Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - crossplay cross platform progression couch co-op confirmed

Renfri

Cipher
This looks great, now I just need friends who play.
Why? Play solo like a man.
I have done so for many years, I have played in PoE with in someone only until Act 2 many years ago. Couch coop could have use if you want to introduce gf (or wife) to PoE2, otherwise I don't see much use. Inviting women into hobbies wiill just ruin them, so better not.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Console director confirms that beta is coming late November

more info (or promises) in another interview

also GameSpot again
rgpoci9apf5d1.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I saw other recent one with Pastarmon or whatever and guy was p. ballistic huh
nice change for once

ADL

Prophet
I've literally never played a caster in my life but this might be my first. Every class looks so good. They've even managed to make Barbarian interesting.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i like those charged spells while walking

did i saw it right? If you lose all your skeleton minions at once, after 4s all of them will be resummoned at once?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
did i saw it right? If you lose all your skeleton minions at once, after 4s all of them will be resummoned at once?

most minions re-revive quickly if no other minion is dead "recently" So yeah, if you lose all, they'll revive all together. Only zombies need re-summon it seems.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

most minions re-revive quickly if no other minion is dead "recently" So yeah, if you lose all, they'll revive all together. Only zombies need re-summon it seems.
curious about that one. Always wanted to do a build where summons would be just a meat shields while my necro is playing melee or whatever, but the limitation I found was that during boss fights your minions are just gone unless you actively support them.
There was also this fiasco of doing dark pact with skellies and have them die too quickly late game.

Perhaps in poe2 it will be viable as a lot of tedious management will be gone?
I wonder if I can summon 10 skelly healers to heal myself while im doing RF stuff

ArchAngel

Arcane
Animations and combat is whole league ahead of D4 and LE and needed simplifications (removing gem slots from items, removing colors from gem slots and others) are just what PoE2 needed to keep being The ARPG and something I and millions others will be playing for next 10 years (until all the bloat again makes it unfun).

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
movement of summons seem janky

its crazy D2 sprites still have better animations than anything in this sphere

Peachcurl

Cipher
I wonder how all that works with exploding minions, i.e., whether you can speed up the resummoning, or whether this implies that exploding minions will only be feasible with those that are not resummoned.

abija

Prophet
They're leaning too much into keyboard movement and it looks akward during gameplay...

ADL

Prophet
Very surface level overview of the game's recent changes for the average joe. Nothing new for anyone that follows it but the gameplay looks great.

CountNemo

Literate
You need to understand PoE1 is proven and a money printer, whereas if they cajole the soulslop crowd that's fickle at best and won't stick around (bc. consoom other soulslop ) . It makes sense they want to double dip and if it only has a campaign yet that's necessarily slow.
what is wrong with souls games? are you too smart for them? too cool?

"soulslop"

faggot

frajaq

Erudite
I really really want to play Mercenary with all the ranged options since the devs seem really into WASD + soulslike gameplay

Zeriel

Arcane
Animations and combat is whole league ahead of D4 and LE and needed simplifications (removing gem slots from items, removing colors from gem slots and others) are just what PoE2 needed to keep being The ARPG and something I and millions others will be playing for next 10 years (until all the bloat again makes it unfun).

It looks cool for five seconds but whether it will actually be good to play is another question. Those overly reactive animations tend to wear thin when you play for lots of hours, even in the preview videos I am getting a bit of a whiff of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom