Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox announce Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 with Brian Mitsoda onboard as narrative lead

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A dancer wearing a revealing outfit, oh the humanity.
It's a joke about how strippers prefer to be called dancers that's referenced in-game when she gets offended if you insist on pressing the issue after she "corrects" you. :)

Taurist

Scholar
Aren't vampires basically about rape and AIDs and shit? I don't think you can make them unpolitical.
But if they fail to make a core theme violent sexual desire, then it will suck.

Looking forward to this, I love a good dumpster fire.
Dumpster fire? Here you are.
10-BL12-107.jpg

turkishronin

Arcane
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2: “It’s definitely taking political stances on what we think are right and wrong”

“I feel like the politics have changed obviously, so I think the first game was kind of, of its time. So now the politics have moved on so we’re trying to write to the politics of now.

“She also said that they’re trying to broaden Bloodlines 2 from the more masculine power fantasy of the original, so that it appeals to way more people this time.”

juNoDxT.png

Give me a minute while I get a bucket of popcorns to see the meltdown.

Why must everything go to shit so fast

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why does anyone care about the so-called 'SJW' things in a game. If something as much as mentioning of transgenderism irks you the wrong way, then why let it bother you?

It's not the fact that transgengerism (and other similar subjects) is mentioned, it's the way it is brought up that irks people and the fact that the implementation of author's social agenda is similar to preaching to us lowly monkeys
a higher level of morals and a more elevated way of being. Bringing SJW subjects in a game is as hard as making good romance in a game, nearly impossible.

A group of people want to convey their creative message across in a form of a vampire game. I do not think it is so much of a big deal.

Creative message, dumbass? There is nothing creative about the SJW when they want to convey a mesage and NOT A STORY.
SJWs will always be confined in their "creativeness" by their clear cut concepts, they are unable to write engaging characters with humanity , real flaws, shame, characters that embark on a journey which result in personal growth or further departure in their personal abyss.

SJW fictional characters are born to fulfill the author's power fantasy and feed on author's SJW biases and that's why their writing level will never leave the quality realm of fan fiction.

Let a group of people make their game the way they want to

Yes, they can make their own game filled with uni-dimensional characters, play it among themselves with you in tow but leave beloved franchises alone and stop perverting them.

Just enjoy the game that it is trying to bring VtMB into a new game

"Sorry". I have lots of well-interconnected neurons that prevent me from going that (if SJW obnoxious agendas were implemented)

Ok. I did not mean to offend you with the statements. I personally would find better things to worry about if a video game that hasn't even come out yet really hurts you that much. Do not pay attention to it then, and I promise you that the world will not collapse with a transgender vampire.

Oh man, if that's your comment, then pearls before swine it seems.

The core problem you dolt, it's not if the game will feature transgender vampires (or whatever you fancy), the problem is how believable and how well written one would be by a social justice warrior more concerned to push his agenda than the art form, ignoring the fact that a SJW is incompetent and unable to write one.

PS: The only appendage you're allowed to hold is my cock while you're thoroughly deepthroating it with diligence.

Last edited:

theLorry

Educated
Haha, they really DID do the stop sign pandering. As a fucking paid collectible.

w35pcjwgenn21.jpg
Releasing a game in this way is fucking cancer. If I wanted to learn how to read charts, I would have gone to school!

Moreover, I like how they are sucking up to the the games journalists with their talk about 'oh how tactfully, tastefully, well-researched' they will approach the subjects of mental illness and sexual stereotypes, yet at the same time they pander to the fans of the old game with the very symbols of what they claim to disapprove of (STOP sign, Voerman Portrait, Jeanette's outfit).

Thinking about it, maybe that's a good sign? I mean Paradox really likes money, so maybe they understand that going full retard with the 'progressive' deep-throating isn't good for the bottom line. After all, it's not the journos and degenerates that keep buying Carolingian Unit packs for CK2 8 years after the game's release.

Zeriel

Arcane
If you think Paradox are secretly based, you're in for a hell of a disappointment. To give just one example, they recently banned ancient internet jokes on their subreddit.

My interpretation of their actions and the way they are trending is that they know they have a significant part of their customer base that is problematic. They're happy to take the money of these people, but they prefer to keep them in the shadows, and marginalize them. If I had to make a blind prediction for Bloodlines 2, I'd guess it will be pretty woke, and these throw-away pre-order bonuses are just there to bait the old fans into believing this game is for them.

It's like when Blizzard said lots of things to reassure hardcore Diablo 2 fans that the game (Diablo 3) would be for them, while making a game that was sure to disappoint them in every way. This is just marketing.

Of course until the game actually comes out the "You're exaggerating, you can't possibly know, give them the benefit of the doubt" crowd will have their way. Until we have the pudding we can't taste it, but in terms of betting odds, I wouldn't want to put money on the game turning out anything like Bloodlines 1.

Deleted Member 22431

My interpretation of their actions and the way they are trending is that they know they have a significant part of their customer base that is problematic.
You are deluding yourself if you think that “a significant part of their customer base” cares about real world events, culture wars and activism. I remember trying to convince a casual cousin of mine how disgusting ME:A was, to no avail. 90% of gamers, and this includes the ones who played VtM:B, are retarded and apolitical. If this game end up with clans, disciplines, half-decent graphics and is relatively free of bugs, they will eat it up. They don’t give a fuck about the hamfisted agenda on the story or the dialogues, because they are borderline illiterates.

Gruncheon

Savant
Just because they want to have transgender people does not mean that they do not have a need to have a conservative people. I bet there will be a monarch of sort in a clan who wants to preserve the things of his realm.

But that's exactly my point. I don't think Mitsoda et al. have the writing chops to give life to a traditionalist Prince that isn't anything other than an evil bungler. Where the writers have an explicit agenda to advance progressivism, you're never going to get a traditionalist character that might actually be correct because all conservatism is evil and of course it's evil and we all agree it's evil why are we even having this conversation in current year?

I don't care if there are transgender characters in the game. I think it's good to broaden the range of human experience that's depicted in RPGs. I've got nothing against an interesting queer character; Arcade Gannon was one of the best companions in NV. I just want the dilemmas to actually spark some kind of interesting reflection in my mind and not have to sit through a million different variations of "white man bad fuck Drumpf" in every conversation.

Zeriel

Arcane
You are deluding yourself if you think that “a significant part of their customer base” cares about real world events, culture wars and activism. I remember trying to convince a casual cousin of mine how disgusting ME:A was, to no avail. 90% of gamers, and this includes the ones who played VtM:B, are retarded and apolitical. If this game end up with clans, disciplines, half-decent graphics and is relatively free of bugs, they will eat it up. They don’t give a fuck about the hamfisted agenda on the story or the dialogues, because they are borderline illiterates.

Paradox is not an AAA developer. I'm specifically talking about their strategy games. CK2 is by far their biggest in terms of the awareness there is of its existence and its subreddit is basically nothing but jokes and memes about this kind of shit. When I say "significant" I don't mean half, more like 5-10%, but it's the 5-10% who talk a lot about their games and are "core gamers" so to speak, the people who drive communities. I'd be honestly shocked if they weren't aware of this, and we've had multiple blow-ups where they sideways acknowledged it.

None of this will really play into Bloodlines 2, but that wasn't what I was talking about, I was talking about how they view a certain portion of their customer base in reply to someone else.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

Paradox is not an AAA developer. I'm specifically talking about their strategy games. CK2 is by far their biggest in terms of the awareness there is of its existence and its subreddit is basically nothing but jokes and memes about this kind of shit. When I say "significant" I don't mean half, more like 5-10%, but it's the 5-10% who talk a lot about their games and are "core gamers" so to speak, the people who drive communities. I'd be honestly shocked if they weren't aware of this, and we've had multiple blow-ups where they sideways acknowledged it.

Even taking into account that, they'll be shit scared of headlines like "VB:2, the game that makes fun of mental disease" or the like. Remember all the crazy racism acccusations against Kingdom Come Deliverance? The dev was a truly independent indie so he could still ignore it all because he was in total control of the project, but any studio that is forced to listen to investors may not enjoy such freedom. Also, a game taking place in a contemporary setting is far more delicate and prone to cause alarm in mainstream media, and unlike GTA I doubt they can actually profit from the bad reputation.

The game will try very hard not to offend anyone, I suspect. I hope I am wrong, but despite my initial optimism the preorder thing makes me suspicious, and the "this is 2019, not 2004" statements don't make it look any better.

Zeriel

Arcane

Even taking into account that, they'll be shit scared of headlines like "VB:2, the game that makes fun of mental disease" or the like. Remember all the crazy racism acccusations against Kingdom Come Deliverance? The dev was a truly independent indie so he could still ignore it all because he was in total control of the project, but any studio that is forced to listen to investors may not enjoy such freedom. Also, a game taking place in a contemporary setting is far more delicate and prone to cause alarm in mainstream media, and unlike GTA I doubt they can actually profit from the bad reputation.

The game will try very hard not to offend anyone, I suspect. I hope I am wrong, but despite my initial optimism the preorder thing makes me suspicious, and the "this is 2019, not 2004" statements don't make it look any better.

That's exactly what I meant, though. A lot of companies are in the SJW bubble, and they know journalists are also in that bubble, so everything is telling them to pander in that direction. They'll take the money of people they think are wrong and evil (i.e, politically incorrect), but they aren't going to say anything nice to them or let them be too public.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The most likely outcome re: SJW in Bloodlines 2.

1) The game will contain somewhat more "woke" content than, let's say, The Outer Worlds.

2) It still won't have enough of it to come across as an "SJW game". Few big budget productions are dumb enough to actually go all the way.

3) The people who obsess about such things will fixate on some particular example for a while, then move on.

4) At the end of the day, when people look back at the game and talk about its flaws, the SJW stuff won't be high up on their list of complaints. (See also: BattleTech)

I suppose there is a chance that this game could go full Sweden ala Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, but I don't think that's Paradox's style. They didn't get where they are today by being reckless.

Zeriel

Arcane
Paradox are publishers, not developers, here. I don't know much about Hardsuit Labs.

It’s set in Seattle? It’s a shithole. This is some pretty peak clownworld we currently live in. Wouldn’t the “current year, 2019” degeneracy be more of a setting feature with the vampire world than an SJW detracting of the source material? In other words, wouldn’t the degeneracy be adding more than taking away?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure the way they portray Seattle in the game will be less awful than how it is in the real world.
...for example, kill the homeless in a location and later when you return the area will have improved and there will be a tree

rcBrS527.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom