Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

racofer

Thread Incliner

honkhonk.png

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Unsalvageable game because of unreasonable leadership.
Competitive rules were made to elongate games for greater esports exposure and at the same time allowing premades of sr difference up to 1k effectively ruining everything.
Absolute joke of a company still milking the wow cow.

Gerrard

Arcane
This is the key to understanding the people behind the game's design and balance
1.14.1.2 - 8/29/2017
Grappling Hook
  • Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8.
1.27.0.1 - 8/9/2018
Grappling Hook
  • Cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
1.43.0.0 - 12/10/2019
Grappling Hook
  • Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds.
RIP in pieces

This is the key to understanding the people behind the game's design and balance
1.14.1.2 - 8/29/2017
Grappling Hook
1.27.0.1 - 8/9/2018
Grappling Hook
1.43.0.0 - 12/10/2019
Grappling Hook
RIP in pieces

Definitely seems like two years worth of work to me. In fact I think you're just being an entitled neckbeard who doesn't realize how amazing Blizzard devs are for being willing to admit when they're wrong.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
1.14.1.2 - 8/29/2017
Grappling Hook
1.27.0.1 - 8/9/2018
Grappling Hook
1.43.0.0 - 12/10/2019
Grappling Hook
RIP in pieces

Overwatch definitely died because of balancing patches but the sr difference and grappling hook has nothing to do with it. These changes are years apart. When meta changes, you need small adjustments to heroes. This grappling hook being changed by few seconds or backpedaled is not in any way reflecting jack shit. The actual main reason was constant nerfing of FPS based heroes, while adding and buffing MOBA style heroes and letting them dominate for years until FPS players left the game. In fact if all they did from beginning is dumb shit like this, the game would still be amazing.

Gerrard

Arcane
1.14.1.2 - 8/29/2017
Grappling Hook
1.27.0.1 - 8/9/2018
Grappling Hook
1.43.0.0 - 12/10/2019
Grappling Hook
RIP in pieces

Overwatch definitely died because of balancing patches but the sr difference and grappling hook has nothing to do with it. These changes are years apart. When meta changes, you need small adjustments to heroes. This grappling hook being changed by few seconds or backpedaled is not in any way reflecting jack shit.
10/29/2020
Peacekeeper
  • Reload time reduced from 1.5 to 1.2 seconds.
6/3/2021
Peacekeeper
  • Reload time increased from 1.2 to 1.5 seconds.
Whatever you say, dumbass.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I was hyped for OW2 and disappointed after not receiving an invitation for the beta but after watching some gameplay I'm glad I didn't.
The game is still extremely bland and unworthy to be called a sequel.
This is just a patch after three years of nothingness.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The sexual harassment campaign was the worst thing that could have happened to Blizzard because it is now going to expose how useless women devs are.

motherfucker

Educated
Mei needs fatter tits. This is non-negotiable.
They need to be gigantic and have some of the best breast physics seen in any game.
They need to be so large that it actually effects her play style. Her default run speed needs to be slower, jumping causes damage to her and she has lowered jump height. Give her an option to sheathe her weapon and grab on to her fat tits to hold them in place while she runs a little faster.
Also her coat needs to have obviously burst open at some point and her tits just hang out. Clothed obviously since that would just be obscene.
Her voice lines also need to reflect this.
>"Hey slow down guys, I'm not as fast as I used to be!"
>"Oh... this is going to be a bumpy ride isn't it? I don't like bumpy rides..."
>"Maybe if you were looking up at my gun instead you'd have noticed it was pointed at you."

In return she should have more health, natural damage resistance, and knockback resistance. If she sprints in to people, they will be knocked about as well - particularly useful if they're frozen and next to an edge.
Finally she should be reclassified as a Support and have the option to lactate in to disposable bottles which she can toss out as medkits to her team, or just drink it herself and heal.

Only then might the game be fun and balanced.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Wait, we now need to put our phone number to have a battle net account ?

edit: racofer just beat me to it.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Not gonna lie, but last year I was still expecting at least something interesting to come out of this game, even if it remained mostly the same. It was fun in small groups of people you know, similar to TF2 when it wasn't infested with bots. Then the beta came out and it looks like dogshit, everything is a downgrade. Then Diablo Immortal came out giving a glimpse of what Blizzard would be from then on... now this latest reveal comes out, and they will erase Overwatch 1 (you cannot even purchase it any longer) and replace it with this Fortwatch abomination. Every other Blizzard game is dead, even my beloved Starcraft, you can no longer find enough players for some of the cool custom maps.

So, no point in sticking around:

9W5S6pT.png

KVVRR

Learned
So much for the lack of content these last 3 (4 and a half if we're being honest) years being because of OW2's development. The release has what amounts to a single year of content for OW1.

Ryzer

Arcane
Wait, we now need to put our phone number to have a battle net account ?

edit: racofer just beat me to it.
They implemented it to persuade cheaters in Warzone since you could easily re-create an account before.

Gambler

Augur
I will pass. Over time Overwatch devs made far too many design decisions and statements encouraging players to externalize the locus of control. (I.e. blame someone or something external for their experience rather than focus on something they themselves could do.) It's a subtle kind of bad design, but it's bad design (and inept community management) nevertheless. A pity that so much high-quality art work got tangled in it.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Not even Call of Duty kills servers for earlier entries when they release sequels. At least Overwatch 2 is F2P, I guess.
https://www.eurogamer.net/the-last-day-of-overwatch-1-will-be-2nd-october-blizzard-confirms

The last day of Overwatch 1 will be 2nd October, Blizzard told me during an Overwatch 2 roundtable interview last night. (Note: this is from a Pacific Time point of view. With time differences, it could be 3rd October elsewhere in the world.) Overwatch 2 will then launch 4th October and be the only Overwatch game in operation.

"So roughly a day before Overwatch 2 launches, we're going to be taking down the Overwatch 1 servers," commercial lead Jon Spector explained to me. "So that means, as a practical point, that October 2nd really is the last day to go in and play Overwatch 1. And then it's a 27-hour downtime that we're planning in order to get the Overwatch 2 server stood up and running.

"We'll give current Overwatch players the ability to download Overwatch 2 a little bit ahead of when we launch, if they want to pre-download. There's also a couple of things that we'll be asking players to do, to get ready for Overwatch 2. We'll share a kind of launch checklist with players ahead of things so that they have a smooth experience getting in on 4th October, when we launch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom