Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OOOUGH IM SO PUMPED FOR DEAD_SPACE_2-FLT BROS

I usually prefer watching Let's Plays of modern games instead of actually playing them but with DS2 I find it's the opposite way around. If you enjoyed ME2 then you'll enjoy this.

made said:
game is just pure RAPE. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat it on the higher difficulty levels. Ammo is scarce and necromorphs WILL brutalize you!

Oh yes. I wanted the sequel to be more difficult and I got it. I was forced to turn down difficulty to "survivalist" (oh the butthurt) at chapter 4. I don't feel like a Dead Space Master anymore.
Liking this a lot, only wish it wasn't so fucking dark most of the time. There's no point to this darkness when it isn't scary anyway. I prefer the brightness of the first game. The sequel improved on the action though.

Drakron

Arcane
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D said:
If you enjoyed ME2 then you'll enjoy this.

Well I could not watch ME2 since its non-linear, DS2 is fine because its linear so you never miss anything or see someone going down a route you would not pick.

Of course there are games and games, I could not watch nigger ops because it was TOO FUCKING RETARDED !!!

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So, if one enjoyed the first part, should I torrent it (some serious gigabytes here) or buy it right away? Did they easyed off on hand holding this time around? I hope it is not a steam only game (I hate steam, steam is a reason enough to pirate a game and give it to all your friends, even if you don't want to play it yourself)

baronjohn

Cipher
Gordon Freeman said:
baronjohn said:
Why would you buy a game when there's a free version :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
To support teh develpoers of course. I am a honest guy, you know.
why would you support

152px-Ealogo.svg.png

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Weak game. It's using a lot of tricks , but in the end is just another empty experience. And is strange, but it feels like ME2.

made

Arcane
toro said:
And is strange, but it feels like ME2.
BULLSHIT. DS2 > ME2!

Anyway, just finished it. ~12 hours total, not including countless reloads. Good fun overall, but in all seriousness, I have to question the RPG GOTY accolade that's been thrown around so lightly in this thread. I might write down some impressions later once my hands stop shaking. Fucking INTENSE ending!

baronjohn

Cipher
made said:
Anyway, just finished it.
Does it get better later or does it continue to focus on the herpderp cult shit instead of nice scifi goodness? Because so far in the LP I'm seeing way too many fucking dark places and candles and unexplicable bullshit scary moments.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
@baronjohn: The dark cult is involved in half of the game, but the rest is free of that stuff.

@made: DS2 may be better than ME2, but they are both dishonest games.
DS > DS2 > ME2

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wait... people are seriously suggesting Durp Space 2 is an RPG? How? And lol @ 12 hours of game play. The fact that AAA studios can charge $50-$60 for (mediocre) ten hour games is just another sign of the downfall of PC gaming. Even Death Spank is ten hours and it only cost $15.

:x

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
By dishonest game, I understand a game that is simulating gameplay mechanics just for the sake of it.

Example: In case of DS2, all logs can be removed completely from the game, because they don't add anything useful to the experience. When on the other hand, in both Deus Ex and SS2, the logs had actual impact on the game. And there are other elements, but I don't want to spoil the game for anyone.

My main complain is that the game feels like a regression from the original - they even removed the small nonlinear levels from the first game. Other than this, the game is technically outstanding and a nice diversion.

Dele

Liturgist
Game is a rehash of the first one, even the story seemed to be the same with small modificiations.

DS 1 was better even though it was vastly overrated.

Maybe ds3 will have 2 huge ass markers to destroy rather than one :thumbsup:

made

Arcane
toro said:
My main complain is that the game feels like a regression from the original - they even removed the small nonlinear levels from the first game.
Yea I guess. DS1 levels at least gave the illusion of non-linearity with their constant backtracking, but it got very annoying and predictable because the tasks always went down by the same pattern: some shit broke, go repair it, but onoes now power went out go fix reactor, but onoes that broke life support go fix it, but onoes can't get there coz lift broke... sheesh. In DS2 when you go somewhere you get shit done and it feels like things move forward instead of in circles. At the same time it feels much more linear (that FF13 map pic comes to mind). There were also a lot more puzzles in DS1 iirc. One I even had to look up cause I couldn't figure t out. There are none at all in the first half of DS2 and only a few trivial ones lateron, mostly rehashed from the first game. Instead there's a lame hacking minigame on a bunch of doors.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The non linearity made more sense in DS1 because you were on a relatively small vessel with central hubs, I thought that (coupled with the p. bad controls) made it feel a little too much like Resident Evil IN SPACE!!! rather than adding much. In DS1, from what I remember the objectives at least made sense, reactivate the tram to get around, restart the engine or ship go boom, etc. In DS2 there are a lot of 'why the hell am I doing this?' moments, which only so many can be blamed away on the markerguffin.

I enjoyed it though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom