- Apr 24, 2015
Ostranauts Patch v0.6.2.6 Available
Ostranauts v0.6.2.6 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
We may finally have a fix for the crazy atmo pressures and temperatures, plus several other annoyances and potential game-corrupters.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to crash if selected save file was not found due to saveinfo mismatch.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes to occur on loading a save.
- Fixed a bug that would cause crazy gas pressures and temperatures if low framerate mixed with high fast-forward.
- Fixed a bug that caused humans to prefer breathing from canisters underfoot, instead of own suit or room.
- Fixed a bug that could cause game to misbehave or crash if AI changed relationship status with null.
- Fixed a bug that caused relationship participant names to be swapped in log updates.
- Fixed a bug that caused EVA battery to lack PickupItem action.
- Fixed a bug that caused EVA battery and O2 bottle to stop updating after loading a save file.
- Fixed a bug that allowed names to be infinitely long, resulting in performance issues and crashes.
- Changed save slot prefab to have smaller text size, to fit text better at lower resolutions.
- Fixed bug that caused warning to get stuck on nav screen if maneuvering while clamped.
One of the big ones this patch is atmo bugs. Some players were still seeing weird atmo pressures and temps, and this may have been more common when low framerate combined with fast-forward. A few record-keeping tweaks should hopefully see the end of that issue!
AI was also trying to breathe out of canisters if players got too close, so that had to be guarded against. And the EVA had some bugs involving their batteries and O2 bottles.
Finally, there were a handful of less common bugs that, nevertheless, could cause strange game behavior or crashes which are now fixed.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!