Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
I map SSF way and I hate it. I hate even more using trade system to buy maps from people where 1 in every 20 messages responds (it is not this bad when trading for normal items).

Just trade when the offer was posted in last 5-10 min.
I do, they also don't respond most of the time. It does not help that the trade API is always at least 10 minutes behind the real state of items.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sounds like you're still using poe.trade instead of the official trading site. poetrade has had delay-issues for the last 2 leagues, ranging from 20-30minutes on a good day to multiple hours.

How to buy maps in bulk:
1. Go to pathofexile.com
2. Hover over "trade" and select "bulk item exchange"
3. Get a response 99/100 times on the first whisper
4. Stop complaining about it being "impossible to buy stuff, please make an auction house"

How to buy specific maps for completion
1. Go to pathofexile.com
2. Hover over trade and select "search items"
3. Enter the name of the map
4. Select Trade Filters and select chaos orb for the buyout price
5. Click Search
6. Filter by "most recently listed"
7. Get a response 99/100 times on the first whisper
8. Stop complaining about it being "impossible to buy stuff, please make an auction house"

Sharpedge

Prophet
Trading always amuses me. It seems the response times of sellers is directly proportional to how expensive an item is...Fast response time -- cheap item, Slow response time --expensive item. When I am trying to buy 1 alch items for animate guardians I get a response almost immediately but when buying something for 50ex? Prepare to sit around and wait.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
It's because people double-check at that point in time whether the item might be under value. I definitely had the same issue, and when I sold my acuities for 8ex I made sure to double-check whether prices just skyrocketed for some reason and I didn't notice. For stuff that sits in your stash for a few days, it's definitely a somewhat common practice.

Angthoron

Arcane
Been thinking to get into this again after the holidays, are there any decent melee builds? Somehow I can rarely stomach ranged chars in this type of game, unless the gameplay really fucks you hard as close combat char.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Well, PoE is perfect case of this. "Melee" characters are ranged or casters or whatever that just happen to carry melee weapon with them and have "melee" word in chosen skill description.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Only actual melee would be namelocking skills that require you to hit an enemy in melee-range.

Basically every melee-ability has an AoE-effect attributed to it, be it sunder, tectonic slam, ground slam, sweep etc. Those are usually scaled to ridiculous levels so you have some decent map-clear and dont have to hit every single mob by itself. With mechanics like these available, as well as being able to simply increase the base-melee range of any weapon-type, it really all depends on what you consider to be a "melee" build.

Dual-strike would probably be closest to an actual melee-build.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't think sending some elemental waves for 20 meters in all directions from your weapon is "melee". It's just what you do with arc witch - press rmb in general enemy direction and collect loot. Same playstyle, just dps numbers on your main hand statstick matters more.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I agree, but there's not really any skills that don't either have an AoE effect trigger automatically, or that you support with multistrike/splash or rely on heralds to clear packs for you. All of which would fall into the category of what you just described.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Cleave is somewhat melee. If i want to play melee character i have no other choice. You can make aoe bigger with some juju jewels but it's still weapon range. Sort of.

Sharpedge

Prophet
It's because people double-check at that point in time whether the item might be under value. I definitely had the same issue, and when I sold my acuities for 8ex I made sure to double-check whether prices just skyrocketed for some reason and I didn't notice. For stuff that sits in your stash for a few days, it's definitely a somewhat common practice.
I was more under the impression that the people who own valuable items tend to be the ones who value their time more and thus have a lower response rate as they are putting their time to better use. I know for a fact I won't even pick up those 1-2 alch items, let alone take the time to sell them and yeah, if an item is under a certain price threshold, there is a good chance I just don't respond at all, let alone late.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Thats definitely true as well, people who sell high-value items aren't the types to just sit in their hideout, so chances are they're in a boss fight or clearing a map and don't insta-invite you the second you message them.

Sharpedge

Prophet
and yeah, if an item is under a certain price threshold, there is a good chance I just don't respond at all, let alone late.
So why you list it for sale under certain price treshold if you don't plan to sell it?
On the offhand chance I am not doing something when I get messaged, I will sell the item, but I won't portal out of a map or go out of my way to break my routine to sell whatever they are messaging me for.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just got back into PoE and am wondering what this new league is about. I've killed a bunch of the new unique enemies but I'm unsure what the different choices I'm presented with actually do in the grand scheme of things. Should I be interrogating or negotiating with them? The game does a poor job at explaining the new systems.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom