Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
I want to play Ignite this league but I got no clue what to do. I would before grab all fire nodes, all life nodes around and Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, EO, EE and that is it. Now the new tree is all confusing, I tried to make a build or something but lost will. I will need to grab a build from someone that sounds good and not expensive.
Copying builds is for weaklings. It's not like they changed the tree that much.
Moving EE to other side of tree and EO so that you also need to invest into crit and using faster casting skill is a big change for ignite. Also I could before for 5 points get 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge, now that costs way too much.

This so called defense buff is a defense nerf in my opinion.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
practice_run_rng.png

typical practice run RNG

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want to play Ignite this league but I got no clue what to do. I would before grab all fire nodes, all life nodes around and Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, EO, EE and that is it. Now the new tree is all confusing, I tried to make a build or something but lost will. I will need to grab a build from someone that sounds good and not expensive.
Moving EE to other side of tree and EO so that you also need to invest into crit and using faster casting skill is a big change for ignite. Also I could before for 5 points get 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge, now that costs way too much.

But it's much much easier to hit the evasion cap this league. That and the new spell suppression mechanic should give you way more defence than Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics ever did.

It's only a nerf if you were running with mirror tier gear that had capped evasion and dodge.

Deflowerer

Arcane

I don't get why people even do that in a game like PoE.

Perkel

Arcane
It is the same thing when people rather than win race they pay for win with money. People aren't interested in playing game. They are interesting in "winning"

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Path of Exile isn't for making your own builds, it's for blasting maps and farming drops. What you're thinking of is Path of Building.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I don't get why people even do that in a game like PoE.
Because after playing this game since Closed Beta I no longer have time or willpower to make more than 1-2 characters per league so I want to play those that are not crap.

ArchAngel

Arcane

But it's much much easier to hit the evasion cap this league. That and the new spell suppression mechanic should give you way more defence than Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics ever did.

It's only a nerf if you were running with mirror tier gear that had capped evasion and dodge.
Evasion is crap and I am not sure if it is easier, only thing they did is reverse Evasion flask nerf but through gear. Maybe only good addition is that you can use Grace aura with less mana reserved.
As for spell suppression and Phase Acrobatics.. fuck that shit. You need 100% spell suppression to make sure you get 50% of spell damage on you. You have to spend a ton of points for that. To have 50% spell dodge before was 1 passive point, one potion and one boot enchant (or some other easy way). I looked at the tree, you have to spent shit ton of passive points to get like 50% spell suppression and then you also need to get a lot on gear.

BTW they also killed Vaal Grace for any non evasion build.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Evasion is crap and I am not sure if it is easier, only thing they did is reverse Evasion flask nerf but through gear. Maybe only good addition is that you can use Grace aura with less mana reserved.
As for spell suppression and Phase Acrobatics.. fuck that shit. You need 100% spell suppression to make sure you get 50% of spell damage on you. You have to spend a ton of points for that. To have 50% spell dodge before was 1 passive point, one potion and one boot enchant (or some other easy way). I looked at the tree, you have to spent shit ton of passive points to get like 50% spell suppression and then you also need to get a lot on gear.

Evasion isn't crap, it was just super powerful to combine with dodge before.

They've increased the evasion percent cap and reduced the amount required to hit the cap.

It never made any sense for dodge/evasion to be separate rolls (the clue is in the name, they literally mean the same thing).

ArchAngel

Arcane

Evasion isn't crap, it was just super powerful to combine with dodge before.

They've increased the evasion percent cap and reduced the amount required to hit the cap.

It never made any sense for dodge/evasion to be separate rolls (the clue is in the name, they literally mean the same thing).
It did because you risked one shots without both systems. Now one shots are going to be happening more often than ever. I played this game before Dodge was introduced. New meta will now be evasion and shield block. All they did was fuck over non shield evasion characters.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
tried poisonus flask as soon as it became available. Yeah... cant beat throwing snake skill so whatever. Will come back next league

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
tried poisonus flask as soon as it became available. Yeah... cant beat throwing snake skill so whatever. Will come back next league
Throwing snake? The base numbers on poison flask seem pretty good to me (at least as long as there's flask charges to use), but I haven't investigated how hard it is to scale.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Throwing snake?
whatever is the name of chaining poison skill that requires dagger/claw

I expected flask throwing to be good in ssf but even with mediocre weapon chaning poison is better. At least very early that is

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Meanwhile, there are people saying it's one of the most busted, overpowered levelling skills in years.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Caster plus trapper nerf in effect:

https://poe-racing.com/SSF Scourge HC

Imagine playing creeping frost DoT.

Why use SSF HC to gauge trapper/caster nerfs? Trappers are generally far too squishy for HC. In SSF, most casters are, too.

For the record, 23% of ranked players league started Saboteur... They really fucked up not trimming Seismic Traps, a bit. It just makes bossing too easy.

I've league started a General's Cry Berserker (Shield Crush). Almost at maps. So far, so good.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
More so because the projectiles apparently shotgun really nicely with AOE, making single target really good. Definitely, though, the basic numbers are also strong.

Basically, the Forbidden Rite of this league.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
More so because the projectiles apparently shotgun really nicely with AOE, making single target really good. Definitely, though, the basic numbers are also strong.

Basically, the Forbidden Rite of this league.
How can it shotgun? It's just a basic projectile spell isn't it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom