Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
didnt exist at a time
I plan on exploding (living) corpses

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
this is fun! also apparently auna wil works with necromancer corpse pact.
Biggest threat to my life are chests that are exploding corpses.

Cant wait to pull maligaro lens, alwas had few each league. Is there something that would recover mana in same way? To have more fun im running mom and agnostic.

tritosine2k

Erudite

Cant wait to pull maligaro lens, alwas had few each league. Is there something that would recover mana in same way? To have more fun im running mom and agnostic.
Run a clarity gem.

Mind drinker anoint, won't help bossfights though.

Victario's Flight - Damage taken Recouped as Mana

+1

Spirited Response

Cobalt Jewel
Limited to: 1
Radius: Medium

10% increased maximum Mana
With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, 10% of Damage taken Recouped as Mana if you've Warcried Recently

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Also I get the complaining about texture streaming now. As soon as I got to maps I started having issues with skills and icons not loading (what curse is that green blob over me? Fucked if I know). Even had a few maps where the enemies/spells wouldn't render at all until they were on screen for 1+ seconds.

So you now go from being able to tell what is going on, to having everything drowned in particle effects, to just having everything be invisible.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also I get the complaining about texture streaming now. As soon as I got to maps I started having issues with skills and icons not loading (what curse is that green blob over me? Fucked if I know). Even had a few maps where the enemies/spells wouldn't render at all until they were on screen for 1+ seconds.

So you now go from being able to tell what is going on, to having everything drowned in particle effects, to just having everything be invisible.

I had an issue the other day where Sirus maze (which had loaded correctly for most of the fight) suddenly went invisible mid fight and decided to load after I'd died.

I don't usually have issues with the texture streaming, but if this is what others are getting frequently, I can see why they aren't happy with it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
new league mechanic starts well and goes full retardo by act4. moar, moar enemies and random dragon ball effects on the screen! It dwarfs what was happening in heists

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
new league mechanic starts well and goes full retardo by act4. moar, moar enemies and random dragon ball effects on the screen! It dwarfs what was happening in heists
I kinda like it. It's simple and it's fun to hear the trialmaster tilt when you win. But of course it is still PoE, so being able to tell what is going on becomes incredibly hard past the first wave, as the various monsters, auras and effects stack up. And the rewards feel good most of the time.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I kinda like it. It's simple and it's fun to hear the trialmaster tilt when you win. But of course it is still PoE, so being able to tell what is going on becomes incredibly hard past the first wave, as the various monsters, auras and effects stack up. And the rewards feel good most of the time.

My biggest issue with the league mechanic is how insanely RNG getting the Trialmaster fight is, and if you've chosen the wrong mods for the trials then you're fucked if he does give you the fight.

I wish they'd made it fragments or deterministic rather than just randomly getting 10 wave trials.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
and if you've chosen the wrong mods for the trials then you're fucked if he does give you the fight.
Why would you ever choose wrong mods?

Or is the boss encounter relying on having chosen mods which are otherwise poor?

I'm having real trouble with maps this league... had 0 at the end of acts, and despite killing 2 conqs I have 0 yellow maps so far.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
and if you've chosen the wrong mods for the trials then you're fucked if he does give you the fight.
Why would you ever choose wrong mods?

Or is the boss encounter relying on having chosen mods which are otherwise poor?

I'm having real trouble with maps this league... had 0 at the end of acts, and despite killing 2 conqs I have 0 yellow maps so far.

You may have chosen mods that are good for trials like conquer the circles but are awful for the trialmaster bossfight.

It also uses map mods as well, so rather infuriating if you've got map mods that don't gel well with the fight. Wouldn't really matter if he was a little more common, but with the rarity of 10 wave trails, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite

Tested this some more before I respec animate weapon summoner into caster.

So I'm leveling arcane surge gem for later use as caster and dropped in for summoner with MoM.
It works awesome. 16% cast speed , need it with AW. 0.8% all mana /s . Very noticable. With immortal call, regen can overpower ailments .

Linked to 1. Convocation at move button, plus 2. elemental equillibrium trigger spell ( ethereal knives or bladefall for AW) triggers it almost always . Really nice.

Battle rouse passive gives more recouped mana from attacks (10%). Theres also a node that makes spells cost more so it triggers surge more easily ( "forethought" ). Doable in ssf.

Ultimatum gave me tabula rasa in act2 btw.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Sure. However, it's a bit of a meme build, like most Flicker Strike options. A powerful FS would be something like a max block Gladiator using The Surrender and a really good, high DPS foil (along with a mandatory Farrul's). With a ton of investment (200+ ex), FS is amazing for clear AND bossing.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
i played one such build 2-3 years ago and still have the equipment, can i make it work with the equipment i used then? (oros 6 linked/kaoms etc).
otherwise whats a fast melee build?

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm not sure you need Terminus Est, Oro's Sacrifice, Farrul's, or Red Trail boots for Flicker Strike anymore. With 20% Flicker Strike, Raider ascendancy, and Anomalous Blood Rage (20% quality gives +2% chance to gain frenzy charge on hitting a rare or unique enemy) with a level 4 Enhance gem on top, you have a 20% chance of getting a frenzy charge on hit, 45% chance of getting a frenzy charge on kill (+8% for 53% with the Disciple of the Slaughter passive), and another 24% chance of getting a frenzy charge on hitting a rare or unique enemy. Use the Awakened Multistrike (every trigger gives you 4 hits), which is a must-have for flicker builds, and your flicker strikes should be self-sustaining even without uniques.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Anomalous Blood Rage Enhance4

2x10 ex gem ,lol

just get a caspiro timeless "elegant hubris" for starters, it gives 10% frenzy on hit "eternal fervour" and needs no sustain .

maybe that ex idea is useful later with 80% cold attack dmg passive timeless, I saw one with 3.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik

Well, it doesn't get faster than Flicker Strike, but Cyclone is reasonably fast if geared for speed. Lacerate can be pretty quick, depending on attack speed. A Berserker can make lots of builds reasonably mobile.

Raider ascendancy

My advice is specific to the max block Gladiator FS. Yes, FS can be Frenzy sustained with Raider much more easily. But Raider is also terrible for getting the impale notables efficiently, which is usually a big part of any phys FS build. He can go elemental conversion, but it's a lot of hassle just for Raider's Frenzy sustain. The Raider also forces you down the evasion/dodge route. The max block Glad not only has great phys resist and solid life pool (>5,500HP), with a Surrender you've got a 250 life on block shield with 75/75 attack/spell block. The Raider is workable, but the drawbacks are significant.

tritosine2k

Erudite
You want corpse removal bc. porcupine&co and that's reliably done with elemental anyway.

You dont need to convert replica Oro comes with cold (shatters) and endurance on freeze maybe it can do constant immortal call with taste of hate flask should be decent.
Or there's cremator on cluster for burning corpse removal.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Anomalous Blood Rage Enhance4

2x10 ex gem ,lol
You really don't need to go that far tbh. It's only +4% chance to get a frenzy charge on hitting rares/uniques (+6% with a +2 socketed gems rare/unique). It's good to have, but you already have 40% chance of getting a frenzy charge on hit when you hit a rare/unique enemy. The must-have is Awakened Multistrike really.

just get a caspiro timeless "elegant hubris" for starters, it gives 10% frenzy on hit "eternal fervour" and needs no sustain .

maybe that ex idea is useful later with 80% cold attack dmg passive timeless, I saw one with 3.
That works too.

Well, it doesn't get faster than Flicker Strike, but Cyclone is reasonably fast if geared for speed. Lacerate can be pretty quick, depending on attack speed. A Berserker can make lots of builds reasonably mobile.
You can try Divergent Consecrated Path, I suppose.

Raider ascendancy

My advice is specific to the max block Gladiator FS. Yes, FS can be Frenzy sustained with Raider much more easily. But Raider is also terrible for getting the impale notables efficiently, which is usually a big part of any phys FS build. He can go elemental conversion, but it's a lot of hassle just for Raider's Frenzy sustain. The Raider also forces you down the evasion/dodge route. The max block Glad not only has great phys resist and solid life pool (>5,500HP), with a Surrender you've got a 250 life on block shield with 75/75 attack/spell block. The Raider is workable, but the drawbacks are significant.
If you go elemental you get perfectly strong damage, especially with the sheer scaling you get off of frenzy charges using Flicker Striker (4% more damage, +10% attack damage, +18% attack speed - add another +2% attack speed and +8% damage per frenzy if you take the passives - Darkray Vectors is pretty good for Ranger flicker imo). Raider can also go armor path instead, just take Iron Reflexes and with Raider's flask nodes, you can very easily use a Surgeon's Jade Flask of Reflexes (+ maybe Surgeon's Granite/Basalt Flask of Iron Skin) to get massive amounts of armor. Alternatively you can aim for the 75% dodge+spelldodge build (Omeyocan+MoM+mana leech?) but your armor will be much worse. Throw in a Wise Oak for another 15% (pre-Flask Effect) elemental penetration. Honestly ranger is not bad at phys damage either though. You just take Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil for another +56% increased attack speed instead of 20% elemental exposure.

Raider Ranger is the easiest way to do Flicker Strike without special uniques imo and it still does a good job of it.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
I tend to make my own builds rather than follow predefined builds. Just look at existing Flicker Strike builds for some ideas. I think it should be feasible to get Flicker Strike going once you have your first two ascendancy points for Way of the Poacher and throw a Multistrike on top of Flicker Strike, especially if you have the eternal empire timeless jewel for notable(s) with another +10% chance of frenzy charge on hit or a 20% flicker strike. Then you're just in the regular territory of making your weapon hit as hard as possible and getting your defenses up to something solid.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly ranger is not bad at phys damage either though.

I mean, it's definitely better than the north/northwest ascendancies, but compared to a Glad it's massively behind the curve. As long as you're going physical, there's not much choice, when considering the utility Glad gets you. Hell, you can even forego the 20% AS/MS (Arena Challenger) and go for Blood in the Eyes for Maim on hit and Blind on hit, which gives retarded evade for no investment whatsoever besides the ascendancy point. In many cases, that would leave you with ~70% phys reduction, 75/75 block chance, ~50% evade, with some basic flasks and over 5.5k life, with recovery on hit. Take Vaal's with a basic 0.4% phys damage leeched and you can face tank ridiculous shit.

Raider is better for elemental, no argument there, but elemental FS screams for a multi-cluster set-up on a Raider. You get exposure for free, but your ele damage nodes are too far away to consider, since you're doubling down on Frenzy charges and need the southern axis nodes.

Bang for buck, I'd go something like Raider with a Terminus Est (5-10c for a 5-link, 2 ex for a 6-link a few days into the league) for clearing white/yellow maps. For red and bossing, investment will be needed.

You want corpse removal bc. porcupine&co

If you're going down the Glad path with the massive block, health on block and phys damage reduction, you probably don't, outside of very, very specific circumstances. I've done 100% delirious T15-16s on this build with porcupine spawns and barely got touched. Lvl 20 Simulacrums are no issue.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom