Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Anyhow, duellist name is Kilkrew. Add me as friend, etcetera. Accidentally joined the default league - even though I am yet to die. Only like level 5.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I'm with made, floating numbers are especially important now that it's almost impossible to tell if you're doing any damage at all. I'm not sure if this is lag or something, but two handed attacks lack proper visual impact on enemies. At least show me a floating text when I miss a hit.

Many special attacks are almost completely indistinguishable from normal ones and slow as fucking hell. Leap attack is almost unusable, because the time it takes for animation to complete, the enemies have long moved. I do hope that these level up and get faster, otherwise playing marauder so far is a slow and clunky experience- casters, trappers and ranged attackers kill everything before I can get into the fray.

Bony

Learned
Queued
This is fucking horribru, yesterday i downloaded the 1.5gb patch in under 30 minutes today the 7mb takes 1 hour to download.

Raapys

Arcane
+Attack speed is ur frand. Also, playing without +25% movement speed boots is a nightmare. But all in good time.

Bony

Learned
Queued
Anyways is there clans or w/e ? Is there a codex one already?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
To be completly honest, I'm baffled by all the troubles DU has with the launcher and downloading the game. I never had any problems, just start the launcher and wait for it to do all his weird checking resources, allocating space, calling cthulhu shit.

And its even weirder because GGG are from New Zealand so its relatively close to DU.

Btw, there is a torrent of the client on TPB, but not that many seeds (Around 35)

Stabwound

Arcane
There isn't any in-game support for clans but I assume that's coming at some point since one of the website pages references guild storage as a microtransation purchase.

But anyway, if you're not an asshole and play hardcore mode and want to party up once in a while, feel free to add me: character name is Gris.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Having a creepy whispering shadow-ghost appear and dissapear in front of you as she lures you towards your doom is a really nice change of pace from Diablo 3's silly hand puppets popping out yelling "YOU SHALL NEVER DEFEAT ME MUAHAHAHA"

Bony

Learned
Queued
I'm pleasently surprised by the transumtation items that you can create a magic item out of normal and rare out of magic etc....... the curreny of identification scrolls is also very nice.
I'm not sure yet that i like the finaru fantaji X skill tree and the skills finaru fantaji 7 materia system.

So far imo the diablo 2 skill system is still the best and stat placement,,,,, the passive skill tree seems like a chore.

Angthoron

Arcane
Deathsquid, L14 (I think) non-HC marauder.

Trying lower left branches as a 2H for a change, did dualwield in closed.

spectre

Arcane
No problems here, the download took a few hours (bacause it topped at 300-400 kBps), but it patched with no issues.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
EU gateway is getting DCs and there was a full realm crash. Fix is gonna be deployed ASAP.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kwa one isn't any better. Lost whole inventory's worth of loot including a rare armor. :rage:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OMG lag. Did anyone else ever have to click a level transition several times because it said it couldn't create another instance at this time? Also, getting randomly booted from the game is awesome. I was hoping they'd buy another RAM with my $10. Also, I can't believe anybody leaves general chat on. I couldn't go on after killing the first zombie without disabling that.

Angthoron

Arcane
I don't even know how that general chat is supposed to be used. There's so much text there.

And that's earlier in the day - I had no lag or crashes, very nice experience overall, but the spam was insane already then.

Castanova

Prophet
Got my Summoner Witch to level 21. I'm in Act 2 now. The Act 1 final boss was fairly difficult for a low-ish level summoner. All my summons would die almost instantaneously. Had to abuse portals a bit to get through.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play, my Summoner is named DeadFriends. I'll be happy to start a new character in either Default or Hardcore, too. I took the day off tomorrow for work so I'll be on :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom