Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Stabwound

Arcane
I've played like 30 hours and only had one unique drop. And it was in the first 30 minutes I played.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aw fuck man. I just saw my first unique drop and before I was able to pick it up I got kicked from the server.

Screw this. I'm waiting for a few weeks / for the full release, the stability issues are a pain in the ass at the moment.

empi

Augur
Have had 5 uniques drop so far (6 if you count portal gem :p), they're all trash though, apart from a Fairgreave's Tricorn that I got as an early drop to a char that died shortly after.

Also just lost a char in cruel a2 because I went afk for a couple minutes and forgot to portal into town, very fucking retarded but owell

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I have 4, and some of them are even usefull! A nice amulet for a Summoner witch, a decent helmet, a decent level 30 something evasion armor for Ranger and a shitty low level bow.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The funny thing is, all of my uniques were dropped by shitty mobs while I was just doing quests and stuff.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Should really be running gold rings/amulets for all the low levels. You don't really need the boost that much with good enough other gear(except resistances against bosses), and you can start to rack up a decent amount of orbs/rares/and some uniques. Combine that will taking it slow and playing around with alts at the same time and you can keep most of your dudes pretty well equipped. This has been my strategy in HC, among other things. Not blowing through the levels with one char, but going through with about four roughly the same level(or within 5), and some extras to test out builds.

Castanova

Prophet
w00t, found my first 5L item! It's a dex/energy shield chestpiece. Found it in Act 1 Merciless. For a minute I contemplated selling it but screw that -- gonna have to build a new character around it.

On the topic of Merciless, though, losing 15% of your level for a death is pretty brutal.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I'm slowly drudging through act 2 and once I hit about 75% xp I port back to submerged passage to level up to avoid losing it from cheap deaths. It's really awesome that you just need to ctrl+click on the zone or portal to reset the map.

I also got my first map and upgraded it with chisels. It's lvl 66 Crypt. I guess I shouldn't bother going there before I hit that level?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
First HC death due to lag. Horrible

I feel for yah man, happened to me a couple times. Remember to be at least two levels higher than your area, just to make things a little less risky. Some people on HC do 4+ levels higher. Spam some sort of meat shield in minions or totems if you hit a big mob, even if they are low level skeletons they can be distractions for flicker strike mobs and bosses. Also focus on resists and health early on, as well as defense first. You can always respec later as the build comes into its own. Other things to do is to keep spamming potions even if there's a lag spike, it will most of the time "recognize" the key strokes, or just log out if it goes longer than a few seconds. Better to lose progress than die. I've also been running a lot of levels with at least one other player, sometimes if a desync happens it only affects one person and they can cover/kill the mobs.

Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

empi

Augur
I'm slowly drudging through act 2 and once I hit about 75% xp I port back to submerged passage to level up to avoid losing it from cheap deaths. It's really awesome that you just need to ctrl+click on the zone or portal to reset the map.

I also got my first map and upgraded it with chisels. It's lvl 66 Crypt. I guess I shouldn't bother going there before I hit that level?

Well you can't do maps until finishing act 3 merciless, and even then you might want to grind a bit beforehand, but as it's default you can probably try it then. And you can use transmutes/alts to give the map different magic effects

Revenant

Aw fuck man. I just saw my first unique drop and before I was able to pick it up I got kicked from the server.

Screw this. I'm waiting for a few weeks / for the full release, the stability issues are a pain in the ass at the moment.
I have been playing the game for many hours and haven't experienced a single disconnection or lag spike whatsoever. You folks must have lousy internet connections.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

I have been playing the game for many hours and haven't experienced a single disconnection or lag spike whatsoever. You folks must have lousy internet connections.

No, my internet connection is fine. This is definitely a server-based problem - even the patch notes state that they are working on the connection issues. Just consider yourself lucky you don't experience this shit.

empi

Augur
There are realm wide crashes and disconnects, it's not people's lousy internet, lol

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I have been playing the game for many hours and haven't experienced a single disconnection or lag spike whatsoever.

Yeah... I find that hard to believe since everytime I crash the client tells me it's due to a realm reset or server overload issue.

It's cool though, they're in open beta, and they had the decency to tell us so unlike Diablo III that was released as unfinished bullshit and demanding a 60 euro investment.

Gregz

Arcane
Playing HC on a unstable server-side game, which will kill you off if you lose connection, or if there's a power outage...or...whatever...just seems a bit loony to me.

Games like Nethack sure, but this one? :roll:

Angthoron

Arcane
Great, now I have a Stun Threshold Lowered support gem and a +AoE support gem both... But currently can only use one thanks to lousy socketing. Which's better, bros?

Angthoron

Arcane
Great, now I have a Stun Threshold Lowered support gem and a +AoE support gem both... But currently can only use one thanks to lousy socketing. Which's better, bros?

Buy some 5L armor.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/306
Not worth it at the level I currently am, tbh, maybe once I'm on Merciless (It's Normal - Cruel - Merciless - Something, right?). Will get a decent 4-link soon enough anyway, I'm sure, and 5-links will start dropping in a couple of levels too.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hm, will consider then. Shockwave + Life + AoE + Stun Threshold would be quite tempting to have.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Right now I'm running Leap Slam+ Physical %+ Attack Speed+ Life Per Hit. With Temporal Chains on mobs, I generally have a very safe crowd clearing and jumping allows me to focus high priority targets like archers and necromancers. It's great for latency issues as well, since you're never at one spot longer than a second. Granted, against chargers and bosses Ground Slam is still a must, since most of them chew my 2k hp in half in one hit.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

Buy some 5L armor.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/306
Not worth it at the level I currently am, tbh, maybe once I'm on Merciless (It's Normal - Cruel - Merciless - Something, right?). Will get a decent 4-link soon enough anyway, I'm sure, and 5-links will start dropping in a couple of levels too.
Current order of difficulties is Normal->Cruel->Merciless and thats all. There used to be an additional difficulty between cruel and merciless but with the release of Open Beta and Act 3 the difficulties were reduced to 3 and rebalanced a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom