Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher Officialsky Witcherovda 2 Impressiovna Threadskaia

dr. one

Augur
Gerrard said:
Rivmusique said:
A better puzzle, imo, was the one to get to the Operator, it would have taken someone with a hell of a lot of patience to trial and error their way through that.
Actually, that was really shitty, because if you didn't write down (or take a screenshot) the words you need to say, you have no way of checking them later. They aren't in the journal, they aren't on the scroll, you can't repeat that dialogue.
You have the original string of the words in the inventory (Malget´s notes) and the dialogue in which the mage/smith tells you the correct order is repeatable.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Grunker said:
RK47 said:
Finished both paths.

I liked Iorveth's less...but it was well worth the 'hidden fact' that the player would not be uncover in the Roche run. It was a good piece. Something that never even crossed my mind in Roche's run.

It made me curious though, what qualifies as an unique ending? They claimed there are 11, but I barely see a difference in the finale. Kingslayer still appears, Triss alive.....okay maybe the fate of Roche & Iorveth will turn out differently...but what's the diff?

The conclusion at the meet will be vastly different, I know the much. Don't know much else, I'm afraid. Only played once.

The conclusion isn't that different as far as I know. The main thing:

If you decide to rescue Triss yourself (Roche or Iorveth path, doesn't matter) Shilard is killed and therefore Triss tries to accuse Sile of conspiring against the Kings by herself, is told to shut up and the new Council of mages is created. If you don't go for Triss, Shilard will be there and he will bring Letho out to tell everyone that Sile asked him to kill the Kings and the Council is not created (and everyone now hates mages even more). There are other minor things like Anais being a factor on Roches path etc.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
dr. one said:
Rivmusique said:
Right? Meh, probably just me missing something really obvious.
Kinda.
those I-IV books tell you what the 4 runes you´re extinguishing symbolize - animal, sky, art, time.
these four are also in some forms represented in the hints telling you the order.
for example, in
"Three field mice
Dance in a circle at dusk
Stars are like grain "
mice = animal, dance = art, at dusk = time, stars = sky, so the order is animal, art, time, sky.

made said:
He was spot-on though. If anything, the complaint should be that this is pretty much the only quest of that kind in the entire game.
Baltimore´s Nightmare was pretty good.

Hmm that's actually quite interesting I guess, wish I was forced to learn it instead of brute forcing it with trial and error (and writing down the order for future playthoughs). Baltimore's Nightmare was weird for me, I had already noticed the rocks with signs on them so that let me skip the first half of the directions he left :( .

Suchy

Arcane
On the voiceovers...
My first playthrough was in Polish, now I'm finishing chapter 2 in English.
I think it's a mixed bag, both versions have their pros and cons.

To generalize a bit:

Geralt PL > UK
Roche PL < UK
Iorveth PL < UK
Triss PL < UK
Ves PL > UK
Peasants, soldiers PL > UK
Dwarves PL < UK
Foltest PL > UK
Letho PL > UK
Other characters are mostly on similar level, imo it's a draw.

FatCat

Educated
Suchy said:
Geralt PL > UK
Roche PL < UK
Iorveth PL < UK
Triss PL < UK
Ves PL > UK
Dwarves PL < UK
Foltest PL < UK
Letho PL < UK
Other characters are mostly on similar level, but UK is a bit better.

Fixed , imo Foltest sound like some common commander in Polish but in English he just gives you that wibe of a King.Letho in English sound big and old , while in Polish id say voice doesn't suit him at all.

+ for some reason (it might be only me) but English VO is of higher recording quality than Polish.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hahah. Shit. I should not have patched it to 1.2
A bunch of overpowered items to make the early game a breeze...people actually pay for this shit at Bioware's?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
RK47 said:
A bunch of overpowered items to make the early game a breeze...people actually pay for this shit at Bioware's?

The worst part is how it all reappears in your inventory (sometimes even equipped) at the start of each section of the prologue even if you delete it. Have to wait for Chapter 1 until it all can be permanently deleted. (Mysterious Merchant Chapter 2 is also quite imbalanced as well with cheap but powerful weapons/armor, though that's easy to avoid I guess).

dr. one

Augur
Rivmusique said:
Hmm that's actually quite interesting I guess, wish I was forced to learn it instead of brute forcing it with trial and error (and writing down the order for future playthoughs).
On my second playthrough one or more orders were different.
There seems to be a pool of 6 different variants and the game chooses them either randomly in the beginning of the chapter or based on previous choice(s).

RK47 said:
Adding those DLCs in the patch in this manner was idiotic.
The items are presented as an integral part of the game and, at least for first time players, they´re likely to botch already not exactly stellar item progression. Roche jacket obsoletes Raven´s armor right at the start and those gloves and trousers are pretty much the best items in their categories, at least till chapter 3.
Since one can´t really get rid of´em till the chapter 1, it´s best to just remove the respective dzips (and store them somewhere just for the case the next patch will count on their presence).
Hopefully this does not foreshadow future CDProjekt´s dealings with game balance issues.

RK47

Patron
OK. if they just plan a remake of TW 1 Super Witcher Elite Platinum Edition with TW 2 combat and graphics overhaul plus a Platinum Potato Figurine inside the box, I'd be all over it.

There's just something off about TW 1 combat now that I revisited it for a Scoia'tel save export.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
RK47 said:
OK. if they just plan a remake of TW 1 Super Witcher Elite Platinum Edition with TW 2 combat and graphics overhaul plus a Platinum Potato Figurine inside the box, I'd be all over it.

There's just something off about TW 1 combat now that I revisited it for a Scoia'tel save export.

Witcher 1 with FCR or Flash mod was a better combat experience in my opinion (still not ideal by any means). Witcher 2 is just arcade-y gamepad based crap.

Exmit

Scholar
Twitcher belongs in general gaming not in gRPG.
Thread needs to be moved.

MasPingon

Arcane
Suchy said:
On the voiceovers...

To generalize a bit:

Geralt PL < UK (a lot better in UK version)
Roche PL < UK
Iorveth PL < UK
Triss PL < UK
Ves PL < UK
Dwarves PL < UK
Foltest PL < UK
Letho PL < UK

fixed

RK47

Patron
Rivmusique said:
RK47 said:

Witcher 1 with FCR or Flash mod was a better combat experience in my opinion (still not ideal by any means). Witcher 2 is just arcade-y gamepad based crap.

I'll take your word for it.

*Downloading*

Edit: Gotta be joking man, Savola fight in Tutorial on 'Normal' difficulty seems nigh invincible. By the time I killed the 4 minions that was maintaining his shield, Geralt is already at 20% HP. Since Savola casts spells, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do except pray I click fast enough to kill his 4 minions.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
RK47 said:

*Downloading*

Edit: Gotta be joking man, Savola fight in Tutorial on 'Normal' difficulty seems nigh invincible. By the time I killed the 4 minions that was maintaining his shield, Geralt is already at 20% HP. Since Savola casts spells, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do except pray I click fast enough to kill his 4 minions.

Yes unfortunately the start of FCR (up until the end of chapter 1) is pretty much hope Geralt dodges. By then however, combat is just a lot more tactical, involving using sidesteps to maneuver to keep enemies from getting behind you and using signs at ideal moments. Also remember when it comes to leveling, Dodge/Parry is king.

Savola fight:

Use Aard on Savola at the start to pushback when he starts casting, kill the four with fast style than go to town on Savola (cant remember what style is most effective) and hope you get some dodges. This is the strategy I go with when I play, there is probably a better one out there somewhere though.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Rivmusique said:
RK47 said:

*Downloading*

Yes unfortunately the start of FCR (up until the end of chapter 1) is pretty much hope Geralt dodges. By then however, combat is just a lot more tactical, involving using sidesteps to maneuver to keep enemies from getting behind you and using signs at ideal moments. Also remember when it comes to leveling, Dodge/Parry is king.

Savola fight:

Use Aard on Savola at the start to pushback when he starts casting, kill the four with fast style than go to town on Savola (cant remember what style is most effective) and hope you get some dodges. This is the strategy I go with when I play, there is probably a better one out there somewhere though.

Do as the man tells you.

What difficulty level are you playing on RK47? You might want to start with the lowest one for the prologue. You can change it later by buying potions of difficulty at alchemist's.

Btw, you call the fight with Savola difficult? Try fighting frightener.

RK47

Patron
:lol:

I give up. I'm on Normal difficulty and it seems like by the time I finished off the 4 minions, Savola would already dropped Geralt to 20% HP...and 0% Stamina...not a chance for a come back. I even doubt Swallow did jack shit. I'm going to try again later...at lowered difficulty.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
This can't be that hard, just use the potions you have and use group style until savola is alone. You're probably clicking wrongly. You need to click when you're supposed to (see cursor).

Could just reload an earlier save and talk him into one on one, or skip the combat entirely. To be honest I'm finding it quite frustrating when I have 6 nekkers all around me at once, so much so that I only play the game in 20 minute bursts, I wish group style was back. From what I've seen, easy is *much* more forgiving, you can barely get your health down by 50% even if you were trying.

RK47

Patron
Well, Satori, there is a group style in Witcher 2, It's called bombs. :)

Ok lowering to easy...here we go....

*Loads up Witcha 1*

Oh FFS, Savola's dead. The trick here is to play the game from overhead cam, not the OTS cam. I simply can't swing the camera and click the other minions in time while using the over the shoulder perspective.

Of course...after the long ass cutscene leading up to that barghest attack I died after Geralt cried like a bitch from pain effects. And the save game pointed back to outside Kaer Morhen..

:x

Suchy

Arcane
FatCat said:
for some reason (it might be only me) but English VO is of higher recording quality than Polish.
I don't think it's recording quality, rather postprocessing. Someone liked sound compression too much, making 'bricks' out of sound waves. Everything is way too loud, with unnatural amount of bass. Voices sound like out of radio adverts.

Suchy

Arcane
MasPingon said:
Suchy said:
On the voiceovers...

To generalize a bit:

Geralt PL < UK (a lot better in UK version)
Roche PL < UK
Iorveth PL < UK
Triss PL < UK
Ves PL < UK
Dwarves PL < UK
Foltest PL < UK
Letho PL < UK

fixed

Geralt is in no way better in UK version... In fact the guys acting is absolutely shit, that forced grimdark tough guy. Other characters can be a matter of personal preference, the difference isn't that big either way. But not Geralt.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Suchy said:
On the voiceovers...
My first playthrough was in Polish, now I'm finishing chapter 2 in English.
I think it's a mixed bag, both versions have their pros and cons.

To generalize a bit:

Geralt PL > UK
Roche PL < UK
Iorveth PL < UK
Triss PL < UK
Ves PL > UK
Dwarves PL < UK
Foltest PL > UK
Letho PL > UK
Triss PL > UK
Zoltan PL > UK
Geralt PL >>>>> UK
Potato and English Geralt are not even in the some league.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom