Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
With regards to the armour vs evasion discussion, I recommend watching Kripp's video on defences:

Castanova

Prophet
Any of you HC guys have a dead character who has a Weapon Elemental Damage gem that you're not using? I could speed-run a new Templar to the Cavern of Wrath but I'm sort of lazy.

Stabwound

Arcane
Nope, but if it's a quest reward from that early in the game in default you can probably buy one easily enough.

Aothan

Magister
my two-handed sword Ranger is now level 60 and i have just completed a full circuit of the armour-evasion hybrid skill nodes. As such I happen to be heavily invested in the Duelist's skill tree area making my character practically a 'dual-class' Ranger/Duelist. The hybrid armour is more robust than I expected with armour readily boosted to approximately 61% (Molten Shell and one Endurance Charge) and evasion at a impressive 55% given the use of wyrmscale armours and such. Most of the success comes down to how effective evasion can be when facing multiple ranged attacks as well as any type of attack that can potentially convey a status effect (poison and shock notably).

this utility: http://poe.xyz.is/ has recently been presented and discussed at length on the forums and I would say that it is possibly the most useful third party program available for Path of Exile. Basically it is a search program for all items listed in the trade forums, most if not all of the search features are now working so that it is possible to generate item lists with specific parameters. Previously it would take twenty minutes every so often to browse the first page (after which period of time half those threads would have shifted to page three), so the ease of this utility is really quite remarkable. I've also had the opportunity to come across items listed about a week or so ago that were lost amidst the deluge of trading posts.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Are there any tools that sum together all the stats and bonuses from the passive tree?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Get to Merciless Pyramid. Enter first big room. See huge group of elite constructs amongst two immortality totems.
:rage:

Thank God for Fire Trap. Although I still don't get why it's necessary for Cruel and Merciless to cut into your Chaos Resistance, given how rare of a mod it seems to be.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, chaos resistance is kinda weird, you either get CI and dont give a fuck about it or try to get those Chaos resistance nodes which are sparse and far away from each other. And chaos res on gear is quite rare too.

CI is such a powerfull node still. You dont have to give a fuck about chaos res which gives you more skill points and more freedom in gear, you dont have to take any life nodes, just energy shield, you also always get the bonus from the support gem +% damage on full life. And you can make your life regeneration be applied to your energy shield.
The major downside to CI is the fact that you need to do something with the fact that you will be stunned very easily, but there is gear/nodes for that too.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wiow so not only I have to deal with fucking lag and desyncs the maps fucking reset themselves after a set amount of time even while you're logged in.
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be shot.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED CLEARING THAT PYRAMID BECAUSE NOW YOU GET TO DO IT AGAIN
AND BY THE TIME YOU FIND THE STAIRS THE NEXT LEVEL WILL HAVE RESET ITSELF TOO
Fuck you.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I love the time based, on demand map reset feature. It removes the need to re-log bazillion times when farming (Diablo) and if for some reason you are thrown out of the game and relog within 8-15minutes, you don't lose your progress. Plus, it makes finding waypoints that much more important.

Even if you are forced to re-do content, you're only getting more xp and lewtz before facing off with the boss.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
They are a great source of information on what crazy skill combos can be pulled off and stay viable through the game, but other than that there's little point in them, since play-style and passive tree progression depends almost entirely on what lewtz are you getting. Besides, a good portion of builds depend on 80ish+ passive points and even respeccing to unlock their true potential, which makes 90% of char's life boring shit. Especially true when I'm yet to have a guy survive past lvl 52 anyway. Fire trap spam sounds awesome, but I had no idea they do so much damage as the writer claims. I had like lvl 12 firetrap and it couldn't kill shit, just rough them up a little bit before the main course skills. Also love the "I thought of this first, you guys", lol.

Nim

Augur
if for some reason you are thrown out of the game and relog within 8-15minutes, you don't lose your progress.
IDK, my maps are always reset when I d/c and log back immediately.
Sounds like a rollback due to server crash.
Maps with 2 exits stay open for 8 minutes after you leave, those with 3 ( say dark forest) for 15 mins.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Fire trap spam sounds awesome, but I had no idea they do so much damage as the writer claims. I had like lvl 12 firetrap and it couldn't kill shit, just rough them up a little bit before the main course skills.
Maybe 4 trap gems instead of 1 will make the difference. Breezing though act 1 but you can do that with any build anyway. Two arc totems should add nice dps mid-late game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom