro said:
I will certainly replay the game, but I have to take a break for some time :D It's New Vegas DLC time for me now!

TW 2 ended a bit abruptly, I'd prefer the game not dumping all the info on me in the last conversation...

Yep, same here. Though what I really can't forgive the devs is that they dumped so much info about Geralt's past in the form of flashbacks. Instead of making it part of gameplay - investigating the mystery on your own - you simply are spoonfed info and supposed to be content with it. That was really weak, weaker even than the abrupt ending.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I'm finding it really hard to keep playing this game, for some reason. I am enjoying it - it's certainly not all I hoped for, even though I wasn't all that hyped - but it's really good fun and a solid 7/10 at least. But if I take a break for more than a day or so, I find myself leaving it a week or more before I pick it up again. Admittedly, I'm playing Wizardry 7 at the same time and finding it far more absorbing, but there's something about TW2 that just isn't clicking with me.

Currently at the "collect 4 MacGuffins we're Bioware really" part of Act 2, which isn't helping even though it's done a lot better and more organically than the stale, artificial "go to four entirely separate locations" formula other devs use.

Elzair

Cipher
I think this thread should have been titled: Dziennik Wiedźmin 2 Temat Impresje.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Finally got this game, god this is the worst inventory system I've ever seen especially considering you get junk/crafting materials from every box/barrel that appears, which there are a LOT of. Going to download some inventory mod when I get home tonight to play this some more.

Game itself is good, I'm liking how everything that appears to lead to a trap IS in fact a trap.

Elwro

Arcane
Thinkin more about the plot: I really don't understand
who the fuck the witcher-assassin in TW1 outro was

edit: don't collect the junk if you don't have a specific object to craft in mind.

I'm gradually playing my way through this game now.

My impression so far is that it's a decent game. To be honest with you, I thought the original Witcher was a shit game. This one seems to be improved in many ways. I find the combat to be somewhat good this time as opposed to the simon says horseshit in the original.

I don't know if it's just me but the difficultly curve in this game seems pretty fucked. If you put it on normal or harder the beginning of the game seems balls out hard and then gets progressively easier as you level up and such.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Sergiu64 said:
Finally got this game, god this is the worst inventory system I've ever seen especially considering you get junk/crafting materials from every box/barrel that appears, which there are a LOT of. Going to download some inventory mod when I get home tonight to play this some more.

The upcoming 1.3 Patch will supposedly add more tabs to the inventory system. Maybe this will help?

Elwro said:

Yeah, this was really disappointing. Unfortunately my input on the matter was ignored.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
George W. Kush said:
I don't know if it's just me but the difficultly curve in this game seems pretty fucked. If you put it on normal or harder the beginning of the game seems balls out hard and then gets progressively easier as you level up and such.

I kinda like that kind of stuff, makes me feel like my char really IS getting better from all the practice. Obviously not a good game for combatfags though.

Deleted member 7219

Storyfag said:
Sergiu64 said:

The upcoming 1.3 Patch will supposedly add more tabs to the inventory system. Maybe this will help?

Elwro said:

Yeah, this was really disappointing. Unfortunately my input on the matter was ignored.

The witcher in TW1 outro was one of the School of the Viper. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Elwro

Arcane
I thought
Letho said killing Foltest was his own idea
... and if so, this lack of communication would be weird. Apart from that - sure, the Viper school, OK.

Antihero

Liturgist
Elwro said:
edit: also, why the hell can't I sort items by weight / worth / name?

Your version must be lacking in much potato. But I modded that in plus a junk filter ages ago.

The upcoming 1.3 patch is almost sure to break it, but between now and then it'll do no harm and it's easy to remove. I'll just have to update it when the time comes. Would have been nicer if the UI had been more complete to begin with, but complaining only gets you so far.

The mirrors tab has a mediafire link so you don't need to register there because the file is more than two megs.

Storyfag said:
Well, it might not be too apparent, as IIRC only one NPC mentions it, but
I think you only really know the reason on the Iorveth path? At least I don't recall Zoltan or anybody being too clear about it on the Roche one, although somebody may have mentioned that reason in passing for all I know.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Antihero said:
I think you only really know the reason on the Iorveth path? At least I don't recall Zoltan or anybody being too clear about it on the Roche one, although somebody may have mentioned that reason in passing for all I know.
It is mentioned on the Roche path as well. Zyvik tells you about it, if I'm not mistaken. I think it is mentioned vaguely when talking to Saskia as well.

Mrowak

Arcane
Matt7895 said:
The witcher in TW1 outro was one of the School of the Viper. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

The School of Viper is in itself such a derp retcon I don't even. Plus, the name of the assassin from TW1 is never mentioned, even though you the two other guys accompanying Letho are referred to on numerous occassions.

Elwro

Arcane
And I'm pretty sure Letho says the plan was to kill Demawend first. So was he already dead at the time of TW1 outro? Or was the failed assassin a "different one from the Viper school" operating without Letho knowing about him?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really don't know how they are going to explain that first assassin. Mostly because it wasn't all Viper school Witchers who were hired, just Letho, Serrit and Auckes. Letho mentions that there are at least 2 Viper witchers on the path, and it seems to imply they know nothing about Letho's mission for Nilfgaard. Unless Nilfgaard hired another Viper assassin and didn't tell the other three (why?!). Maybe they will just retcon the viper medallion we saw on him and say Letho paid some guy to try to kill Foltest for them? I don't know what they were thinking by not allowing Geralt to ask Letho about it.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Rivmusique said:
Maybe they will just retcon the viper medallion we saw on him

Screens or it didn't happen. I watched the fucking outro 100 times just to spot the medallion. I didn't see one.

Rivmusique said:
and say Letho paid some guy to try to kill Foltest for them?

It can't be just "some guy". The assassin is identified to be a witcher by means of an autopsy...

Rivmusique said:
I don't know what they were thinking by not allowing Geralt to ask Letho about it.

Yep, that was derp :x

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Mrowak said:
Elwro said:

Yep, same here. Though what I really can't forgive the devs is that they dumped so much info about Geralt's past in the form of flashbacks. Instead of making it part of gameplay - investigating the mystery on your own - you simply are spoonfed info and supposed to be content with it. That was really weak, weaker even than the abrupt ending.
It's one of the symptoms of the main problem - in the Witcher 2 you're a spectator not an active participant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom