Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Traps already did plenty of damage, their issue is cooldowns and lag time between deploying and firing.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I am looking forward to crushing endgame on a meta build and then leveling a melee char with just the harvest crafts and what I find. Depending on how often the Hellion Seed gives an exalt craft at <65 it could be a lot of fun.

Damned Registrations

You can use pretty much anything with mines. One of the more famous streamers is planning on using Toxic Rain with mines. I've got no idea what DoT skills are decent in the current meta though.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm just gonna play toxic rain, but still couldn't decide which class.
Occultist or Berserker for fun, I say. If you go Occultist I guess you'd go Withering Presence + Malediction. If you go Juggernaut you want Blitz and Aspect of Carnage, and for the last one probably War Bringer.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You can use pretty much anything with mines. One of the more famous streamers is planning on using Toxic Rain with mines. I've got no idea what DoT skills are decent in the current meta though.
interesting... there is no toxic rain miner/trapper trickster, its 100% saboteur in ssf

I think Octavian's variant used Trickster instead of Sabooty to great effect. Slap a Kintsugi on and take the newly available Wind Dancer keystone and it should be very strong.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
interesting... there is no toxic rain miner/trapper trickster, its 100% saboteur in ssf
Trickster has many great nodes for DoT and defense. Toxic rain is mostly a dot skill, so it should be fine for trickster, although the mana will be trickier since you're not getting the 10% regen.

Anyone have any specific tips for ssf btw? It will be my first time running it this league.

Damned Registrations

Trickster has many great nodes for DoT and defense. Toxic rain is mostly a dot skill, so it should be fine for trickster, although the mana will be trickier since you're not getting the 10% regen.

Anyone have any specific tips for ssf btw? It will be my first time running it this league.
Look up the vendor recipes, there'll be a lot that are useful with trade disabled.
You can throw vaal fragments in the map device to run vaal side areas, good source of corrupted gems and 6 links.
Forget about ever doing half the content because it's gated behind RNG LOL

Damned Registrations

My current plan is to just run normal league while avoiding trade as long as I can possibly stand. Which hopefully will be a long ass time with the crafting mechanics and all the content I have to catch up on. But I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I need to start over from scratch just because I want to run some unique map or old league boss without farming for 5000 hours.

Damned Registrations

So I've got magma orb mines going now, it's fucking fun. Throw traps behind me at melee unique > detonate and run away > unique mob eats every single bounce. This will be very balanced once my orbs have like 5 bounces I am sure.

eklektyk

Erudite
so in a proper ggg fashion lege start is another fuckup

i wonder if at their offices they got pc's from one maker with just one rigid specs ... since this issue of them thinking everything is ok and thed going suprised pichaczu when everything burns around them is a staple legue launch

at the moment you have a choice - either praise that vulcan will run on your pc or go with dx11 and play without textures ala runescape grapix

bonus thing is that with graphics going on properly on vulcan you get free bloom out da ass ..it burnsssSSSS

pro tip of the day - go to options and disable fucking screen schake since ggg thought it would be really snarky to autoenable it for everyone with update ... ffs

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wouldn't be surprised if they (somehow) made dx11 even more unplayable mess to push Vulkan and then remove dx11 entirely.
Maybe Dx12 come some day? jk

Can't use Vulkan even with upgraded drivers for now
rating_rage.gif

Absinthe

Arcane
Btw Cyberarmy if you go Occultist you might want to invest in a Doedre's Skin and load up a single effigy with Projectile Weakness, Vulnerability, Punishment, Assassin's Mark, Warlord's Mark, and Poacher's Mark. That will score you 6 curses for +48% of non-chaos added as chaos. It also ignores curse limit so you can still do gloves/boots/helmet with Bane, Despair, Enfeeble, and Temporal Chains for your 3 curse slots when you're doing bosses and shit (also makes for another +24% of non-chaos added as chaos for an easy +72%). At this rate though the build is drifting more into hit damage than DoT damage.

Absinthe

Arcane
Use Writhing Jar if you're worried about getting the recent kill trigger when you need it. You could also use Vaal Portal (the breach gem), but that's probably overkill.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Don't hoard your currency.
Hillock in Fortification can give you 28% quality on a Unique Armour. That will make 6-linking easier.
Consider holding off on unlocking your Atlas completely in order to farm Cells/Tower for the Shavs divination card.
You can recolour corrupted 6-links with the crafting bench in your hideout. The cheapest craft is 4xChromes + 4xVaals.
Spam maps and map bosses as fast as you can. Map bosses give you master missions, league uniques and Shaper/Guardian maps.
Save your Chance Orbs until you get into maps. Buyout Zana's shop after every Zana mission early on to build your pool.
Pick Zana missions that ask you to complete a Lab Trial early on to unlock Uber Lab.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom