Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Paradox and Obsidian to announce something evil on March 15th

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I never played Alpha Protocol, just watched a bit of Anthony Davis playing it. Looked cool.

Like I said, Mass Effect 2 is a pathetic popamole with shitty writing.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I never played Alpha Protocol, just watched a bit of Anthony Davis playing it. Looked cool.

It's pulpy space opera, its a pretty good take on the genre and one of the best sci-fi action rpgs out there, of witch there are very few.

If that's not your thing, the I guess you can stick to watching other people play games?

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter

It's pulpy space opera, its a pretty good take on the genre and one of the best sci-fi action rpgs out there, of witch there are very few.

If that's not your thing, the I guess you can stick to watching other people play games?

I'll stick to calling out casual popamolers on RPGCodex forum. Kill yourself immediately.

Nines

Learned
CDprojekt also makes rpgs, and they manage to sell well enough, last count on the witcher 3 was 15 million and counting...

Obsidian will do anything for a buck, their tank mmo, that thing they did with the russians called skyforge, dungeon siege, south park. The problem is that they are mostly bad to mediocre at designing most of their games.

When you look at their catalog, you have kotor 2, based on already established work from bioware and release in a deplorable state... you have new vegas based on the work done by bethesda, shit at release and only truly good with a shitton of mods, and you have a MotB, which was mostly a storyfag rpg where they didnt even try to improve the shit combat of their original work.
CDProject doesn't make RPGs. They make money on overhyped shit, just like Zenithesda and other suits. The only good game they made was the first Witcher, which didn't even offer much of a roleplay.

KotOR 2 and New Vegas are both miles away better than their predecessors, and they both suffered from insufficient development cycle. For the decision to release them in such state you should thank LucasArts and Zenithesda respectively. But at least they had something there worth fixing it up. Lolout 3 and 4 were dead on arrival, with the amount bugs just a little bit less than New Vegas had. KotOR simply followed the classic Star Wars good vs evil formula, which isn't bad, but not exactly good either.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Alright, time for final predictions. I say it's a cross-platform management-lite game with a "thrill of doing evil" hook - basically Fallout Shelter meets Black & White.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright, time for final predictions. I say it's a cross-platform management-lite game with a "thrill of doing evil" hook - basically Fallout Shelter meets Black & White.

The game is an RPG of some sort. That much we know.

DeepOcean

Arcane

I'll stick to calling out casual popamolers on RPGCodex forum. Kill yourself immediately.
Bash an old popamole game from Bioware that is a company that is an EA zombie at this point or suck Sawyers cock like a bitch and ignore the casual friendly mechanics all over PoE. Which is better and why for RPGs?

Health regeneration wasn't nowhere near enough to turn you on a Rambo even with the big shield classes. There are the Kroogans, Asari vanguards, flamethrowers and Engineer drones for example that charge at you forcing you out of cover on plenty of dangerous situations and there are dangerous sniper type enemies too.

There wasn't any Krogan Enemies in Mass Effect 2, at least in the normal difficulty. Same for Asari Vanguards. Perhaps I should have played it in Hard Mode.
There was some dangerous enemies, like the heavy units of Collectors but only in a few missions.

Alpha Brotocol gunplay is awful as it is ME 1 gunplay, character skill based aiming systems are a bad idea for action games always were, ME 2 guns have better shooting sounds too, the guns have some weight to their shots while I was seriously underwhelmed by Alpha Brotocol guns that didn't feel satisfying to shoot.

Agree with that.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
CDProject doesn't make RPGs. They make money on overhyped shit, just like Zenithesda and other suits. The only good game they made was the first Witcher, which didn't even offer much of a roleplay.

KotOR 2 and New Vegas are both miles away better than their predecessors, and they both suffered from insufficient development cycle. For the decision to release them in such state you should thank LucasArts and Zenithesda respectively. But at least they had something there worth fixing it up. Lolout 3 and 4 were dead on arrival, with the amount bugs just a little bit less than New Vegas had. KotOR simply followed the classic Star Wars good vs evil formula, which isn't bad, but not exactly good either.
They were poorly executed projects, if obsidian actually managed to deliver on their promises and own hype they wouldn't be a half failed Company that resorts to community handouts to stay afloat.

Zibniyat

Arcane
They were poorly executed projects, if obsidian actually managed to deliver on their promises and own hype they wouldn't be a half failed Company that resorts to community handouts to stay afloat.

Because, as we know, Bethesda and Bioware sure deliver on their promises and hype, right? And that is precisely the reason they are successful?

Also, you can't know what would the present be if the past was "different", so your entire reasoning falls apart.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Obsidian twitter is using the hashtag "#EvilSpelledBackwardsIsLive " to promote this.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter

Because, as we know, Bethesda and Bioware sure deliver on their promises and hype, right? And that is precisely the reason they are successful?

Also, you can't know what would the present be if the past was "different", so your entire reasoning falls apart.

He's a casual popamoler, an idiot. No use arguing with him. He plays Mass Effect and comes here to defend it. Can a human descend to lower depths?

Weasel
The Obsidian twitter is using the hashtag "#EvilSpelledBackwardsIsLive " to promote this.

UtoD1So.jpg

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Is Obsidian twitter also Rainbow colored? My new guess is the Evil you will fight in the game is the cishet patriarchy.

Thonius

Arcane
Well almost all "evil" games are some sort of parody etc (twittery somewhat confirms that It might be on of that "funny" games)
And since life is shit unfair, I would not count on anything actually good. So expect popamole cross platform "funny" shit and maybe, just maybe you will be pleasantly surprised.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom