Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

Teepo

Scholar
Op is racist.

It would probably be more like "Officialna Witcherski Impressionii."

Monocause

Arcane
Teepo said:
Op is racist.

It would probably be more like "Officialna Witcherski Impressionii."

This has exactly the same amount of potato in potato as the OP's title.

More OT: fuck guys, there's a key to highlight loot and lootable objects. Use it.

made

Arcane
As yet another proof that TW2 talent trees are just flavor and alchemy is useless, some guy posted a vid of him 1/2-shotting bosses with an alchemy/swords build and tons of buffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79bGYLXgq-c

Despite its 'action RPG' cred, the Witcher 2 is still old school enough that proper preparation and character building are the surest path to making the game easy.

Alchemy / swords build, potions are Rook / Thunderbolt / Tiara / Swallow. 3x Greater Power Mutagens, 3x Madness Mutagens, 4x Power Mutagens = +30-53 base dmg.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
made said:
As yet another proof that TW2 talent trees are just flavor and alchemy is useless, some guy posted a vid of him 1/2-shotting bosses with an alchemy/swords build and tons of buffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79bGYLXgq-c
The argument was that you can beat the game without investing a single point and that improving skills makes you godlike (instead of giving you a fighting chance). I don't see how this video disproves it, unless you think killing endgame bosses in 2 hits is a sign of a good design.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
At the big decision point at the end of chapter 1. Felt like siding with Roche up to this point, and the fact that Iorveth has spent every conversation telling me how much he wants his hidden archers to shoot/torture me to death hasn't really endeared me to him. So while my mind's just about made up, might as well decide based on asking; for those who've played both routes, which is more fun?

Admiral jimbob said:
So while my mind's just about made up, might as well decide based on asking; for those who've played both routes, which is more fun?

Iorveth: better locations, better quantity and quality of characters, you see a lot more of the full story.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I finally finished the game, Iorveth's path, choosing to save Saskia, and leting Letho go because he's actually quite the bro, all things aside. I had my doubts about Iorveth, but he ends up as being quite the guy, and he pretty much becomes a friend as much as that dwarf fellow of yours, I cant seem to remember his name, or Dandelion.
Goddayum, this game was good, I felt pumped from start to finish. (maybe a bit less during the first half of chapter 1, it got dull for a while)
I only have a few questions:
1) What happens to Roche? After chapter 2, I don't get to see him anymore. I got a bit worried Henselt might've executed him for treason, it's a speculation I've read on the wiki i think. I was a bit surprised at how well he'd react upon seeing you in Henselt's camp during the 2nd chapter, and I now kinda hope he didn't get the gutters because of my actions.
2) The ending sequence, after the credits roll, I didn't quite get it (you see Geralt watching the ruins of Loc Muinne all by himself)
3)I wonder, had I chosen to help Adieu and the mercs during act 2, and kill of the she-troll, would he have helped me during the siege?
4) When the hell is Twicher 3 coming?
5) Are the tv-shows and movie any good? Are there english subs?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
1. If you choose Roche, you don't see Iorveth after chapter 2. So both of them are unkillable.
5. They are decent.

Suchy

Arcane
Decent?
Bro, the only worse fantasy shows I can think of are those Xena/Hercules turds. Not many to choose from though.

@Wulfstand
If you really want to watch that shit, then tv show > movie. The movie was just patched together from tv episodes and it didn't make any fucking sense. Expect rubber monsters, terrible cgi and bad directing.
Here, let me show you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQPp9UlG1A
The only decent thing about the show is the soundtrack.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Right... so I finally identified the cause that kept me from playing this game, and after updating bios and muthaboard drivers it seems to have worked. Managed to play it for an hour and a half, while normally it would crash after an hour tops (and usually after 10 minutes).

So I guess...

Expect a 2witcher review by the end of July :yeah:

made

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Expect a 2witcher review by the end of July
Too little, too late. Nobody cares at this point. I'll let you in on a secret:
Gra nie jest aż tak ekscytująca żeby się chciało o niej nonstop dyskutować.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Darth Roxor said:
made said:
Too little, too late. Nobody cares at this point.

I know :M

That's probably because the game is shit, amirite M:

Nah, it's just because it ain't that much shit - considering how much time we spend on the 'Dex discussing actually abysmal games.

Mind you, it ain't perfect either with all those reviewers giving it 10/10 or 9/10 terribly missing the mark.

I think the only fair review I read was by Brother None, and that would be a difficult piece to compete against, Roxor. :troll:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Suchy said:
Decent?
Bro, the only worse fantasy shows I can think of are those Xena/Hercules turds. Not many to choose from though.
You talking about the live action ones filmed in NZ?

Because that Kevin SorBRO Hercules is god-tier with Lucy "Sexy as fuck" Lawless Xena only slightly behind in quality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom