Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Olympus 2207 speaks the English now

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I think making an original setting was definitely the right move instead of awkwardly trying to jam something into the overcrowded Fallout canon.

I remmember, that some guy from Ukraine was developing mod, where story takes place in Australia, it all happened back in 2010 I think, based on Fonline engine by (c) cvet, I remember there wer e screenshots of global map, uranium mines there, vaults, maybe even map screenshots, don't rememeber, I wonder what hapened with this idea...

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Can someone re-upload the file somewhere? The google drive link they have on their site is dead because of too much traffic.
Worked for me after I signed in
and exactly why does google want to know and track exactly who downloaded this file?

damn voyeurs everywhere

guess i'll download it anonymously in a few weeks

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Mortmal

Arcane
I am starting the tutorial, few quests to do, one is to beat a bully. My old eyes cant figure out which kid it is , supposed to be south east. So i do the right thing in those circumstances, murdering other kids at random. As soon i hit one, i see all of them turn red, but adults turn as ally slaughtering their own kids...Maybe i am missing something but design is a bit lacking.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I am starting the tutorial, few quests to do, one is to beat a bully. My old eyes cant figure out which kid it is , supposed to be south east. So i do the right thing in those circumstances, murdering other kids at random. As soon i hit one, i see all of them turn red, but adults turn as ally slaughtering their own kids...Maybe i am missing something but design is a bit lacking.
His name is literally Bully. Find a dude with this name and kick him

Wunderbar

Arcane
His name is literally Bully. Find a dude with this name and kick him
if i remember correctly, he doesn't look like a regular kid, i.e. he has a different sprite.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes i found him , but its so illogical , i was clicking all over the place trying to figure which one of those running little shits i had to smash, and that before discovering the scale X2 setting in f2_res_config.exe .. Makes no sense for the kid to attack an adult.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Skin color is not important, I didn't notice my skin color affecting the playthrough in a significant way (played as a whitey).
The only place where it mattered was one black guy on the metro station refusing to give me a sidequest because he "didn't trust me".

Mortmal

Arcane
They certainly have mastery of the engine, added nice features like crafting, but omg that design...Now i am looking for that watering filter parts, one i just got by talking to a kid, a random one amongst many, i really had luck, else had no way to find it. And now looking through piles of trash in hope to find the last part. AS far i can see there's no alternate solution, this is just tedious chores after tedious chores so far. Devs from the east, we know you endured a lot and want to share this suffering with us....

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
They certainly have mastery of the engine, added nice features like crafting, but omg that design...Now i am looking for that watering filter parts, one i just got by talking to a kid, a random one amongst many, i really had luck, else had no way to find it. And now looking through piles of trash in hope to find the last part.
There are three parts needed. One is given to you by the mechanic; second is given by any kid (it's no luck, lol, script works with every kid); the third is in the parking lot in one of the cars. AFAIK, mechanic gives you the lead where to find them so it's not that bad

Mortmal

Arcane
They certainly have mastery of the engine, added nice features like crafting, but omg that design...Now i am looking for that watering filter parts, one i just got by talking to a kid, a random one amongst many, i really had luck, else had no way to find it. And now looking through piles of trash in hope to find the last part.
There are three parts needed. One is given to you by the mechanic; second is given by any kid (it's no luck, lol, script works with every kid); the third is in the parking lot in one of the cars. AFAIK, mechanic gives you the lead where to find them so it's not that bad
Yes at least that part was ok, then i go outside, have to sneak to survive, and get shredded by everything.Guess character creation was a bad idea.The default character has better stats. Dont know what you are thinking about it, but so far i dont like it much.

Mortmal

Arcane
Every single encounter means death if you cant outrun them,to reach the two locations on map you encounter guys with machine guns in power armor, the equivalent of deathclaws, and anyway when you arrive you get shot by more guys in power armor while you have absolutely no gear . Oh meet a guy fighting ant, help him then he turns against you to steal your shit The other location you are irradiated and need to melee dogs and rats with bare hands and its not going much better. Maybe its all an elaborate russian joke.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Every single encounter means death if you cant outrun them,to reach the two locations on map you encounter guys with machine guns in power armor, the equivalent of deathclaws, and anyway when you arrive you get shot by more guys in power armor while you have absolutely no gear . Oh meet a guy fighting ant, help him then he turns against you to steal your shit The other location you are irradiated and need to melee dogs and rats with bare hands and its not going much better. Maybe its all an elaborate russian joke.
Dude, it's like you've never played Fallout before. With high AG (and there's not reason to have less than 10) you can outrun any enemy and escape; with Stealth it's much easier. Or invest in Outdoorsman and have a high chance of skipping random encounter. If you play melee build you don't have to deal with the weapon problem; have high AG and Stealth as of above, get close and kick the shit out of them. With firearms builds it's little bit more complicated since I really don't know where you can get the legit first gun (I stole SMG from the guard who kicks your ass in Tartarus, served me a long time, great exploit), but anyway - strive for sniping or high-crit burst offense and you will be fine. 10 AG and high Stealth help in every Fallout game.

As of PA dudes, they are local equivalent of Fallout 2 Enlcave patrols. Stay away from the Olympus building - it's endgame location and PA patrols do spawn there.

Mortmal

Arcane
Dude, it's like you've never played Fallout before. With high AG (and there's not reason to have less than 10) you can outrun any enemy and escape; with Stealth it's much easier. Or invest in Outdoorsman and have a high chance of skipping random encounter. If you play melee build you don't have to deal with the weapon problem; have high AG and Stealth as of above, get close and kick the shit out of them. With firearms builds it's little bit more complicated since I really don't know where you can get the legit first gun (I stole SMG from the guard who kicks your ass in Tartarus, served me a long time, great exploit), but anyway - strive for sniping or high-crit burst offense and you will be fine. 10 AG and high Stealth help in every Fallout game.

As of PA dudes, they are local equivalent of Fallout 2 Enlcave patrols. Stay away from the Olympus building - it's endgame location and PA patrols do spawn there.
The southwest encounters are possible to dodge but not the east ones . Original fallout had a first location very close at least you could explore . In this case its the far southwest village but you have no clue you are supposed to get here except trial and error and luck. Here you get two end game location next to you with no hint at all that they are striclty end game until you go and just die. The custscene earlier show you a black tower , it was making sense you want to see that first.
Nothing makes sense so far, you run to help the guard already dying touch his organizer , then suddenly everyone turn hostile despite those guys likely knowing you and working there for years.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Nothing makes sense so far, you run to help the guard already dying touch his organizer , then suddenly everyone turn hostile despite those guys likely knowing you and working there for years.
Yeah, that's kinda stupid, but they needed "eviction" event and used such "misunderstanding" for it.

Black Tower - Olympus - is the building right above the Tartarus; since you are not welcomed in Tartarus anymore it makes sense not to go there yet.

In fact, the first logical location after the Tartarus is the metro station. AFAIK, it gets marked on your map

Mortmal

Arcane
Yeah, that's kinda stupid, but they needed "eviction" event and used such "misunderstanding" for it.

Black Tower - Olympus - is the building right above the Tartarus; since you are not welcomed in Tartarus anymore it makes sense not to go there yet.

In fact, the first logical location after the Tartarus is the metro station. AFAIK, it gets marked on your map
Quite the misunderstanding.. Is the dumbfuck carrying the canister of waters for ten years , filling the moon shine distributor with candy, and unclogigng shit from the water flilter , responsable for shredding a power armor guard into pieces , no doubt in the mind of the guards, he would turn berserk after doing those menial chores . Apparently for a few codex vatniks it makes perfect sense, or they will defend modders from the motherland to death :)
To be honest i expected to explore some suburbs around the towers first or something like that.I tried to reach the metro and encounter so many high level encounters it screams wrong way too . Then my charcter wasnt good enough for melee with barefist, no options yet, it funnel you into specific build . Cant ask too much from free modding however.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Quite the misunderstanding.. Is the dumbfuck carrying the canister of waters for ten years , filling the moon shine distributor with candy, and unclogigng shit from the water flilter , responsable for shredding a power armor guard into pieces , no doubt in the mind of the guards, he would turn berserk after doing those menial chores .
Guards see one of their own down - dead - and one of the slaves standing near him. In such situations questions come later, shooting - first. Consider that the workers in Tartarus are slaves in all but name and completely dispensable. It makes some sense.
I tried to reach the metro and encounter so many high level encounters it screams wrong way too . Then my charcter wasnt good enough for melee with barefist, no options yet, it funnel you into specific build . Cant ask too much from free modding however.
I don't know why you have so many problems with the combat here, Resurrection is much harder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom