Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Password / Old Account Recovery

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It would seem that the converter from phpBB 3 -> XenForo didn't preserve old passwords... As far as I believe it *should have* (because it certainly was able to preserve mine - unless that was for some strange unknown reason).

If you have an account and for some reason the password recovery feature does not work for you (because you're a dumbass who used a throw away e-mail address / no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with the account / whatever), then:
  1. Make a new account and start a "conversation" with me (yeah wtf).
  2. Give me your old account name.
  3. Give me the old e-mail address associated with your account (if in doubt, guess).
  4. In the event of failure on point 3, then post from an IP you've used before or give me some other way to verify your identity (yes, someone will try and steal your account if I don't). Maybe I know you on some other forum or something.
  5. I will reset the password to whatever is on my mind at the time and send it to you. You can then login and update all your details (e-mail etc...) as necessary.
- OR -
  1. Go to the bottom right of any page in the forum, find the "Contact Us" link in the (currently blue) footer bar and use it. Include details 2 thru 4 as required above.
Basically, if the password recovery feature doesn't work for you (check your junk) then I'll reset your password to whatever (which you can update after you login) - but you'll need to let me know if that's the case.

Drakron-01

Novice
I guess my account password was eaten ... post for IP Verification purpose.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Thank you DU! I don't know why I never got an email with the recovery instructions, but as I can now post again, it doesn't matter much to me. :salute:

黄小马

Learned
If anyone wants to use my old accounts feel free to abuse it and cheat DU to get e-mails changed to yours. I do not care. I have became a better pony now, I don't want to use my old accounts because of shame they make me feel.

DraFFFUUUU-

DraQ here.
I have started this conversation newfaggotry in hope of reclaiming my old account.

:decline:

Suchy.

Novice
I'm not getting password reset confirmation email for some reason... I'll wait a bit longer before I start harassing DU though.

DraFFFUUUU-

Also what faggotry is this anyway?
On the old 'dex we didn't have any "conversations".
We just screamed profanities at each other.
:rpgcodex:

Banned Alt

Novice
php3 md5 hashes are salted to hell and back, thats prolly the reason they dont transfer

holly fuk are those new forums ugly
should have went with punbb :1337:

where the fuck is this conversation crap... nvm

Suchy.

Novice
Ok, something's weird with that password reset funtion. After the third try I finally received the reset request mail, klicked the link and now I'm not getting the mail with new password...

DraFFFUUUU-

Coraz częściej można było usłyszeć pytanie: ,,Gdzie są admini?"

Callaxes here. Not really concerned about my ID, just wanted to say hi!

Glad you're back Codex. I might not like you in a lot of ways, but that's how love works right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom