Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

empi

Augur
I'm a huge fan of Acrobats/Phase Acrobatics + Arrow Dodging. I don't have hard evidence backing it up but I suspect it's superior to armor builds in a lot of ways. What makes it a bit difficult is that you need to stack enough HP along with it, though, and there isn't a ton of HP available on that side of the tree.

Can you race experts help me here by filling out the rest of this 1-hour race gameplan?

1. Kill Hillock
2. Rush to the Ledge, arriving at level 3.
3. Grind the Ledge to level 8 or 9.
4. Optional: kill Hailrake if you need the skill gem and/or the Quicksilver
5. Kill Brutus
6. ???
7. Profit

I need the #6 part since #1-5 takes up less than 30 minutes.

Grinding ledge is safe exp but for a 1 hour race it's too slow, without it you can reach brutus in 20-odd minutes. After brutus you run through prisoner's gate, dont die to puncture/leap slamming, don't die to the rhoas in shipyard, get some exp in coves and continue on to merveil. Kill her and get to western asap and grind for the last little while. That's pretty much the plan

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
raw add Buzzbro, my glorious soon-to-be-60-and-if-I-die-I'm-ragequitting-this-game marauder.

Castanova

Prophet
Grinding ledge is safe exp but for a 1 hour race it's too slow, without it you can reach brutus in 20-odd minutes. After brutus you run through prisoner's gate, dont die to puncture/leap slamming, don't die to the rhoas in shipyard, get some exp in coves and continue on to merveil. Kill her and get to western asap and grind for the last little while. That's pretty much the plan

So you're aiming to kill Brutus at level, like, 5 or something?

EDIT: something else I'm reading suggests grinding Ledge to around level 7 and hitting 9 on the way through Lower Prison. Makes some sense to me.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
&
I'm a huge fan of Acrobats/Phase Acrobatics + Arrow Dodging. I don't have hard evidence backing it up but I suspect it's superior to armor builds in a lot of ways. What makes it a bit difficult is that you need to stack enough HP along with it, though, and there isn't a ton of HP available on that side of the tree.

Can you race experts help me here by filling out the rest of this 1-hour race gameplan?

1. Kill Hillock
2. Rush to the Ledge, arriving at level 3.
3. Grind the Ledge to level 8 or 9.
4. Optional: kill Hailrake if you need the skill gem and/or the Quicksilver
5. Kill Brutus
6. ???
7. Profit

I need the #6 part since #1-5 takes up less than 30 minutes.

6. Survive.

You must not die as even if you get level 20 and you die after three seconds, you won't appear in the list and get any points. :D

empi

Augur

So you're aiming to kill Brutus at level, like, 5 or something?

EDIT: something else I'm reading suggests grinding Ledge to around level 7 and hitting 9 on the way through Lower Prison. Makes some sense to me.

Kill Brutus at like 8-9ish, picking up exp by drawing the occasional pack in prison/rocky road

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I have two noobie characters in case someone feels like adding me: AzaelBro a level 11 (or 12?) Marauder and a p. fresh Shadow called A_Flipping_Ninja

Castanova

Prophet
Wow, OK. Lost my first character 10 minutes into the race due to an insane desync, then lost my second character 20 minutes later due to another insane desync. Racing is.... fun?

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Racing is... shit. I didn't sleep for that and i only got like 3 points.

:x

empi found himself dead after a loading screen.

Tigranes

Arcane
I tried to race with @Ormagöden, was 3 minutes late so had to catch up, caught up and died because monsters were 8 levels higher than me, then realised if you die the race is over. Good times. :P

LeJosh

Savant
Thought I'd stop lurking and ask if anyone would like to party up on Default league with my level 30 Witch, name is Nerlissa.

Anyone doing the race which is starting in 25 minutes or so?

Stabwound

Arcane
Played for an hour in this 3 hour race, only got to level 10 and killed Brutus. Realized I don't care enough to play for another 2 hours and maybe get 3-4 points.

I guess going blindly into it without any plan doesn't work that well.

empi

Augur
Yeah rhoas got me in shipyard at 30-something minutes, very much out of practice

LeJosh

Savant
I got hailraked on my first attempt with a Duelist, then just got beaten in the Shipyard as a marauder, claw with shield was working well up until then.

Only level 11.

Raapys

Arcane
Four hours of play, 3 5-linked whites, 2 decent uniques and 3 lvl70 maps. Sometimes the RNG gods do seem to love me.

Tigranes

Arcane
Solo'd up to Act 2 and am now level 15 or so. Died a few times solo'ing the boss but nothing really difficult at the moment.

Anyone in that range hit me up, Volosinov.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Lvl 65, still alive. Managed to nullify merciless chaos penalty and hp is steadily rising past 5k hp. I do absolutely shit damage, though, and the fact that 6 linked armor costs 8+ exalteds doesn't help.

Stabwound

Arcane
Died to desync in Cruel Rocky Climb on my summoner.

Lost interest in this game for the time being. Such stupid fucking bullshit. Fixing that should be their number one priority. I lost some good equipment that I was sharing between characters too. :(

Gregz

Arcane
Died to desync in Cruel Rocky Climb on my summoner.

Lost interest in this game for the time being. Such stupid fucking bullshit. Fixing that should be their number one priority. I lost some good equipment that I was sharing between characters too. :(

This is why hardcore over TCP/IP is a bad idea folks.

Gerrard

Arcane
Level 56, nearing end of act 3, gotta say, shit got really fucking tedious now. I have max lightning resist and it doesn't do shit on the battlefront. Also lag spikes and monsters warping all the time.

Castanova

Prophet
I'm still enjoying the game, doing maps and stuff, but I don't have such a strong desire to try out any new builds now. I'm wondering if the staying power is less than I hoped for, here. The race schedule is a big disappointment for me thanks to time zone issues and the fact that there are way too many long races and not enough short ones. Then, on top of that, my first race experience was total shit thanks to desyncs.

Raapys

Arcane
They did claim( I think? ) they would be adding like one new skill and one new support a week, once they got into a more stable patch schedule. And yeah, it could definitely use something like that. Also some changes to the end game, I'd say. Way too difficult to hold a decent amount of higher level maps. Doing 66 maps at lvl 80+ is just embarrassing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom