Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OpenOutcast

Exmit

Scholar
OpenOutcast puts Ass efukt to shame, a fanmade remake of the original Outcast from 1999 of epic proportions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_XCfB-tq7E

123dg.jpg

I am Cutter Slade, and this is my favourite game in the Oasis.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Outcast was pretty fun for some time but later bored me and I have never finished it.

Still not feeling like I would like to finish it.

Eyeball

Arcane
That is probably the most impressive fanmade project I've ever seen. Why aren't those guys making money doing this stuff on a professional basis?

If this is ever released (big IF!), I'll get it for certain - I could never get myself to play regular outcast due to clunky movement controls and uninteresting combat.

Exmit

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
Retarded dialogue wheel made for gamepads in a PC game that doesn't support them detected.

ever seen a pc mouse ?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Konjad said:
Outcast was pretty fun for some time but later bored me and I have never finished it.

Still not feeling like I would like to finish it.

You fucking faggot. Outcast was 26 hours of pure fucking Win! END OF! I even got a lump in my throat as I said my goodbyes and entered the capsule to finish the game.

:tears:

baronjohn

Cipher
How is this "open" when the Crysis engine is closed-source? "open" usually implies it's BSD licenced. :rpgcodex:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Exmit said:
ever seen a pc mouse ?

Yes. You get a list of options and a cursor with it.

baronjohn said:
How is this "open" when the Crysis engine is closed-source? "open" usually implies it's BSD licenced. :rpgcodex:

Hmm... Correct. It won't run in a web browser that's for sure.

Visbhume

Prophet
Wikipedia said:
Artificial intelligence

The AI used in Outcast was considered revolutionary at the time it was released.[5] It was based on a proprietary engine codenamed GAIA, for Game Artificial Intelligence with Agents, which was composed by a set of C++ libraries that provided sophisticated control of game characters based on research in distributed AI. Intelligence is represented as a distributed activity over a set of autonomous routines called agents. An agent uses skills, such as hearing, sight, acrobatic, to complete assigned tasks. These agents can interact and even compete with each other to realize a complex task.

So... a Radiant AI which worked?

nFn

Educated
MetalCraze said:
baronjohn said:

Hmm... Correct. It won't run in a web browser that's for sure.

:retarded:

spekkio

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Retarded dialogue wheel made for gamepads in a PC game that doesn't support them detected.
AFAIR Outcast fully supported my gamepad, force-feedback included.
But, hey - it's Skyway so he certainly knows whar he's talking about... :M

MapMan

Arcane
Well, there's still a long way ahead those folks but it looks amazing so far. They made really good progress since last I checked.

MetalCraze

Arcane
spekkio said:
MetalCraze said:

Yes I know what I'm talking about. OpenOutcast. Which is what is discussed in this thread.
Glad to help

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
A dialogue wheel?

Grrrrrr.

Visbhume said:
Wikipedia said:
Artificial intelligence

The AI used in Outcast was considered revolutionary at the time it was released.[5] It was based on a proprietary engine codenamed GAIA, for Game Artificial Intelligence with Agents, which was composed by a set of C++ libraries that provided sophisticated control of game characters based on research in distributed AI. Intelligence is represented as a distributed activity over a set of autonomous routines called agents. An agent uses skills, such as hearing, sight, acrobatic, to complete assigned tasks. These agents can interact and even compete with each other to realize a complex task.

So... a Radiant AI which worked?
Radiant AI would have worked much better, if the developers had spent more than a few hundred dollars of their budget in developing it. Right now, it's just a pile of shit with a fancy name. It's like Bethesda stole some high-school kid's end-of-term project.

spekkio

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
spekkio said:
MetalCraze said:

Yes I know what I'm talking about. OpenOutcast. Which is what is discussed in this thread.
Glad to help
Oh.
I forgot that you play every newshit, even in Alpha stage. :M

:bro:

Peter

Arcane
What Skyway is saying isn't completely inane. What's the need for a dialogue wheel, something created for ease of use with an analog stick, (as shown in the vid) in a PC exclusive? Not that it bothers me too much, but the devs obviously put it in there because 'herp derp must do as Bioware'.

MetalCraze

Arcane
spekkio said:
Oh.
I forgot that you play every newshit, even in Alpha stage. :M

:bro:

Of course. We all know retarded dialogue wheel is there so they can later replace it with something proper.

2009+ members are so stupid it's quite funny actually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom