Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

empi

Augur
Except it's ilevel100 and can roll any implicit value, 25 is just an example

Zdzisiu

Arcane
But the max on those rings is +30hp. But but, as you said, its itemlevel 100 so you can get some pretty nice additional stats on it. And it has unique art.

Raapys

Arcane
Somewhat disappointing rewards. Hope they bump it up a bit. One guy had the neat idea of using your saved up points to buy 'currency bags', which I think sounds nice. Or maybe they could offer more white crafting gear like the ring, but ilvl 100 chest armor/gloves/boots/weapons and stuff. The way they've made it now, I doubt I can be bothered except to try out the new game mode stuff which does sound cool.

Also disappointed at the Piety nerf. She really wasn't that big a problem with proper lightning res, and it's sad to see them giving in so soon.

empi

Augur
Eh races are as fun as PoE closed beta got imo, regardless of any reward

Raapys

Arcane
It's fun yeah, but it also takes away time I could spend progressing on my 'real' characters, in terms of high-level farming and leveling. Spending 3 hours here and 3 hours there for no real gain for my main characters feels kinda wasted. Having at least some reasonable reward for playing and doing well in those spent hours would make the decision to participate in races much easier.

Castanova

Prophet
Really, really disappointed in this race announcement. The rewards are completely unappealing which means that the only reason to play races is if you enjoy races per se. The rewards, despite being lame, are also totally unattainable for some people. Like, I'm on the US East Coast and it's literally impossible for me to play ANY weekday event unless I take the day off from work. So that means it's impossible for me to get the later RP rewards even if I wanted them. It also means I have far fewer chances to try to luck my way into a Demigod.

empi

Augur
@Castonova

"If the races have no rewards except for the top 2% of players, then only the top 2% of players will continue to play them."

You get reward points pretty easily from what i'm seeing, starting at level 13 for 1 hour race? That's pretty easy for anyone to get, surely

Also, lets make a team for saturday's party races kkk

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Im all for some party racing. Add Januszek, thats my mara on default.

Timezone wise I'm potato so GMT+1.

Castanova

Prophet
@Castonova

"If the races have no rewards except for the top 2% of players, then only the top 2% of players will continue to play them."

You get reward points pretty easily from what i'm seeing, starting at level 13 for 1 hour race? That's pretty easy for anyone to get, surely

Also, lets make a team for saturday's party races kkk

Yes, but (a) you'll have to play a TON of races for those minor points to add up to anything and (b) even if you do amass a bunch of points, the rewards are completely useless. The only REAL reward in this new structure is if you win a Demigod. Hence, the top 2% of players.

empi

Augur
Eh you need to do like 4 or 5 races not very well to get the lowest tier reward. They would be very valuable if they add higher ilevel mods at some point in the future.
But maybe I not the best person to discuss prizes, I'd definitely race with no prizes

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Freezing Pulse is really starting to piss me off. It's absolutely impossible to use near doorways or walls. Sometimes I'm standing toe to toe with an enemy, spamming it and it turns out I'm not doing shit, because edge of the spell touches the wall and is wasted. I would also appreciate if health bars of bosses would show at all times, since casting spells with multiple projectiles forces you to hold cursor behind the mob and every time you scroll over it to see it's health, the spell loses overlapping dps.

bloodlover

Arcane
Freezing Pulse is really starting to piss me off. It's absolutely impossible to use near doorways or walls. Sometimes I'm standing toe to toe with an enemy, spamming it and it turns out I'm not doing shit, because edge of the spell touches the wall and is wasted. I would also appreciate if health bars of bosses would show at all times, since casting spells with multiple projectiles forces you to hold cursor behind the mob and every time you scroll over it to see it's health, the spell loses overlapping dps.

Use Ice Spear. Easy as that. Freezing Pulse also has a very short range for my taste.

Stabwound

Arcane
Anyone in HC have a decent Sidhebreath? I'll pay fair market price, chaos/alcs. I've been hunting this thing forever but forum trading is an exercise in driving yourself nuts.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Use Ice Spear. Easy as that. Freezing Pulse also has a very short range for my taste.

Freezing Pulse is a "shotgun" spell meant for close quarters combat, hence the freeze chance and damage bonus at point blank distance. It's stupid that I can't use it efficiently in the environment it was designed for. Apparently this has been a major complaint about the spell since the very beginning, so I guess I'll have to suck it up.

Tigranes

Arcane
Alright, so I downloaded the beta. Is there any basic noob stuff I should know before I go forth with totally no build-analysis?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I think one of the most important noob tips is: don't waste currency items (the various orbs you'll be finding) on low-level stuff.

Tigranes

Arcane
Got to Level 3 as 'Shadow', not that I know what any of the classes do, found the medicine chest, got some basic low level drops, haven't bought anything or gone to level up screen yet. Gonna have to get used to picking up loot like mad after D3 I guess.

Is there a Codexer play-together thing?

empi

Augur
Freezing pulse gets a pretty big range with enough projectile speed, which is why qual freezing pulse is so valuable

And stabwound, just found a sidhebreath, add AllIEverWanded

Tigranes

Arcane
dibens, Grunker, empi added. Dude is level 7 now and I spent a few points, but damn, that tree is weird. There's far too many skills and they're all passive bonuses. What gives?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Well, it IS called "Passive Skill Tree". All active skills come in a form of gems that you get as quest rewards or loot. As long as you meet STR/DEX/INT requirements you can use any skills, so just play around, see which ones feel awesome to you and stick to them- they will level up and increase in strength as you gain experience and mod them with support gems.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Well duh, that's passive's tree. Active skills only come from equipped gems.

Edit; derp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom