Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Character selection screen is enough for me to declare that this is is a true sequel to D2. :hopeitdelivers:

Raapys

Arcane
Was fairly laggy when I played. Hit reactions came long after the attacks, and much rubberbanding at times.

Raapys

Arcane
There are none. Not of the floating kind, anyway. If you want to see the specific damage breakdown of your attack skills, you can press 'c' and select the attack you're using with the tabs.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, no penis enhancing pink floating milions.

Got to level 13, game was a bit laggy at times but with the pressure on the servers right now its understandable.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is anyone (euro gateway) up to play a bit with me? Feels a bit strange playing this alone amongst a horde of drooling retards (seriously has anyone viewed the global chat? :lol: ). Games seems awesome so far, reminds me a lot of Diablo II.

Castanova

Prophet
Level 11 with my Summoner Witch... was playing smoothly until I just got an "unexpected disconnection" from the server. Now I can't get back on. Oh well!

Marsal

Arcane
Is anyone (euro gateway) up to play a bit with me? Feels a bit strange playing this alone amongst a horde of drooling retards (seriously has anyone viewed the global chat? :lol: ). Games seems awesome so far, reminds me a lot of Diablo II.
Post your username. I'm VinceCarter. Original, I know :dance:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Add me aswell. Name's Grimsaw. My nazi barbarian could use an authentic German on his side.

Client2013-01-2403-15-33-63_zpsbdf400d5.png

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Someone reached already level 36 oO Just have level 3 at the moment and got killed the first time. :D

EDIT: Name's Surf_Solar (some fag stole Surf Solar already)

I already regret choosing this faggot Duelist, looking at your characters..... ;D

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Game is gud, a bit chaotic though, shouldn't have started it with 4 beers already ;D

98F369BF9E5C6D997FDF61C6328909600584EC0F

Castanova

Prophet
I got to level 15 and the area right before the act 1 boss just before the server had to shutdown for a patch. There were a couple miniboss elites that were non-trivial. I've already died once and this is on the normal difficulty. Nice.

made

Arcane
Game feels rather slow-paced compared to similar games, at least initially? I'm old so I don't mind, but that makes the combat all the more boring.

Loot and char system is quite fun to mess around with. Skills are mostly passive, while abilities come only from gems - do I get that right?

No damage numbers though. Huge turn-off. Hope that's still on the to-do list.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
6:36 pm Downloaded the installer...
6:37 pm Checking Resources...
6:39 pm Allocating Space... (lolwut, "allocating space"? Who the fuck needs to spend 20 minutes "allocating space"?)
7:00 pm It starts downloading...
7:02 pm I close the launcher at 1%.

7:03 pm Re-open the installer...
7:03 pm Checking resources... (Only this time I have an odd looking white background in the box and none of the news stuff has loaded)
7:10 pm Allocating Space...
7:11 pm It re-starts downloading from 0%

"There will never be another character or item wipe."​

Them's bold words from some guys who don't know what a "resume download" feature is.

Someone let me know when they actually release a proper product.

Angthoron

Arcane
Nah, they have a resume feature from what I've experienced, but they seem to have made it more of an RPG experience by assigning it a d20 roll to successfully resume.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Game feels rather slow-paced compared to similar games, at least initially? I'm old so I don't mind, but that makes the combat all the more boring.

Loot and char system is quite fun to mess around with. Skills are mostly passive, while abilities come only from gems - do I get that right?

Yeah, it's definitely slower than, say, D3. And yes, you're right - the skill tree contains passives and active abilities need to be equipped as gems.

Stabwound

Arcane
The game is pretty fun, but the global chat is fetid text diarrhea as you might expect from a free game.

made

Arcane
Yea I miss the intellectually stimulating discussions from the Barrens chat.

Revenant

What is this bullshit with "allocating space" taking several hours? And here I thought we live in the XXIst century, with modern filesystems and all.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok, I just re-opened it. Seems I may have been over-valuing the percentage figure. It would seem (at least for now) that the percentage resets itself. When I closed it, I'd downloaded about 1% of 5.05 GB. When I re-opened it just now, I see that it's at 0%, but it's 0% of 4.97 GB.

The sneaky bastards. Rather than being X% of the total program it's X% of whatever is left to download during that particular session. :retarded:

Still, the first time I did this the thing crashed halfway through and was insisting on re-downloading the full package, so maybe it's something they've changed recently? Or yeah, it seems to work sometimes and not others.

Really, that percentage should be based on the whole program.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is pretty fun, but the global chat is fetid text diarrhea as you might expect from a free game.

It seems to be much better in Hardcore. There's still a lot of "do you even lift brah" jokes etc, but it's not as bad as Default.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom