Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

DakaSha

Arcane
Love that you can't target summons anymore. Hate the new gem graphics. My gem tab in my stash went from visually organized to giant mess.

Also, the new patch gave me good luck. Literally the first item that dropped after the patch, while I was playing a level 25 character, was a Regal Orb. I also got a sweet 4L that I needed for him.

The gem graphics are absolutely horrible but i still prefer to know what a gem is at a glance.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I think you mean rapiers

Those too, but I meant swords have "increased accuracy rating" which is completely wasted on RT build. You would be better off with axes, DPS wise. I'm not even sure that unless you're going elemental or crit build, dual wield is worth it at all over two-handed weapons, considering how armor works in this game.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
The gem graphics are absolutely horrible but i still prefer to know what a gem is at a glance.

I agree that they're a bit overdone and it's now harder to distinguish between skill and support gems. Still, this is beta so I'm sure they're subject to change.

empi

Augur
Yeah I really don't like these gem graphics, ruined my nice ultra organised gem stash

Angthoron

Arcane
Seem to have been getting a lot more lag in PoE lately, anyone else having the same? In fact, just now had ~500ms on EU, at this hour seems really strange. Makes looting really awful in raiding parties, people have ninjaed several of my drops just today because of the fucking click delay. Not that I mind too much, wasn't anything horribly special but fucking still, nice ending up with a white item instead of a yellow that was reserved to me for 3 seconds.

In fact, the whole FFA looting system kind of sucks dicks at the moment, I guess I can see what they're going for, but as soon as you have one dick in the group, all the looting goes to shit as he runs off opening chests all over the fucking map.

And seriously, what's with the lag?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Just lost my lvl 52 marauder to that Vaal Overfuck. That mauling attack is beyond ridiculous (had 2k hp and 700 es).

Zdzisiu

Arcane
But it is quite easy to spot when he will use it. But I do admit, it hurts like crazy, even with full fire res.

Castanova

Prophet
But it is quite easy to spot when he will use it. But I do admit, it hurts like crazy, even with full fire res.

Assuming you're not desyncing. The other night, he raised up his arm to do the slam and then I instantly died with his hands still in the air. He proceeded to slam my dead body.

Also, I am noticing a bit more lag recently. I'm on the US servers, I'm assuming.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
It was his rubble, that finished me off. After he teared through shield and 90% of my health, I ran to the portal and the brick fell on me just as I clicked it. With the area load delay I can't really tell if it's in the process or I'm just standing there like an idiot.

Angthoron

Arcane

Assuming you're not desyncing. The other night, he raised up his arm to do the slam and then I instantly died with his hands still in the air. He proceeded to slam my dead body.

Also, I am noticing a bit more lag recently. I'm on the US servers, I'm assuming.
Yeah, I've been witnessing this quite a lot myself. Being hit by massive amounts while a rare is half a screen away, appearing to be doing nothing. Seems like something from one of the newer patches.

spectre

Arcane
Same here. One of the reasons I'm not too keen on going hardcore anytime soon.

It used to run fine in the closed beta, I only got serious desync when I abused whirling blades, so I guess they simply need to construct moar pylons.

empi

Augur
EU here and lag has just been decreasing since the launch, although I still dc every once in a while because of my shitty internet

made

Arcane
Lag's bearable, but loading times are crazy since the last patch. Defragged and all. Dunno what's up.

spectre

Arcane
Act 3 is pretty shitty in terms of performance and loading times, especially the Market. A1 and 2 got worse, but bearable.

I think they went a bit too far with the map size on this one.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of armor. Only time I ever get close to dying is either from chaos damage or high physical attack champions, which basically nullify it. In both cases I would be better off by just stacking hp, regen and endurance charges. If I forego all the armor/es nodes in my previous build, I get something like 32-40% more hp, which potentially would have saved me from being one-shot. Meh, I don't know.

DakaSha

Arcane
The way i understand it armor helps you vs the mobs. If you get crit by 3 or 4 mobs in a row your armor will prob save you because they arent doing so much damage as for it to be negated.

Evasion is more useful vs single large damage bosses (although they can still one shot you if you let them hit you.. so meh)

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
For a build without a shield, there's not much point in specifically picking up armor nodes, imo. It's fine to get some additional armor from high-value nodes like Body and Soul, but otherwise just get your preferred combination of hp/regen/damage. Mostly hp if HC. You can literally beeline for RT and then for BM, picking almost only hp along the way, and it works out just fine.

empi

Augur
If you're ever in danger of getting one shotted by a boss, it's not down to whether you chose armor or evasion. Evasion also helps more against critical hits than armor, and you can evade attacks that also do elemental damage, whereas armor only affects the physical part. And if you have decent evasion, you can't get crit by 3 or 4 mobs in a row :p

The thing that arguably gives armor the edge over evasion is that some attacks (mainly rhoa charges, which are very dangerous) can't be evaded

Castanova

Prophet
Armor is probably better for hardcore because it prevents you from dying against normal enemies and you can just farm normal enemies in order to get enough skillpoints to stack enough HP to get past the boss, who doesn't care about your armor.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Stacking resists and not lagging during potential one-shot attacks is more important against bosses than any clever build decisions you might have made, imo. Bosses aren't that dangerous before Merciless anyway. It's mostly really nasty combinations of rare monsters that get you.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Stacking resists and not lagging during potential one-shot attacks is more important against bosses than any clever build decisions you might have made, imo. Bosses aren't that dangerous before Merciless anyway. It's mostly really nasty combinations of rare monsters that get you.
That and those Brutes that can do >1k dmg crits even in normal.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
There's just Brutus and Kole. And you can always just use a bunch of Granite flasks for those as melee. Or just not fight Kole at all, he's completely optional. Brutus only really hits that hard on Merciless, on Cruel he's a total pussy.

I usually die to stupid shit like skeleton mages and archers in a room, with two rare mobs, ES aura and life regen aura, which I can't skip, and am too dumb/lazy to go reset the instance. Or chaos damage snakes. Or those stupid bandits at broken bridge who use puncture, when those get a rare with a movement speed aura, you just have to stop, blow all your emergency defenses, and hope that your buttcheeks are clenched tightly enough to withstand their rape until you clean up most of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom