Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Castanova

Prophet
I don't believe you people, kole's easy

and that 5l is a pretty low base item, i guess worth a few alchs? Maybe more if it's a high itemlevel

Figured, I just want to make sure I sufficiently rip the buyer off.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Just lost a 20 minute bid-war for a perfect color 5L armor, that could probably get me all the way through cruel. It went all the way up to Divine+Regal+4GCP+4alchs at which point I ran out of funds.

So far Freeze Pulse marauder has been a very safe and effective build, even with zero life leech. Only problem is getting proper linked items at this level, since the spell is very support gem dependent. There are no DEX nodes nearby too, which may limit me further down the road.

empi

Augur
That's a lot of curriencies, be glad you're still rich ;p

I'm doing a freezing pulser with ice spear totem shadow atm, nearing end of act 2 cruel and the build is really solid so far. Pretty much freeze most mobs before they reach me, just need to not fuck up on cruel act 3 for the third time ;p. Just bought the amulet that gives 50% block chance applies to spells and increased cast speed, and really wanna buy Aegis Aurora too, that with chaining surgeon's granite flasks and the shield nodes near body and soul should be pretty awesome

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I'm currently installing it right now. If I start as a Templar will I be royally screwed right off the bat or will I be fine? Also anyone got any ideas for a name? I'm unfortunately terrible with names (hence why I'm still using this username).

DakaSha

Arcane
Well I'm currently installing it right now. If I start as a Templar will I be royally screwed right off the bat or will I be fine? Also anyone got any ideas for a name? I'm unfortunately terrible with names (hence why I'm still using this username).

Templars are probably considered the best 'class', if just because thats what Kripparian thinks. I say they are all playable except maybe duelist because he has a horrible, uninteresting, skill tree start. Name yourself something funny. Larping an arpg is kinda meh

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Wasn't hoping to larp just didn't want to have to use some form of 80Maxwell08 again or have to take a name from some random game I have lying around. Eh I'll figure something out I guess. Thanks for the info.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I personally wouldn't start with a Templar/Shadow/Duelist; as hybrid classes, their skill-gem rewards and armor choices are not very straightforward and you'll end up sitting in the trading channel longer than necessary. I'd consider marauder the best starting class. Just stack hp, armor, get cleave/ground slam +life on hit (all obtainable through quests) and you're pretty much set for the journey.

spectre

Arcane
Don't just make one character, make 5 different, and get them near the end of Act1. This'll give you a nice pool of skill gems to choose from, and hopefully, some nice items to get you going.
As a bonus, you can use the chars as mules, if the shadow is an archer, he gets all the good bows you find.
For example, witch gets the clarity gem as a quest reward, keep it on level 1 and circulate it among your chars to smooth out your mana.
You'll quickly notice which skills are common, and which are good to keep around like that.

Once you have a nice pool of skills and support gems and some starting items, you can start designing the character you want to play. Having several chars has other advantages, you can check the vendors on each one, maybe you'll get lucky.

Stabwound

Arcane
Does anyone in HC league have Bones of Ullr boots and/or Sidhebreath amulet that you'd be willing to sell? I'm looking for both of them and it's a pain in the ass to buy things through the game or official forums. I'll give you what they're worth, I just don't have the patience to deal with that shit.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Version 0.10.1 (Current Version)
Features/Content:
All skill gems and support gems have received new art.
The 3d artwork for many shields has been substantially updated and improved.
Overhauled most of the sound effects so that they use pitch and volume variations to avoid being repetitive.
Added new music for the Act Three boss fight.
Improved all of the Duelist's animations.
The Unique bow Death's Harp now has a particle effect for its custom art.
Updated and shrunk the visual size of Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges.
Added magic-only skeletons for the Map necro boss that can raise magic monsters.
Pressing the alt (or highlight) key in trade while hovering an item now says "item level" rather than "level" to make it clearer.
On-hit effects can now apply even if they deal no damage.
Renamed "Angel Kite Shield" to "Angelic Kite Shield".
Overhauled the zombie audio.
Improved blood effects.
Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects, environments and sound.

End-game Map Changes:
Added 11 new types of Maps: Arsenal, Arcade, Ghetto, Promenade, Temple, Colonnade, Bazaar, Crematorium, Precinct, Shipyard and Shrine.
Map progression now extends to area level 77.
Maps which had the same level topologies as other maps now have their own new layouts.
The Labyrinthine mod now provides a more consistent increase in maps and is comparable to the Massive mod on applicable maps.
Some existing maps have had their bosses changed or reworked.
Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously.

Balance Changes:
Stun Threshold Reduction now has diminishing returns when it exceeds 75%. It's still possible to build very effective stun characters, but they cannot permanently lock down the hardest of bosses.
Increased the non-percentage Armour values on item mods to be the same as Evasion.
Boss totems now do more damage with Spark.
Increased the damage that Perpetus deals with Ethereal Knives.

Bug Fixes:
Fixed a bug where monsters affected by the Energy Shield aura would get too much Energy Shield in multiplayer games.
Fixed a bug with where social status messages could wrap around incorrectly.
Fixed a bug where players could not right click offline players on the friends list.
Fixed a bug where the Stun Threshold Reduction on Mortem Morsu was not limited to just attacks by that weapon.
Fixed a server crash related to currency items.
Fixed a server crash that would occur involving Bear Traps.
If you have a full microtransaction stash and purchase an additional microtransaction, a new microtransaction tab will now be added. This currently only works if you are not logged into the game client at the time. The addition of microtransaction stashes while you are logged in will be fixed in a future patch.

Arkeus

Arcane
Just fucking died because of lag. I hate thee, lag. Going from full life witch in cruel (1000life, 1000 ES) to dead without transition :-(

Edit: I think this is the last straw and i'll make a pause. Maybe i'll pick up the game again, but it's damn hard to really play HC when you are in danger of dying each time there is a server spike.

DakaSha

Arcane
@Stabwound I have the minion amulet but i doubt you want to pay my asking price of like 1 divine. I generally refuse to sell any artifact for under that (at least until my stash runs out of room) despite it not being worth it

And i honestly have only had problem with lag once. i have had a lot of lag but it has never resulted in death. the game seems to pause when there is a large lag spike. It did happen to me once with a low level character but generally im not even scared of it any more

oscar

Arcane
I wonder how they'll do this big duellist re-work they've been promising.

Revenant

I wonder how they'll do this big duellist re-work they've been promising.
Apparently, by changing the animations.

Grr, allocating space once more for the patch. I don't understand why does it take so long with an Extension 4 file system. All this allocating space bullshit must be one of the most retarded and obsolete design decisions I've ever seen.

DakaSha

Arcane
Version 0.10.1b (Current Version)
Features/Content:
You can no longer target minions on your own team.
We've added a /dnd command which toggles "Do not Disturb" mode. When in this mode, you can't receive any whisper or other social interactions. We will be adding a similar mode which still allows you to interact with your friends soon.
Reduced the volume of the beating sound on the Valentine's Heart weapon effect.

Gerrard

Arcane
The connection was reset
The connection was reset
The connection was reset
The connection was reset
The connection was reset

Why is the wiki so shit.

DakaSha

Arcane
Prob because its being used up the ass now as new players join and need info? Not to mention its a hosted wiki

Castanova

Prophet
Love that you can't target summons anymore. Hate the new gem graphics. My gem tab in my stash went from visually organized to giant mess.

Also, the new patch gave me good luck. Literally the first item that dropped after the patch, while I was playing a level 25 character, was a Regal Orb. I also got a sweet 4L that I needed for him.

Gerrard

Arcane
I just got to act 2 cruel with my dual-wield duelist. I have to say I'm not having as much trouble as I expected I would. So far on cruel Fetid Pool was probably the worst place, Merveil wasn't anything worth mentioning. Viper Strike is OP.
Biggest concern currently is dropping accuracy, down to 86%. Getting to Resolute Technique would require 10 points spent just for that, not sure if it's worth over maybe getting +DEX and increased accuracy. Does RT actually give you 100% accuracy, or are you still capped at 95%?

Castanova

Prophet
it gives you 100% accuracy. It might be worth going up there anyway considering how amazing the Marauder starting area is for a melee build. Grab up all those life, resistance, and regen nodes plus Resolute Technique. That being said, if you're using weapons that have good crit chance then Resolute Technique might not be the solution. Have you settled on a weapon? If so, there are a bunch of nodes with +accuracy and things like that.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Premium stash is not enough :(

I like that you can visually recognize the skills now, but yeah, some look weird and are hard to distinguish from support gems. I hope they change flask art as well, because I always forget which potion has the buffs I need.

Gerrard

Arcane
it gives you 100% accuracy. It might be worth going up there anyway considering how amazing the Marauder starting area is for a melee build. Grab up all those life, resistance, and regen nodes plus Resolute Technique. That being said, if you're using weapons that have good crit chance then Resolute Technique might not be the solution. Have you settled on a weapon? If so, there are a bunch of nodes with +accuracy and things like that.
I decided to stick with swords, I found whirling blades quite useful for getting out of jams/chasing ranged enemies, and actually got the sword nodes near the bottom, next to diamond skin. Since RT gives 100% accuracy I think it might work out well with extra IAS, so I'll go for that.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Dual swords scream "critical build", otherwise you're just wasting their accuracy stat and high base attack speed.

Gerrard

Arcane
I think you mean rapiers, in which case they don't have the increased accuracy that normal swords do because they have the critical bonus instead. Otherwise normal swords have no critical bonuses, and only 5% chance. I'm pretty sure claws or daggers would be better for that purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom