Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OOOUGH IM SO PUMPED FOR DEAD_SPACE_2-FLT BROS

made

Arcane
commie said:
I stapled my eyes open, made a litre of coffee, have my cock in one hand, the mouse in the other, my tongue on the WASD keys....

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMBBBBBBBLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!

Fuckin A, bro! Maybe ur allrite after all lol xD

I just started playing this game and it's fucking INTENSE! Zealot difficulty, got BRUTALIZED in the tutorial! If this keeps up I'll have a heart attack long before chapter 7.

Dicksmoker said:
For those who've played, is the weapon system the same (i.e. you can only carry 4 out of a total of 7 or so)?

Yes there are only four weapon slots. Not sure how many types of weapons, I only use plasma cutter and that impalement gun so far.

baronjohn

Cipher
Bros! I don't get it. This game is nextgen crap, but on the other hand it's not so bad. MY WHOLE WORLDVIEW IS SHATTERING BEFORE MY EYES

FatCat

Educated
baronjohn said:
Bros! I don't get it. This game is nextgen crap, but on the other hand it's not so bad. MY WHOLE WORLDVIEW IS SHATTERING BEFORE MY EYES

it's not newgen games that are crap , it's your oldgen brain that is crap. :salute:

baronjohn

Cipher
FatCat said:
baronjohn said:

it's not newgen games that are crap , it's your oldgen brain that is crap. :salute:
Bro you're just a newfag bro your view doesn't count bro

Anyway I saw some videos on youtube and DS2 seems even darker than Doom 3. What's up with that? DS1 was refreshingly bright.

pocahaunted

Arcane
Meh, guess I'll procure it since I'm a sucker for sci-fi even when it's bad, but most likely won't even bother installing it. Who knows? Might find myself so bored such that playing DS2 sounds appealing.

I must say congrats to the programmers, this game runs really smoothly with a 8800GT 2Gb of RAM and a Dual core 2.66 CPU.
baronjohn said:
Anyway I saw some videos on youtube and DS2 seems even darker than Doom 3. What's up with that? DS1 was refreshingly bright.
No it's not that dark, it's just the video quality. You're watching this guy right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymz0smog4B0

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
made said:
commie said:
I stapled my eyes open, made a litre of coffee, have my cock in one hand, the mouse in the other, my tongue on the WASD keys....

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMBBBBBBBLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!

Fuckin A, bro! Maybe ur allrite after all lol xD

I just started playing this game and it's fucking INTENSE! Zealot difficulty, got BRUTALIZED in the tutorial! If this keeps up I'll have a heart attack long before chapter 7.

Man, I shat myself broz three times in the first Chapter! All those things leaping out man! I wasn't expecting that at all!!!!!!! RPG GOTY 2011!

I went into this game expecting Sim City in space coupled with an advanced psycho-analyst RPG where you help a man to recover his sanity... but then MONSTERS started leaping out of vents! I did not see that coming.

torpid

Liturgist
baronjohn said:

No regenerating health and non-popamole combat go a long way nowadays. Still, if it plays like the first game it can't entirely shake the console feel. It's sad that even the best AAA nextgen games are merely okay.

baronjohn

Cipher
Bro don't you understand the movie - game convergence that innovative game makers like Bioware are leading us into?

AAAA games are already here. We call them Hollywood Blockbusters.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D said:
I must say congrats to the programmers, this game runs really smoothly with a 8800GT 2Gb of RAM and a Dual core 2.66 CPU.

It's a funny trend; most cross-ports seem to have very decent performance on the PC, because they had to optimize level layouts for the XBOX and those layouts usually eat more performance than engine optimizations can ever recover.

For example, Gears of War original levels run on PC perfectly, while the PC-specific addon levels run like ass. Same engine and everything.

made

Arcane
Been playing all day and all night and I'm barely up to chapter 9 because the game is just pure RAPE. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat it on the higher difficulty levels. Ammo is scarce and necromorphs WILL brutalize you! Those sequences where you have to mash E really fast? I had to play on casual to beat them and still only survived by the skin of my teeth! Kudos to FLT for having the balls to release a hardcore game like this.

baronjohn

Cipher
I'm not sure if I should get this or not... does it have romanceable party characters?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man, awesum game broz, all that darkness, and shit, and cutting limbs and those great logs where the guy is like "Whew, I'm safe in here from those things, I'm a gonna make a log now about how smug I am. Wait, what's that nois...AAARGGGHHH!" LOL PWNED!!!

The fact that every level is the same and has the same stuff to do and the logs are the same, well that's just great broz as that's what I'm talkin' about, you know, when you have a good thing it's best to do it over and over, game after game! First COD, now DS! Man it's a great time to be a hardcore gamer! Word!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLLOLOL BROS I WONDER WHICH HARDCORE WANABE FAGS IN THIS THREAD ARE FUCKING SPENDING TWELVE HOURS A DAY PLAYING THIS AND CRYING ABOUTN CONSOLETARD CRAP TO THE CODEX LOOLOOLOLL

OHOHOHOHNBO BRO THIS IS DERIVATIVE FAGBOX FAGGOT FAGGAGE ONLY FAGS PLAY THIS I ONLY FINISHED IT FIVE TIMES BECAUSEI AM PC MASTER RACE LOOLLOLOLLOLOL

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is it worth watching a Let's Play on Youtube for the plot line?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom